Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martindn

Mourinho is known for being negative but I counted more shots on target for Chelsea so your point isn't valid.

So how is it a team such as ours, which gives away possession more than we have it usually, gets the most possession and most passes? Chelsea did nothing but park the bus, play for the draw and have a few long shots, neither team really created anything it was 13 shots and 3 on target to there 8 and 4 yet your point was that only we lacked any quality hardly a big difference.

K

kingleo

Naah, just manu, chelsea, sunderland, stoke, west ham, newcastle

Did I leave anybody out?

LOL! Chelsea are probably the most entertaining team to watch in the PL! they play better football than Arsenal now!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I had no idea this Chelsea team could play like that! SO solid and well organised! i thought Bayern would destroy them in the Super Cup final on Friday but now after that i think it will be a close game! all Chelsea was missing was that top striker to knick them a goal!

It did help that United had no creativity. If you do that against Bayern then you can say you're solid and organised.

K

kingleo

So how is it a team such as ours, which gives away possession more than we have it usually, gets the most possession and most passes? Chelsea did nothing but park the bus, play for the draw and have a few long shots, neither team really created anything it was 13 shots and 3 on target to there 8 and 4 yet your point was that only we lacked any quality hardly a big difference.

if Chelsea parked the bus what did United do? every time Chelsea had the ball in United's half they got everyone behind the ball as well!

Ketoth

My point about lacking quality is not based on today's match, but your team's play style. Young gets the ball at a wide position, crosses, ball comes back to him, crosses again. That is so simple. Elite teams have a lot more quality and don't rely on blind crosses into the box hoping it falls for them. You are lacking creativity, very much I would say.

Martindn

My point about lacking quality is not based on today's match, but your team's play style. Young gets the ball at a wide position, crosses, ball comes back to him, crosses again. That is so simple. Elite teams have a lot more quality and don't rely on blind crosses into the box hoping it falls for them. You are lacking creativity, very much I would say.

Have you only just noticed how shit our wingers are? Been like that for ages. Cant really change 20-30 years of history though. I dont see it changing any time soon, Kagawa cant buy a game at moment and he is still lacking fitness.

Banana-Rama

well moyes can change the play style if he wants to, we have creative players like kagawa/zaha/nani/januzaj so its not like we can only play one way...

pEllee

I'd say Rooney is pretty creative. Carrick's got a great eye for a pass as well. What they did lack was good movement. They didn't miss Kagawa.

Last edited:

Ketoth

you think kagawa is shit? obviously you didn't see him playing for dortmund when he destroyed bayern, januzaj will be a top class player, he's an outstanding talent...

last season he was. But I'm referring to Carrick and Cleverley. They play a lot more like defenders than midfielders. Do utd use a double pivot? If so then I'm not sure who your creative midfielder was.

Banana-Rama

last season he was. But I'm referring to Carrick and Cleverley. They play a lot more like defenders than midfielders. Do utd use a double pivot? If so then I'm not sure who your creative midfielder was.

well at least we are not losing 1-3 at home to aston villa like your team...

Ketoth

well at least we are not losing 1-3 at home to aston villa like your team...

We'll see. For the mean time, I'd say our first 11 is much better than yours, but your team has more experience, organisation and winning mentality to give you the edge. You got Fergie's team and they have learned all there is to learn from Fergie, if it was a David Moyes team you'd be nowhere near the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans