Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

Brighton are a good side.

Likes of Caciedo will get a big move this summer.

Absolute class in midfield for them.

As soon as they signed him hey expected to get 80m+ for him within couple years. Quality was clear immediately.

stb_1

Stunning from Brighton... again.

They are the best footballing side in the PL, even better than City. De Zerbi will go to a huge club next. Pep, Klopp, Xavi or Conte replacement for sure.

serghei

Need to do better in scouting and signings. So many good players that don't cost an arm and a leg and would improve us.

JamDav1982

Need to do better in scouting and signings. So many good players that don't cost an arm and a leg and would improve us.

They want instant success so wont go for those type of players so much.

This idea that club cant take time to rebuild holds them back.

Decisions are rarely thought of more long term than one or two seasons.

serghei

They want instant success so wont go for those type of players so much.

This idea that club cant take time to rebuild holds them back.

Decisions are rarely thought of more long term than one or two seasons.

I bet they spend more time thinking how to fool La Liga's cap to sign Leao than actually monitoring players properly.

JamDav1982

I bet they spend more time thinking hot to fool La Liga caps to sign Leao than actually monitoring players properly.

I think Barca do monitor players properly but they have a couple of issues.. lack of money but want instant success so see anything around say 15/20m+ as a gamble if not performed in a 'top league'... they over value La Liga in that also.

Also they believe Barca is 'unique' and a 'dream' and young players must forgive better offers to join them..but those days are gone. The EPL is huge and average teams are taking these players who want the money and to play in that league in a way that was not there in past.

serghei

But then they did sign likes of Dest, Tricano etc... so maybe the scouting is poor, ignoring important aspects. Can't help but think we overvalue fancy technique at the cost of more important things such as mentality, attitude, fight and determination.

serghei

I'm sure they got fooled by the occasional superb dribbles Dest can pull off, ignoring that 80% of the time the guy is an airhead, mentally checked out. I thought a proper pro club can see beyond those things, but Barca seemingly often can't.

Home of Barca Fans