Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

Porque

Man U are on a bit of a run. But these wins are against Burnley, Wolves, Forest and Bournemouth.

Let's see how they are when they got City and Arsenal in succession.

Sometimes we have to zoom out a bit when looking at things, and a fixture just over a month away.

Horatio

You're welcome
Man U are on a bit of a run. But these wins are against Burnley, Wolves, Forest and Bournemouth.

Sometimes we have to zoom out a bit when looking at things, and a fixture just over a month away.

It's more about the way they play and their attitude than what scoreboard says.

They will very likely lose against City. Arsenal will be relatively even-sided.

serghei

Dude cut out this crap theory that position on the table of LL shows something, in a league almost always a two horse race
We were 1st under Ernie but were a shitty team and got heavily exposed in Europe
EPL has 6 big teams and the best coaches in the world. Let alone that the bottom half of the EPL table there doesn't give you anything for free, you have to fight for every point

EV's team was close to make the treble, there can be no comparison to the current team. It was a flawed team, except flawed only at the highest possible level.

Current team can't even get out of CL, they can't get to a position to bottle a CL title. That is a luxury compared to our level. Apples vs oranges really.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

EV's team was close to make the treble, there can be no comparison to the current team. It was a flawed team, except flawed only at the highest possible level.

That team was top going for a treble of league titles and had won double both seasons and folk wanted him sacked.

But now with Barca top folk cant have complaints or moaning and spolied.

It works both ways.

It is coming crunch time for Xavi. Barca have wasted tens of millions in Europe already and that could get worse and all at a time club cant underperform and allow those losses.

Better signings and better results in Europe and club would be in a much better place right now is the reality.

What is your cut off point for thinking Barca would be better to sack him than give him time?

serghei

That team was top going for a treble of league titles and had won double both seasons and folk wanted him sacked.

But now with Barca top folk cant have complaints or moaningn and spolied.

It works both ways.

It is coming crunch time for Xavi. Barca have wasted tens of millions in Europe already and that could get worse and all at a time club cant underperform and allow those losses.

What is your cut off point for thinking Barca would be better to sack him than give him time?

True, EV got too much criticism. I can admit that looking back.

Cut off point would be not competing for the title. If Madrid get the title by 4-6 points ahead, I'd look to get Tuchel. Because Madrid aren't that consistent, and they could be punished imo. A top manager could exploit current Madrid's league level and get La Liga. Getting the title for us would be massive.

If we win La Liga, Xavi becomes untouchable.
If we lose La Liga in a tough fight, Xavi should be safe imo, but still upgradeable.
If we lose La Liga by hitting a poor form... I can't complain if Xavi is replaced.

Don't think we can win EL, and the Cup is not as important for me at this point, compared to La Liga.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Cut off point would be not competing for the title. If Madrid get the title by 4-6 points ahead, I'd look to get Tuchel.

To be honest I think EV could have gone after Liverpool let alone the next season..,even if think he took too much blame for it. The club needed a reset.

So my point is not that no one could have any criticisms of him as a lot of it was fair and can have critisicms even if doing relatively well but dont think decisions are being made in positive way for future.

Same with Xavi.. the frustration is 220m being spent on top of a core of a good team in Araujo, Balde, FDJ, Pedri, Gavi, Dembele etc and seeing many of same problems. Also every signing being one for now and immediate success.. most clubs spending big are not spending it all on players that are in prime now and have to perform immediately. Signing thos players comes with different expectations.

If Barca finish second and go out to Man U or dont win EL he will surivive 4 European early exits and a 2nd place that no other Barca coach would.

It is costing the club far too much financially that.

Last edited:

Birdy

Cut off point would be not competing for the title. If Madrid get the title by 4-6 points ahead, I'd look to get Tuchel. Because Madrid aren't that consistent, and they could be punished imo. A top manager could exploit current Madrid's league level and get La Liga. Getting the title for us would be massive.

If we win La Liga, Xavi becomes untouchable.
If we lose La Liga in a tough fight, Xavi should be safe imo, but still upgradeable.
If we lose La Liga by hitting a poor form... I can't complain if Xavi is replaced.

Don't think we can win EL, and the Cup is not as important for me at this point, compared to La Liga.

More wishful thinking from Serghei

No Xavi needs to go regardless of results if we keep playing like that
On the contrary, if there is improvement on the pitch, he should stay even if loses LL

fergus90

They've already beaten Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and drew with Chelea this season to be fair.

So when you zoom out even further you see he has the most wins out of any manager in their first 25 games at the club and has done well against their rivals.

Laplacian

They've beaten Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool. Tied with Chelsea and Newcastle. Only big team they've lost against is City.

Porque

It's more about the way they play and their attitude than what scoreboard says.

They will very likely lose against City. Arsenal will be relatively even-sided.

They've beaten Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool. Tied with Chelsea and Newcastle. Only big team they've lost against is City.

They've already beaten Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and drew with Chelea this season to be fair.

So when you zoom out even further you see he has the most wins out of any manager in their first 25 games at the club and has done well against their rivals.

Well when you guys put it like that. We're done.

pep-guardiola-pep.gif

Barcilliant

Oh my God. Valverde was a fucking cuck and it showed. On the positive side he managed to squeeze out the last drops of the senior talent. He was pragmatic too switching to that 442 formation.
Too many negatives though. Cl humiliations despite huge first leg leads, was brought into develop the young players and weed out the old. Completely failed in that. The amigos further entrenched themselves in the club with their sense of entitlement and toxicity. No intensity in training, was a cuck to seniors and board. The culture of getting humiliated in Europe started with this clown.

Home of Barca Fans