Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

I said we need an AM, but he is too old, and past his best. And for the money... pass. we should look at players about to enter their prime, to bring some needed speed and intensity in this team.

Ok I wa sure you were all in for him being player needed not long ago. Maybe not.

Agreed on pace but also physicality needed.

JamDav1982

If you play a double pivot, Pedri needs to be sold.

He doesnt.

Pedri would be class at AM and will score more once settles there if was to.

There are different ways to play a double pivot also and freedom give one/both to get forward depending on what game needs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure whether Pedri has those qualities or not, but he had some experience playing as the most advanced midfielder for Las Palmas. Not the biggest sample size though.

Either way this club need to lose the idea of trying to replace Busquets with a like-for-like player and play with a single pivot.

fergus90

A 2014 Rakitic type would be good. Could do with striking it lucky by scouting a gem for low fee.

Otherwise I’m certain it will be Neves.

serghei

A 2014 Rakitic type would be good. Could do with striking it lucky by scouting a gem for low fee.

Otherwise I’m certain it will be Neves.

Neves is decent, but not really top class material. He's not gonna solve the position, but is gonna improve the team for sure.

fergus90

Stones has turned a corner to be fair. He was close to being sold in 2020, wasn’t making the squad and Pep played Eric Garcia with Fernandinho for a period.

He came back a different player.

Home of Barca Fans