Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingLeo10

That's because he is more famous for some incredible failures in CL. It's as if you have a cake which is half very tasty even if boring and conservative, with some smooth chocolate, but the other half is full of shit. The cake is bad overall.

To praise Valverde, you have to pick the good stuff and completely ignore his massive bottlejobs.

I don't think many would blame him for a QF and SF exit given a declining team and chaotic club structure, if it weren't for the manner in which he lost those CL matches.

Maybe Roma was an aberration. But if your forwards gave you a 3 goal advantage at home and the opposing team was missing 2 of their top 3 attackers in the return leg AND you had already bottled versus Roma, you absolutely need to find a way to salvage that situation if you're an elite coach.

He's not a trash manager. He's average to above average. Never elite.

Mateka

United under SAF had the ability to grab a victory in Fergie time, extended extra time.

That is what City did today. That is what makes Champions. To win when you are not at your best.

Well done Pep. Well done City.

As I ve already said, City won when not at their best.

The win today was reminiscent of United play badly under SAF but winning in Fergie time.

serghei

I don't think many would blame him for a QF and SF exit given a declining team and chaotic club structure, if it weren't for the manner in which he lost those CL matches.

Maybe Roma was an aberration. But if your forwards gave you a 3 goal advantage at home and the opposing team was missing 2 of their top 3 attackers in the return leg AND you had already bottled versus Roma, you absolutely need to find a way to salvage that situation if you're an elite coach.

He's not a trash manager. He's average to above average. Never elite.

Yea, IMO the topic is closed after 2 years. Good manager, blamed too harshly at times, but clearly a Valencia-Sevilla level at best. Maybe he will prove this wrong, but the way things are going with his employment... doubt it.

Imo, he did screw it up badly in CL, so I don't think Barca fans should let that double fuck-up slide and remember him too well.

Mateka

Wow wow wow Arsenal was good though and it looks like Arteta has transformed this team.

All credit to Arteta. City put 5 previously past Arsenal. The media were on Arteta back at the start of the season due to a slow start, that was not his fault, Covid etc.

Arteta has changed them, and they will get better. CL qualification is now possible. It will be a battle with United and Spurs, possibly West Ham.

Well done Arteta.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yea, IMO the topic is closed after 2 years. Good manager, blamed too harshly at times, but clearly a Valencia-Sevilla level at best. Maybe he will prove this wrong, but the way things are going with his employment... doubt it.

Imo, he did screw it up badly in CL, so I don't think Barca fans should let that double fuck-up slide and remember him too well.

Roma was clearly his fault but in anfield players had enough chances to score, hard to give Ernesto the fault for that historical loss :valverde2:

Mateka

Please excuse my euphoria at getting the win. At half time I would have been pleased with a draw. It was not vintage City. They did not play well. Arsenal lost the plot at one period in the game. But champions, when playing badly, come back and win.

Today was the match for me, that made me think City can win this league again.

raskolnikov

This was some madridista type refereeing. Arsenal got screwed over big time by that idiot ref

You should never give a penalty for a disgracefull dive like that.
Good to see oil money prevail as the start of 2022.
Arsenal can credit themselves with playing awesome till the ref stepped in.

serghei

The only clear referee error was not giving the pen to City himself and needing VAR to whistle it. Looked an obvious pen in live feed as well. Xhaka has a gift for these things.

raskolnikov

The only clear referee error was not giving the pen to City himself and needing VAR to whistle it. Looked an obvious pen in live feed as well. Xhaka has a gift for these things.
Just because its a shirt pull doesnt make it a clear penalty.
I hate these look worse in slowmo type penalties where players clearly dive in illogical ways just to get the var to act. Slight contact = penalty is ridiculous.
Similair to that Ramos dive against us.
Yellow for that diving cheat Bernardo and freekick for Arsenal is the right call.

Birdy

Arsenal will feel robbed.

But they lost it.

Lost it mentally.

Whatever Pep said half time it worked.

In the end City to play away against a team in form, showed they can be Champions

Trying to cope really hard!
City were 2nd best the entire game in 11 vs 11, and would have lost by 2 goal difference if not the red card and the pens.

Arsenal got robbed by ref and no one else.
Digest it, and don't try to sweeten the pill

Home of Barca Fans