Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mateka

Trying to cope really hard!
City were 2nd best the entire game in 11 vs 11, and would have lost by 2 goal difference if not the red card and the pens.

Arsenal got robbed by ref and no one else.
Digest it, and don't try to sweeten the pill

I guess you’re an Arsenal fan.

At half time it was their game to lose.

I would be delighted if City drew, but at half time that looked unlikely.

I don’t think the ref changed the game. Sheer stupidity of two Arsenal players changed it.

I can understand Arsenal fans feeling robbed. But Arsenal players robbed themselves. They lost it mentally.

As a City fan I am euphoric. Because we played badly - though that was due to Arsenal being so good.

But we did a Fergie. Played badly, got behind, but won it in Fergie time.

ESPN So, in the space of 123 seconds, Arsenal had made four individual errors that further swung the game in City's favour.

Last edited:

Daisymorr

I thought Arsenal played quite good today but didn't take their chances.
City were under par and got a few breaks that went their way but thats what Champions do, they take advantage.

Arsenal looking a better team than the last few years for sure. Hungry players

Birdy

I guess you’re an Arsenal fan.

At half time it was their game to lose.

I would be delighted if City drew, but at half time that looked unlikely.

I don’t think the ref changed the game. Sheer stupidity of two Arsenal players changed it.

I can understand Arsenal fans feeling robbed. But Arsenal players robbed themselves. They lost it mentally.

As a City fan I am euphoric. Because we played badly - though that was due to Arsenal being so good.

But we did a Fergie. Played badly, got behind, but won it in Fergie time.

ESPN So, in the space of 123 seconds, Arsenal had made four individual errors that further swung the game in City's favour.

I am not an Arsenal fan, LOL :lol:
Browse back this thread to see how many times I have praised City and Pep.

That does not mean you deserved anything in today's game.
The result was unfair, and didn't reflect the better side.
Simple as that

Mateka

I am not an Arsenal fan, LOL :lol:
Browse back this thread to see how many times I have praised City and Pep.

That does not mean you deserved anything in today's game.
The result was unfair, and didn't reflect the better side.
Simple as that

Your comments are fair enough.

Mateka

Spurs got 3 points at Watford and so compete with Arsenal for a CL place.

They appear a step or two behind Arsenal on the pitch.

Mateka

Just because its a shirt pull doesnt make it a clear penalty.
I hate these look worse in slowmo type penalties where players clearly dive in illogical ways just to get the var to act. Slight contact = penalty is ridiculous.
Similair to that Ramos dive against us.
Yellow for that diving cheat Bernardo and freekick for Arsenal is the right call.

Law 12 is the ruling in question. It states: "A direct free-kick or penalty is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences….holds an opponent, impedes an opponent with contact"

raskolnikov

Law 12 is the ruling in question. It states: "A direct free-kick or penalty is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences?.holds an opponent, impedes an opponent with contact"

Then you can give 6 penalties in a match. With every corner there is holding or obstruction.
It goes against the spirit of the game to award these obvious dives.

Mateka

Then you can give 6 penalties in a match. With every corner there is holding or obstruction.
It goes against the spirit of the game to award these obvious dives.

That s the law. Xhaka was naive to stick his leg out whilst pulling his shirt.

Aside from the penalty that he gave up, Xhaka also lost out on seven of his duels and failed to record a single shot on goal, successful dribble, key pass, cross or accurate long ball, while he managed fewer touches than his own goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale (SofaScore).

Last edited:

stb_1

I told you guys, in two years time Arsenal will fight for the title.

So many good talented young players, they remind me of City the first year Pep came towards the end, you could see them clicking into gear ready for the next season.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

So many good talented young players, they remind me of City the first year Pep came towards the end, you could see them clicking into gear ready for the next season.

Nah i think they will need a few years before fighting for the title, liver and city are a class on his own atm. Further Arsenal needs to learn to win big games, for example they lost against a crap manu this season again. These are must-wins if you want the title.

Mateka

Arsenal are back challenging for CL.

In 2 years they will be better, the difficulty is that those they want to catch are not going to stand still and wait.

But Arteta is a good manager. They will compete.

stb_1

People don't realise Saka is 20 years old.. if he keeps it up he will reach Salah levels.

ESR is 21.. plays like Kaka lite. Martinelli 20 years old... could easily reach Alexis Sanchez levels.

All of their defence is young and talented too, + goalkeeper.

Home of Barca Fans