Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martindn

Leagues aren't won in September/October, but they are lost, statistically. In 10 years, the average number of losses per season for the league champions - 4. United have 3 already. They won't win the league.

Everyone else in on 2, and City are on 4, whats your point? We have played our hardest games of the season. Id be happy with top 3 anyway.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
No, but being a better player will. Which he is. He was great today, the fact that he worked so hard was just a bonus.

But anyway, nothing against Giroud of course but I do feel that he's limited in the way that he can't perform when Arsenal as a team aren't performing.

EDIT: Time for Walcott to return now. Even Gnabry made the difference by offering some width and pace. Imagine if Wenger could sub on Walcott instead...

It's easy to forget, but he was the top scorer last season.

Walcott - Özil - Cazorla with Giroud (or perhaps a more mobile January surprise) should be great. Just thinking of that Sunderland game, Özil set him up like 3 times. His finishing was just a little off that day, but it shows how it could be. He's going to be back after the international break, just hope the other players (who don't need to qualify for the WC anymore) will take it easy.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Laughable comment.

So, he's just been lucky for what, 6 months now? He performed really well by the end of last season as well. Some seem to forget that. Just like some seem to forget that he always had world class ability before he broke his leg.

As soon as he's not completely dominating I always read comments such as yours.

I know what you mean but I really needed to balance out the hyperbole in Ramsey's favour with some against him.

Unbiased United

Leagues aren't won in September/October, but they are lost, statistically. In 10 years, the average number of losses per season for the league champions - 4. United have 3 already. They won't win the league.

This time last year United had lost three. United might or might not win the league...Liverpool definitely wont.

footyfan

Calma, calma
But seriously though, Arsenal should stop playing so many midfielders at the same time. You can't put Cazorla and Ozil on the wings and expect them to create a lot of chances.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Even if it's only confidence that is improving Ramsey, he won't lose it after one match. In the first Dortmund game, he was more or less at fault for the Dortmund goal - didn't shake his confidence either.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
This time last year United had lost three. United might or might not win the league...Liverpool definitely wont.

I know we won't. Just like Man U won't.

It's the games against mid-table and upper relegation candidates that Moyes has and will slip up in. Draws, not losses, will be his undoing.

Last edited:

Ketoth

But seriously though, Arsenal should stop playing so many midfielders at the same time. You can't put Cazorla and Ozil on the wings and expect them to create a lot of chances.

Worked against Liverpool, worked against Dortmund. They were knackered today, we're in a good position and I expect us to kick on after the (useless) international break. Hoping for no more injuries to our already long injury list.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Yeah, that is a problem. Too many players trying to go through the center, too, causing others to go to the wings that shouldn't (like özil). That's why either of walcott, poldi or ox need to return asap.

Worked against Liverpool, worked against Dortmund. They were knackered today, we're in a good position and I expect us to kick on after the (useless) international break. Hoping for no more injuries to our already long injury list.
It worked, but arsenal could utilise their players much more effectively and thus play better. Right now they're wasting Özil and partly Cazorla, the only one profiting from it is Ramsey.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Even if it's only confidence that is improving Ramsey, he won't lose it after one match. In the first Dortmund game, he was more or less at fault for the Dortmund goal - didn't shake his confidence either.

Have you seen the goals he's been scoring? No player becomes so good so suddenly. Over the course of the season, his level will drop big time. He will still be good, but it will drop enough that he will have to really fight for his spot.

footyfan

Calma, calma

It won't work over an entire season, that was my point.

pEllee

Nah, just go back a few years and look at what people wrote when he was at Cardiff or the early Arsenal years. He always had fantastic abilities, it just took him a while to get back to his best after that horrible injury.

And like you said, at fault against Dortmund home, completely bossed it the game after.

It won't work over an entire season, that was my point.

What are they supposed to do? All their wingers are injured. They'll stop doing it once Walcott is back.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Nah, just go back a few years and look at what people wrote when he was at Cardiff or the early Arsenal years. He always had fantastic abilities, it just took him a while to get back to his best after that horrible injury.

And like you said, at fault against Dortmund home, completely bossed it the game after.
Yeah, I didn't mean to say that it's just confidence that's improved him, was just picking up the point that was made. Confidence does play a role, but he's undoubtedly a gifted player and has been for a few months, and was before he got that injury, as you said. I don't expect him to get much worse during the rest of the season. Some expectations in him after that goal streak are a bit too high though.

Banana-Rama

True the likes of man city have 3, arsenal and ourselves have two. You can win the league with 6 losses it is possible. That only happened once in 10 years, and I think that was also a similarly tight season?

But even if that comes true, I don't see United losing less than 6 games this season. Not playing like that.

i think it is fair to say we have come through our poor start to the season, our form since losing to west brom has been excellent. as for those statistics, i prefer to look at where we are in the table, southampton won't be in top 4 come end of season so i discount them, 1 point behind chelsea, 3 points behind liverpool who we will be above come end of season so not worried about that.

arsenal have a very tough run of fixtures coming up so they will drop more points, they have a very tough december with games against everton, man city and chelsea along with an away trip to napoli and away games against west ham and newcastle. united are in the title race and have as good a chance as anyone wether you like it or not...

look at the tough games that united have already got out of the way, we have already played chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, man city and are within touching distance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans