Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

jamrock

Lewa was a good buy, when context is taken into consideration, we can all act as if this is the marvel multi verse with our IF theories.

But we got the best striker available to us at market rate, can't complain too much about that.

About a 1% chance we would have gotten the likes of Osimhen last summer.

Lewa gives us 2/3 solid seasons & by then our finances will be in a better place & we move for a striker at his peak.

fergus90

The only department i feel Lewa has disappointed is his link up play, it's gradually faded as the seasons progressed. I watch Bayern a lot as Bundesliga is shown on Sky in England and he's looked much clumsier than he used to.

That could actually be age catching up with him though, which is more than plausible at his age.

serghei

Lewa was a good buy, when context is taken into consideration, we can all act as if this is the marvel multi verse with our IF theories.

But we got the best striker available to us at market rate, can't complain too much about that.

About a 1% chance we would have gotten the likes of Osimhen last summer.

Lewa gives us 2/3 solid seasons & by then our finances will be in a better place & we move for a striker at his peak.

Agreed, but the bolded part is highly questionable. I don't see any positive signs that we'll be able to compete with these EPL clubs and pay 100-120m for players anytime soon.

JamDav1982

Could have spent the Lewa money better for longer term.

Could have got near enough any striker on the market for his money.

At least the ones other top clubs would be looking at.

Looking at short term though as Barca board always do.

serghei

Osimhen, based on the abilities I see on the guy, and his amazing sniff of goal, is better than Nunez. Will probably go for 100-120m+ if I had to guess.

Horatio

You're welcome
The only department i feel Lewa has disappointed is his link up play, it's gradually faded as the seasons progressed. I watch Bayern a lot as Bundesliga is shown on Sky in England and he's looked much clumsier than he used to.

That could actually be age catching up with him though, which is more than plausible at his age.

Yes I pointed that out last game in chat. The way he receives the ball is very clumsy. Scrambles with the ball. Is taking more time making the shot.

JamDav1982

I think his link up play is decent but lack of a CF with pace to run in behind makes team one dimensional at times and teams can push up further.

Good player but think money could have been better spent for future.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It being a Clasico makes it a big game tonight and Real Madrid are in terrible form so we have a good chance tonight. If we cannot win even now then I don't know what it will take.

serghei

Financially doped Barca backed by a billionaire from the US/Europe would be something to behold.

That's where it's going. Billionaires flexing it with their football team in front of other billionaires and their own football teams. Fan owned models are being rendered obsolete by the huge jump in prices. No way in hell they can keep up.

serghei

Danger is he turns into Ronaldo by next season.

ajnotkeith

The Super Cup is not one of the main titles but nevertheless winning it against Madrid is an achievement and in all honesty, it is important for us because we have not won a title in over a year. Xavi expressed the same sentiment in his press conference.

Furthermore will be huge morale boost to win it against Madrid and could condition the rest of our season. Totally disagree with serghei that it doesn't matter.

JamDav1982

Real are not nearly as good a side as some try to make them out to be.

They are weak defensively and dont control games in way prime Kroos/Modric could.

Their biggest strength is their front players doing something from nothing but at same time Vini can do that or be an even more wasteful Dembele.

Vini never gives in though and always looking for ball time and again even if playing shite. Always a danger.

Home of Barca Fans