Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Just to make it clear:

I'm not arguing that La Liga is better. It isn't.

I'm just saying, the EPL is overrated. And everyone and thier mother knows who actually has a chance at the title.

Acting like Arsenal or Liverpool will win it is cool and all, and I actually would love for that to happen, but it won't. Everyone knows that. So just drop the act..

It's less predictable than La Liga, but it's still predictable.. And the quality is seriously overrated.

Chelsea vs United, United vs Arsenal, Liverpool vs United. This season...

All bored me to death.

pEllee

Just to make it clear:

I'm not arguing that La Liga is better. It isn't.

I'm just saying, the EPL is overrated. And everyone and thier mother knows who actually has a chance at the title.

Acting like Arsenal or Liverpool will win it is cool and all, and I actually would love for that to happen, but it won't. Everyone knows that. So just drop the act..

It's less predictable than La Liga, but it's still predictable.. And the quality is seriously overrated.

All bored me to death.

Oh but they will. They will... :D

JamDav1982

That's just untrue, Newcastle when on-form are a very good team, as they showed against the Spurs and Chelsea, and Everton are absolutely better than Getafe, do you really think that they would lose 7-0 to Atletico? They haven't lost at all this season (or lost once), and beat both Chelsea and Manchester City.

Swansea is nowhere as good as Atletico and Bilbao were two years ago, and United and City were nowhere as good as Barca and Real are now.

Newcastle are not a strong side and I would back Sevilla to beat them.

Swansea are not better than Valencia either, regardless of that Europa League result.

JamDav1982

The premier league has a good atmosphere too. From top to bottom every club has a good support, be it home fans or away fans. The atmosphere of the crowd encourages the players to up the tempo.

Upping the tempo and generally making the quality of play worse though not better.

Ketoth

You mean to say the title race is predictable?

Because the premier league is one of the most unpredictable like I've said, mancity lose to sunderland one week and the next week beat Tottenham 6-0. manu beat Arsenal and the next draw Cardiff.

JamDav1982

You mean to say the title race is predictable?

Because the premier league is one of the most unpredictable like I've said, mancity lose to sunderland one week and the next week beat Tottenham 6-0. manu beat Arsenal and the next draw Cardiff.

Of course the league will be more unpredictable if the top teams are not as good a standard as in Spain.

Man City lost to Sunderland with a CB pairing of Lescott and Demichelis!

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

All bored me to death.

Why won't it happen?

As for the fixtures, Liverpool 3-3 Everton, Swansea 2-2 Liverpool, City 4-1 United and 6-0 Tottenham, Aston Villa 3-2 City, West Ham 3-0 Spurs, Newcastle 2-2 Liverpool, United 3-2 Stoke, Chelsea 2-1 City, Chelsea 2-2 West Brom, Swansea 3-3 Stoke, and Cardiff 2-2 United were all fun games. Certainly a lot more fun and unexpected games than in La Liga.

xavi_the_Boss

The premier league has a good atmosphere too. From top to bottom every club has a good support, be it home fans or away fans. The atmosphere of the crowd encourages the players to up the tempo.

Really?
I don´t watch much epl because i don´t really like the Teams but in the cl when Bayern played City or Arsenal Dortmund i was dissapointed.Bayern chelsea in the Supercup was even worse only Bayern fans seemed to make noise.

Ketoth

I think you'll find that many players who have come from Spain or Germany have spoken of the passion of football in the premier league and the support as reasons for coming.

JamDav1982

Why won't it happen?

As for the fixtures, Liverpool 3-3 Everton, Swansea 2-2 Liverpool, City 4-1 United and 6-0 Tottenham, Aston Villa 3-2 City, West Ham 3-0 Spurs, Newcastle 2-2 Liverpool, United 3-2 Stoke, Chelsea 2-1 City, Chelsea 2-2 West Brom, Swansea 3-3 Stoke, and Cardiff 2-2 United were all fun games. Certainly a lot more fun and unexpected games than in La Liga.

Are you counting any team taking points off a top team from last season as exciting? Top six?

Yet La Liga only gets compared on its top three?

Why not point to a team like Arsenal - who are massively inferior to Real Madrid but have roughly the same results as them so far?

JamDav1982

I think you'll find that many players who have come from Spain or Germany have spoken of the passion of football in the premier league and the support as reasons for coming.

Yet 99% would choose Barcelona or Madrid ahead of going to a EPL side.

They are there for the money above anything else.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Are you counting any team taking points off a top team from last season as exciting? Top six?

Yet La Liga only gets compared on its top three?

Why not point to a team like Arsenal - who are massively inferior to Real Madrid but have roughly the same results as them so far?

I was just naming games that were upsets, or had a lot of goals for both teams, or often both.

Not sure what you mean about Arsenal and Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans