Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

jamrock

Man Utd were definitely not favoured to be top four prior to the season beginning.
I would do the link for link thing like we did with the gavi vs wintz debate because it's easy enough to find those, but I legit can't now, on the treadmill.

But I saw multiple articles, saw multiple individuals pick man u to finish 4th, it was between them & spurs, primary due to their coaches.

But you don't spend 300+m to finish 5th/6th.

JamDav1982

I would do the link for link thing like we did with the gavi vs wintz debate because it's easy enough to find those, but I legit can't now, on the treadmill.

But I saw multiple articles, saw multiple individuals pick man u to finish 4th, it was between them & spurs, primary due to their coaches.

But you don't spend 300+m to finish 5th/6th.

Fake news.

You were wrong as usual.

Jog on.

Man Utd didnt spen 300m and Arsenal and Spurs have not spent much less than them this season from a better starting position.

Chelsea also had better starting position and spent a lot more.

jamrock

It's funny hearing a few fans on here when making excuses for ETH say things like Xavi started off with a better team/situation than he did.

When we look at the XI he had before we spent in January it's truly LOL worthy, a bunch of B team players in the front line.

So just no, but with a few signings he finished 2nd.

Then when you look at our current XI, the main reason we are winning the the league is our GK and defense, of those 5 only 2 were here when Xavi took over and of those two

The entire forum was shitting on MATS and some of the biggest ETH fans wanted us to sell Aruajo because he wasn't good enough for a top team, for some dumb reasons.

So that leaves us with De jong, pedri and Dembele,

ETH definitely has at least that when he started & spent significantly more money.

But let's ignore that.

JamDav1982

Fake news again.

Anpother numpty focusing on the Mallorca line up as if that was squad left.

Same numpties that claimed 'Pique better than Araujo'.. 'Kessie better than any Barca midfielder'...'sell FDJ for 60m and Rabiot/Ruiz/De Paul can do the job'

Top stuff.

Same numpties that claim Xavi 'promoted Gavi' when he was a Spain international before arrived.

Same ones that clam Lamine is shite etc.

jamrock

Fake news again.

Anpother numpty focusing on the Mallorca line up as if that was squad left.

Same numpties that claimed 'Pique better than Araujo'.. 'Kessie better than any Barca midfielder'...'sell FDJ for 60m and Rabiot/Ruiz/De Paul can do the job'

Top stuff.

Same numpties that claim Xavi 'promoted Gavi' when he was a Spain international before arrived.

Same ones that clam Lamine is shite etc.

So basically you got nothing and gotta start spinning as usual 🤣🤣.

Just take your ETH L.

JamDav1982

Spinning?

All true.

Araujo? The man you wanted sold if wouldnt accept a decent contract and thought Pique was better on?

Keep going back to Araujo.

Go tell us again how shit Lamine is and try again to make out Xavi promoted Gavi etc.

Andresito

Staff member
City Football Group buys Brazilian side EC Bahia for £158m

ajnotkeith

It's funny hearing a few fans on here when making excuses for ETH say things like Xavi started off with a better team/situation than he did.

When we look at the XI he had before we spent in January it's truly LOL worthy, a bunch of B team players in the front line.

So just no, but with a few signings he finished 2nd.

Then when you look at our current XI, the main reason we are winning the the league is our GK and defense, of those 5 only 2 were here when Xavi took over and of those two

The entire forum was shitting on MATS and some of the biggest ETH fans wanted us to sell Aruajo because he wasn't good enough for a top team, for some dumb reasons.

So that leaves us with De jong, pedri and Dembele,

ETH definitely has at least that when he started & spent significantly more money.

But let's ignore that.

Not true that a team with B team players was inherited. What happened during Koeman's tenure last season and up to about January was a massive injury crisis, in which at one point dozens of players were out. Nowadays, 2 players being injured is enough for people to claim 'injury issues'.

When everyone was fit the starting point for the squad was still pretty decent itself with a few additions.

You also put De Jong Pedri and Dembele like they wouldn't instantly be Man Utd's best players. Those three would be absolutely permanent starters there and De Jong and Dembele cost a fuck ton of money, a point you always like to mention.

jamrock

Not true that a team with B team players was inherited. What happened during Koeman's tenure last season and up to about January was a massive injury crisis, in which at one point dozens of players were out. Nowadays, 2 players being injured is enough for people to claim 'injury issues'.

When everyone was fit the starting point for the squad was still pretty decent itself with a few additions.

You also put De Jong Pedri and Dembele like they wouldn't instantly be Man Utd's best players. Those three would be absolutely permanent starters there and De Jong and Dembele cost a fuck ton of money, a point you always like to mention.

Yep and we had to field those players because our squad wasn't very good, hence why we added to it in January.

