Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
City might as well win the league in the end and make no mistake, they are a great team but they just struck me as very bland when they play, lacking that passion, or zest or magic whatever you call it. Even their players are kind of that way, overall just very bland for me. I don't know why.

it's just Pep's robotic football. His Bayern team felt the same

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
it's just Pep's robotic football. His Bayern team felt the same

Bayern actually felt different for me, they actually were efficient, meticulous but also brutal and not lack characteristics, quite different from this City. But I reckon I haven't watched City enough to really form an opinion.

serghei

City might very well win the league in the end and make no mistake, they are a great team, well oiled machine etc. but they just struck me as very bland when they play, lacking that passion, or zest or magic whatever you call it. Even their players are kind of that way, overall just very bland for me. I don't know why.

It's because they really lack those gifted players to wow you. Only De Bruyne would be someone (maybe Cancelo on a good day as well) who could get relatively close to what Pep worked with in the past at Bayern, and especially Barca where he had magicians everywhere from midfield up.

The players add up their own vibe and spice to the game on top of the framework set by Pep. When you have Henry, Messi, Eto'o, David Villa, Iniesta, Dani Alves, let's say the show is on.

Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Sterling, these guys are 2 levels below.

Last edited:

Porque

City are mundanely excellent. Pep has a system that is meticulous and controlling, but removed the soul from football.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Bayern actually felt different for me, they actually were efficient, meticulous but also brutal and not lack characteristics, quite different from this City. But I reckon I haven't watched City enough to really form an opinion.

I guess it was also fun to watch Costa and Coman destroy their fullback on the wing and send in crosses to Lewa, a real 9 that City don't have. Still, there is something about his obsession with two inverted fullbacks, which started at Bayern, that makes it ugly to watch. Like a handball team.

serghei

Silva, KDB and Mahrez all been class to watch this season for large spells.

He's speaking about a higher level. They are easily good enough for the teams around atm. But when compared with some of the greats that provided entertainment in previous years, they fall well short of that sort of public appeal.

JamDav1982

He's speaking about a higher level. They are easily good enough for the teams around atm. But when compared with some of the greats that provided entertainment in previous years, they fall well short of that sort of public appeal.

No the point was about who enjoy watching for City and for me those three and likes of Cancelo been good watch as individuals.

utility73

Don't know what this talk about soul is about but I myself enjoy watching excellence at display. And can I enjoy it in all the different kind of flavours.
I enjoy watching Pep's city.
I enjoy watching Klopp's Liverpool
I enjoyed prime Pep Barca.
I also enjoyed prime Simeone Atletico
And I even enjoyed in a kind of masochistic way prime Mourinho, i.e. when he kicked out Pep with Inter in 2010.

Last edited:

Rassvet

so Liverpool-MU rescheduled for April 19th

United getting help from these rearranged fixtures as Everton and Arsenal now have to play on the wednesday night before early saturday kickoffs against them along with Arsenal already having to play wednesday night and early saturday this week for some reason.

The league is definitely doing what it can to help them get top 4.

Home of Barca Fans