Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

serghei

ten Hag has done a decent job imo, but kinda like Xavi need to show more when the stakes are higher as both them and us have gotten embarrassed in those games.

Next season will obviously will be huge for both.

Xavi had a clearly better season.

jamrock

United making top4 and league cup + potentially FA cup in his first season in management is great for them. They haven't won a trophy in 6 years before now and nobody had them in top4 predictions at the start of this season yet some here are claiming it is a failure.

The bar is moving too quickly.
Damn near everyone worth lessening to had them finishing top 4.

You spend all that money to finish 5-6th?. Yea okay.

Trying to lower the bar now to make him look good isn't gonna work.

Most he can hope for is he wins the FA cup, which would be good.

JamDav1982

Fake news.

They were not being tipped for top four at all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi had a clearly better season.

I mean we're winning the league title so yeah, although getting eliminated in the group stages in the CL and then getting dunked in the EL once again doesn't inspire much confidence.

His future at Barca will be decided by taking a step in the right direction in Europe next year. If we get fucked in the group stages again he should pack his bags regardless of how we do in the league.

ten Hag and Man Utd need to get close to City and be in title contention next year or at least close to it.

serghei

About 8/10 for Xavi, and 6/10 for ETH. Differrence between good, and decent basically.

If Xavi got past CL groups and into the last 8 in CL at least, then his season would have been amazing.

jamrock

I assume you don't watch a lot of English football or maybe not before this season so you might not get it, but United haven't been a contender for quite a while now. They haven't won any trophy of any kind since that Europa League, until league cup this year.
So you need to align your standards with the situation the club was in. Not many people had them in top4 this season. The fact the bar has moved so high people are expecting a title challenge in the first season only speaking to the great work he has done.

Don't watch much English football lol, is that the best you have?.

Most pundits picked them to finish top 4 as I said already.

Barcelona didn't win anything for 3 years bar a Copa del Rey, spent half what ETH spent and you guys kill Xavi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
About 8/10 for Xavi, and 6/10 for ETH. Differrence beteen good, and decent basically.

I'd give Xavi a 6/10 too.

Getting clowned like that in Europe shouldn't warrant a higher score than that. La Liga is also probably in its worst state in years.

ajnotkeith

A lot of teams 'spend all that money' in the EPL. It is not LaLiga where only two teams spend money.
Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Liverpool, Tottenham, even Notts Forest all spend big amounts of money recently. Not all of them can get top4 mate.

It is also necessary to look at the players bought. Someone like Antony for 100m isn't providing much value to their team but he is a useful tool in the 'net spend' statistic so can make it look like their squad is better than it is, when half of that was blown on an average player.

The bar was never lowered and it isn't correct that most people had them top4, for sure, you would find nobody actually expecting more than that after their disaster last season.

Rory

United's spending is high but also cleared loads off the wage bill this season. Ronaldo, Pogba, Cavani, Mata etc.

jamrock

Who was picked to finish 4th?
Arsenal? Nope
Newcastle? Nope

Consensus was

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man UTD, With ETH and 300m spent.

serghei

I'd give Xavi a 6/10 too.

Getting clowned like that in Europe shouldn't warrant a higher score than that. La Liga is also probably in its worst state in years.

Yeah, sounds ridiculous to me to give a manager 6/10 after winning and dominating the league the European Champions play in.

I could maybe understand 7/10 in the most harsh evaluation.

JamDav1982

Don't watch much English football lol, is that the best you have?.

Most pundits picked them to finish top 4 as I said already.

Barcelona didn't win anything for 3 years bar a Copa del Rey, spent half what ETH spent and you guys kill Xavi.

Fake news.

Most pundits bar likes of Neviille were not tipping them for top four.

Home of Barca Fans