I don't know one person here who would say Dembele was better than rashford at the time, so that's just wrong.

Same with de jong vs idk let's say Fernandez.

They maybe better now because you guessed it, xavi improved them and even then Dembele vs rashford is debating, look at his numbers and he's actually available.

So you're wrong on that point again.

When Xavi joined, The entire forum hated MATS, a good subset of fans wanted to sell Aruajo, not sure if you were one, but since you go around & agree with 99.99% of jammies post I wouldn't be surprised.

So that leaves us with 3 players, who the entire forum rated before xavi came in

Dembele
FDJ
Pedri

If you or anyone else is saying man utd didn't have at least that when ETH started, you're talking horse shit.

My general point was when both Xavi & ETH started, they had at the very least the same building blocks, while ETH spent more and has achieved less.

Yet we have the same set of posters here, shitting on Xavi and praising ETH for making the EL QF and finishing 4th in the EPL.

PS the money, we spent on Dembele and FDJ is irrelevant to the point, I mentioned what was spent since Xavi and ETH took over.

So again fail on that.

jamrock

Couple of players in Man utd team 2021/2022.

Varane
Pogba
Fernandez
Rashford
Sancho
Martial

This is what ma dude has to start with, could sell and trade and buy freely to make it is own 😂

Compared that to this and this is after the January signings 🤣🤣🤣😂

Xavi started off with a better team they say.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Well, Dembele was FA and could have signed for another club for months, and Manu didn't approach him. ETH wanted Antony and prefered him over Dembele
And Dembele who wasn't exactly considered a player of that caliber before Xavi, so it is something you have to give Xavi full credit for.

Tbqh, I think ETh is a good coach but he is overrated, just like many coaches who do well with smaller teams. Fans simply has soft spot for those.

ajnotkeith

Yep and we had to field those players because our squad wasn't very good, hence why we added to it in January.

I don't know one person here who would say Dembele was better than rashford at the time, so that's just wrong.

Same with de jong vs idk let's say Fernandez.

They maybe better now because you guessed it, xavi improved them and even then Dembele vs rashford is debating, look at his numbers and he's actually available.

So you're wrong on that point again.

When Xavi joined, The entire forum hated MATS, a good subset of fans wanted to sell Aruajo, not sure if you were one, but since you go around & agree with 99.99% of jammies post I wouldn't be surprised.

So that leaves us with 3 players, who the entire forum rated before xavi came in

Dembele
FDJ
Pedri

If you or anyone else is saying man utd didn't have at least that when ETH started, you're talking horse shit.

My general point was when both Xavi & ETH started, they had at the very least the same building blocks, while ETH spent more and has achieved less.

Yet we have the same set of posters here, shitting on Xavi and praising ETH for making the EL QF and finishing 4th in the EPL.

PS the money, we spent on Dembele and FDJ is irrelevant to the point, I mentioned what was spent since Xavi and ETH took over.

So again fail on that.
Ok I'll write it in a way that's simpler to understand.

You keep repeatedly stating that the amount of money spent dictates what objectives a team should be competing for, therefore you believe that money spent is the best indication of your squad quality and what it can achieve, and it is the best indication of how good your transfer market was. Is that correct?

Yet you flame De Jong and compare him to players such as Rabiot or De Paul whilst he cost 90m. So at the same time you acknowledge that price isn't the only representation of a player and it can sometimes be wrong. Is that correct?

This is the case with their summer transfers, in which 100m was spent on a winger who is bang average and not better than Raphinha.
The actual quality of the players signed and quality of the squad judged with your own eyes matters more than just quoting the amount of money spent (which by the way is not 300m).

Someone like Christensen who could be our best centre-back and may have been the best in LaLiga this season was a free transfer - he doesn't come up on your 'net spend comparison' metrics yet all the same was an amazing addition and transfer. Does he not factor into our transfer market? Was he not just as good of a signing as Lisandro despite one costing money?

ajnotkeith

Couple of players in Man utd team 2021/2022.

Varane
Pogba
Fernandez
Rashford
Sancho
Martial

This is what ma dude has to start with, could sell and trade and buy freely to make it is own 😂

Compared that to this and this is after the January signings 🤣🤣🤣😂

Xavi started off with a better team they say.
Pogba never played for Ten Hag.
He left on a free transfer before this season started.

Martial has been injured almost every single game so far this season. That's why they've had to play Weghorst.
You're bringing up guys who are not even at the club or permanently injured to say he had some amazing squad.

Varane, Bruno and Rashford are great players, but comparing them to Araujo, De Jong, Dembele, Pedri, Mats etc doesn't really strengthen the argument. If anything just emphasises that they have a worse squad and in a harder league.

Home of Barca Fans