Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

KingLeo10

I'm not sure you can just reduce the Ferguson era United to the 98/99 treble to be fair, the whole Ferguson era rivals pretty much any clubs successful period. Plus they have had the Matt Busby era too in the late 60's.

13 league titles
5 FA Cups
4 league cups
2 Champions leagues and 2 runners up
1 Cup winners cup ( still miss that competition)

SAF has a reign of 26 years. In the similar ~ 26 years since Johan Cruyff took over, Barca had:

13 La Liga
5 CLs and 1 runner up
6 Copa Del Rey
10 League Cups

Agree that United is comparable/no slouches, but the question is pertaining to the tendency of United fans and PL fans' tendency to claim United are THE biggest club. I don't think you can make a solid argument for them being bigger than RM (clear cut)/ Barca (sizable gap but still could be argued)/ Bayern (sizable gap but still could be argued). Milan gets shortchanged in these discussions but up until 2007ish, you could make a case for them being the top dog with RM. Pool is also underrated and I feel on equal footing to United historically.

But I'm also not living in the UK, so I acknowledge the perceptions there are different and can definitely see the aura of United overshadowing other clubs if one grew up in UK during 90s and 00s.

fergus90

That is since 1990 or there was football before it?
Some numbers behind the statement?

Btw. I don't care about Lpool or Utd.

They’ve been big in England for many, many years. First English club to win the European cup back in 1968. They gathered a lot of fans through players in different generations like George Best, Bobby Charlton and Dennis Law etc.

I hate Man United but they’ve been one of the worlds biggest teams for a long, long time. Although I think they even acknowledge Real Madrid as the worlds biggest club, as does most of the UK sports media.

Home of Barca Fans