Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well Mourinho probably wants to try his luck with Torres, but I don't see it happening for Fernando anymore. Lukaku has to start really. We won't get Rooney, probably Eto'o, then Ba will probably end up leaving.

S7_MUFC

The way we're going we might as well not have a striker, RVP may well make the difference again. Hopefully Lukaku starts, he's looked better at getting involved in plays than Torres and Ba tbh. United are at home so even if they aren't impressive they have the advantage over us who haven't been exactly great either. That said, a win here would be a good morale boost for us.
looks like you got your wish for the ref.....
Manchester United v Chelsea (8pm)
Referee: M Atkinson
Assistants: P Kirkup, S Long
Fourth Official: M Dean

impeh

Hi, its me..
West Brom striker Nicolas Anelka has walked out of training and informed staff he is retiring from football, Sky sources understand.

Anelka only joined the club over the summer from Chinese sider Shanghai Shenhua and looked impressive during pre-season, scoring seven goals.

But he looked laboured in Saturday's 1-0 home defeat to Southampton and appears to have decided to call time on his career, although the club are yet to confirm the news.

Jenks

Bit of a piss take. Now West Brom will have to scramble to replace him. Maybe take Izzy Brown back on loan.

Unbiased United

Unless Atkinson is up to his old tricks I think United will comfortably win against Chelsea. I'm not saying that as a blinkered fan either. If we were playing City I'd be nervous and I dislike them more than I do Chelsea, I just really don't see much to worry us in the Chelsea team. Some good attacking midfield options obviously but other than that they look relatively average.

3-1 to United comfortable win (again unless Atkinson does his usual against us/for Chelsea).

Jenks

Some good attacking midfield options obviously but other than that they look relatively average.

Isn't that exactly what could be said about United? Your midfield got dominated by Swansea, and you only won comfortably by virtue of having a good strikers.

Unbiased United

Isn't that exactly what could be said about United? Your midfield got dominated by Swansea, and you only won comfortably by virtue of having a good strikers.

Dominated is harsh. It was a tough away game, so we did what we tend to do in such games recently, soak up pressure and let our quality count when we have chances. We also had Rafael, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez, Rooney (for the most part) plus one or two others missing.

Our keeper is on his way to being one of the best. Vidic and Ferdinand are still a rock when the play together, we have some creative wingers and our attacking options are there for all to see.

IMO (and we are champions so I have a good argument) we have a better first team, a better squad, and home advantage. Of course I could end up with egg on my face but I was more worried about the Swansea away game. When we play at home we are favorites against any team in England.

Last edited:

Jenks

stats.png

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
1-0!!! Ramsey rips it, got through to Giroud who was making a run, and he finishes it off with style!!

3 goals in 3 games ! :wub:

EDIT:

2-0!!! Walcott's cross pushed out by the goalkeeper, but it goes straight to Podolski who smashes it into the goal!!

:wub:

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Been up all night, haven't slept so I just stayed up and now drinking coffee watching this ARS-FUL match. Exciting stuff. Fulham should have scored atleast one... scoreline should be 1-1, that first Giroud goal was so lucky. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans