Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketoth

Fans of the EPL (including me) only see the top 3 in la liga as good teams, and the rest either average or awful.

JamDav1982

I was just naming games that were upsets, or had a lot of goals for both teams, or often both.

Not sure what you mean about Arsenal and Madrid.

Those upsets are largely down to the top teams not being as good.

As I said you can point to Sunderland beating Man City as evidence but when you realise the actual team they had out it is not all that surprising.

Banana-Rama

Fans of the EPL (including me) only see the top 3 in la liga as good teams, and the rest either average or awful.

exactly this, la liga teams are clueless defensively when it comes to facing the top 3, it is routine for them to concede 5 or 6 goals, sometimes more. ..

JamDav1982

exactly this, la liga teams are clueless defensively when it comes to facing the top 3, it is routine for them to concede 5 or 6 goals, sometimes more. ..

La Liga teams are clue less against the top three?

Man Utd have played 7/8 games against La Liga teams out with the top two in the past 4/5 seasons and have scored more than one goal only once.

Ghost

Good to see Atleti getting some recognition from non-hardcore La Liga followers, at least.

Valencia and Sevilla deserved some a few years ago as well, but uh, I guess that ship has sailed..

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

You mean to say the title race is predictable?

Because the premier league is one of the most unpredictable like I've said, mancity lose to sunderland one week and the next week beat Tottenham 6-0. manu beat Arsenal and the next draw Cardiff.

Definitely unpredictable, as you describe. Not due to the quality of the players up and down the table, but due to the style of play generally adopted by all teams (and appreciated by EPL fans)- get the ball in the box as quickly and as often as you can. It's "you can't score the shots you don't take" taken to the extreme. Though the EPL has certainly become more technical over the last few years, it still places a premium on low-percentage quantity over high-percentage quality. When a team with better players plays this same high-risk style as a team with lesser players, the odds equalize more to the benefit of the lesser team, so underdog wins/draws are more frequent-- IOW, more "competitive" and unpredictable.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

Why not point to a team like Arsenal - who are massively inferior to Real Madrid but have roughly the same results as them so far?
You could also argue that Athletico are weaker than Real but have better results because teams they face are so poor that the additional difference in quality is required only boost goal difference.....

F

Flavia

You could also argue that Athletico are weaker than Real but have better results because teams they face are so poor that the additional difference in quality is required only boost goal difference.....

Except Atletico owned rm 2x this year already. And both games at the bernabeu.

S7_MUFC

Except Atletico owned rm 2x this year already. And both games at the bernabeu.
Do you think Athletico are massively superior to Arsenal? because the poster I replied to suggested that Arsenal are massively inferior to Real and your argument centers around assumption that Athletico are as strong as Real.........

F

Flavia

Do you think Athletico are massively superior to Arsenal? because the poster I replied to suggested that Arsenal are massively inferior to Real and your argument centers around assumption that Athletico are as strong as Real.........
Right now, their team is on par with rm and barça. Not a lot of big names, but as a team, they're fantastic. I think atletico would beat arsenal if they met.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Right now Atletico would probably beat us, but once Walcott is again in-form I think we could win, it would definitely be tight though. The game will be won in the midfield, and I think we just edge Atletico there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans