Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

serghei

Also, I know Simeone is easy to hate... but how the fuck can you compare a guy who broke Barca and Madrid duopoly in Spain to some managers who never won anything in their careers?

Morten

ETH, Nagelsman, Poch are better managers than LL and CL winner Ancelotti?

These are hype standings for tweeter/reddit aficionados.

Also, Bumsy Flick will gonna live forever on that lucky run with Bayern. If he'll have the courage to get back into top club management he'll get found out.

They have "philosophy", so obviously yes.

If you don't base your game around playing a million short passes in midfield, you are a scrub, didn't you know?

Birdy

ETH, Nagelsman, Poch are better managers than LL and CL winner Ancelotti?

These are hype standings for tweeter/reddit aficionados.

Also, Bumsy Flick will gonna live forever on that lucky run with Bayern. If he'll have the courage to get back into top club management he'll get found out.

Ancelotti was in the WC top5 back in the 00s at best when he was at Milan and Chelsea maybe, from then on his football was history

Don't think that his obsolete football has anything WC in it in year 2022.
The fact that he won CL with RM says shit, anyone can win CL with RM as recent history has shown...

How were his recent spells at other clubs? Napoli, Bayern? even PSG before RM?
Did he make them better or worse? what did he win with them?
Is Spaletti now not making Carlo a joke with his work at Napoli?

Yeah, all that...

Morten

1 is those who have proven it loooong term, and only Pep and Klopp currently qualify

1b have the same potential, but need to do it long-term to enter 1

Klopp is very good, but his record in finals is...questionable, but i guess it makes sense to have him above the others.

fergus90

Hansi Flick is far from a bum. Instrumental for Germany under Jogi Low, worked under Trappatoni at Salzburg and had Bayern winning the sextuple when they looked hopeless under Kovac.

If he's available and a top job is open, he would definitely be considered.

Birdy

Klopp is very good, but his record in finals is...questionable, but i guess it makes sense to have him above the others.

True, but still.
3 finals in 5 CL seasons is an amazing feat

And cup competitions are never the best mirror.
Klopp lost also two leagues (18/19, and 21/22) he would have won 'under normal circumstances' (meaning not competing with another monster like Pep)
Still an amazing achievement to get 90+ points each time

Hansi Flick is far from a bum. Instrumental for Germany under Jogi Low, worked under Trappatoni at Salzburg and had Bayern winning the sextuple when they looked hopeless under Kovac.

Don't spoil the wet dream of clueless about football people, like Malvolio

malvolio

Ancelotti was in the WC top5 back in the 00s at best when he was at Milan and Chelsea maybe, from then on his football was history

Don't think that his obsolete football has anything WC in it in year 2022.
The fact that he won CL with RM says shit, anyone can win CL with RM as recent history has shown...

How were his recent spells at other clubs? Napoli, Bayern? even PSG before RM?
Did he make them better or worse? what did he win with them?
Is Spaletti now not making Carlo a joke with his work at Napoli?

Yeah, all that...

So the others you mentioned are better because they haven't won shit. While old man Ancelotti won all 5 top leagues and CL last year(so not 10 years ago) beating Pep, Tuchel and Pochettino.

I too like young managers, that come up with new styles or ideas. Even though there is lots of folklore around them as they are young and people rave about them like they are changing the game. In reality, most of them haven't changed shit. Got jobs at big clubs because of hype over good results at small teams.

Now watch grandpa Ancelotti winning another LL this sesosn season and probably a deep run(win?) in the CL.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yess, after he left bayern they are back on kovac level. Germany will be on fire in WC.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I like Pochettino but i would rather choose Conte than him atm. It doesnt matter where Conte goes he performs worldclass in league (Juve, Chelsea, Tottenham). Poche good but he needed a lot time to develop something in tottenham and now in psg he was meh [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] what do you say?

malvolio

He hasn't built shit. Basically got Kovac's team and won that lucky Covid CL, against a weak Barca, Lyon and barely got over PSG in the final. People rave about sextuple with Bayern like we don't know that only trophy that matters is the CL from that run. A broken CL that season.

Bayern didn't even wanted to back him in the transfer market after a sextuple. Go figure.

Birdy

So the others you mentioned are better because they haven't won shit. While old man Ancelotti won all 5 top leagues and CL last year(so not 10 years ago) beating Pep, Tuchel and Pochettino.

I too like young managers, that come up with new styles or ideas. Even though there is lots of folklore around them as they are young and people rave about them like they are changing the game. In reality, most of them haven't changed shit. Got jobs at big clubs because of hype over good results at small teams.

Now watch grandpa Ancelotti winning another LL this sesosn season and probably a deep run(win?) in the CL.

Some things you will find useful:

1) Winning doesn't mean being WC...
How many examples you want form the history of football?

2) winning all top 5 leagues is an amazing achievement,
but 2 of them (Italy, England) happened quite a while ago, and another 2 (France, Germany) happened to be joke leagues when he won them

3) CL with RM doesn't say shite, like I said.
His CLs with Milan prove tons more than his CLs with RM

4) Winning or gaining European football, top4, promotion etc with small teams is far more reflecting of the value of a coach than winning with the big boys.
Because the second can happen without necessarily being due to the work of the coach.

Some, of course, cannot handle the job at a big club, but that's another discussion

Birdy

I like Pochettino but i would rather choose Conte than him atm. It doesnt matter where Conte goes he performs worldclass in league (Juve, Chelsea, Tottenham). Poche good but he needed a lot time to develop something in tottenham and now in psg he was meh [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] what do you say?

PSG stint post 2017 should never be considered reflective of the value of a coach.
Look at Emery, look at Tuchel

A sick organization, and sick team, will inevitably strangulate a healthy coach no matter what.

The football he played with Spurs, and the points he won in the most difficult league in the world, are enough of an indicator of his level

Home of Barca Fans