Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

Yep same Fred that has FDJ looking lost without his daddy in the EL, lol.

Nah FDJ was better player in Old Trafford and MAn Utd fans were drooling over the lad.

Fred pressed FDJ well in first leg and didnt show much quality.

Pedri was even worse when on park as was Gavi.. Lewa was atrocious both legs.

L on FDJ was yours long ago.

FDJ cant be best player every game.. no one can... although not far off when it comes to games ve Real.. then lose to them in worst fashion in 15 years when he misses game after being best player on park v them in two previous wins.

Please keep thinking Rabiot, Ruiz can so same job. Never change. I insist.

ajnotkeith

Onto the next one. I will try and read your posts better next time.
Fact that Xavi started off with worst than this

Spent 200m and is winning the league.

While ETH started with.

https://weallfollowunited.com/manchester-united-squad-2021-22/

Spent more money and was expected to finish 5/6th

Is just more L's for the Barcelona Brain trust 😂😂😂
Other teams in the EPL spend a lot of money too. Again its not like LaLiga where only two teams spend any money.

If he was competing for top4 in LaLiga against Villarreal and Betis I would agree with you he is doing a terrible job but not that easy when your competitors spend big amounts too.

jamrock

Onto the next one. I will try and read your posts better next time.

Other teams in the EPL spend a lot of money too. Again its not like LaLiga where only two teams spend any money.

If he was competing for top4 in LaLiga against Villarreal and Betis I would agree with you he is doing a terrible job but not that easy when your competitors spend big amounts too.

I would never say he's doing a terrible job, like I've said multiple times, he's a talented manager.

I just highlight the fact that he's not some wizard who's miles ahead of Xavi, the way it was being portrayed here, everyone was quick to claim him as the next coming, but that's cooled a lot recently.

All things being equal, Xavi has done a better job than him, taking over in a much tougher spot than him, since theys have both been in that job, that's just objectively true.

But I never once in all my time here said he's a terrible manager.

JamDav1982

Xavi never took over in a tougher spot at all regardless of them being 9th when took over.

Different leagues, different challenges,, different squads and different expectations.

Moaning about ETH being brought up is rich when it is the Xavi lads that constantly do it any time Man Utd drop points.

The obsession on this one is one way and they cant even see it.

Xavi came in to a good base of players with some clear gaps in squad and given hundreds of millions to plug those gaps.

Barca at this point spent more in 2022 than Real did in last three seasons combined and that includes likes of Endrick this season.

Much bigger difference on spending in comparison to Utd v their rivals last summer for example.

So that argument works both ways.

Last edited:

serghei

Well, Dembele was FA and could have signed for another club for months, and Manu didn't approach him. ETH wanted Antony and prefered him over Dembele
And Dembele who wasn't exactly considered a player of that caliber before Xavi, so it is something you have to give Xavi full credit for.

Tbqh, I think ETh is a good coach but he is overrated, just like many coaches who do well with smaller teams. Fans simply has soft spot for those.
Spot on.

There are 2 manager that are clear upgrades on Xavi for me. Pep is by far the ideal manager for us, and then Klopp. Other than these 2, the problems Xavi faced at the team are for sure too much to handle for ETH, Tuchel and the rest.

Other than Pep or Klopp, Tuchel and maybe Nagelsmann are the ones I'd take a punt on. But only if Xavi flops next season big time. Tuchel and Nagelsmann did get sacked this season because of poor results in their leagues... just saying.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No chance has Xavi proven he can over come things those others cant.

ETH got better of Xavi in Europe and at least beat a couple of good sides then is in a league where teams above them and around them are spendig big also.

Now Xavi can handle thngs that ETH and Tuchel etc cant.....

Based on absolutely nothing.

Two very differnt jobs. One is one of two teams who regularly win the league and other in league where bets coaches in world are with teams that all spend including those that finished above them.

khaled_a_d

Spot on.

There are 2 manager that are clear upgrades on Xavi for me. Pep is by far the ideal manager for us, and then Klopp. Other than these 2, the problems Xavi faced at the team are for sure too much to handle for ETH, Tuchel and the rest.

Other than Pep or Klopp, Tuchel and maybe Nagelsmann are the ones I'd take a punt on. But only if Xavi flops next season big time. Tuchel and Nagelsmann did get sacked this season because of poor results in their leagues... just saying.

Depending on what you mean by upgrades? From Barca perspective? Considering the politics of the club, the answer is yes.
Xavi's name bring calmness and support among culers, at least good portion of them. This is a big factor in coaching nowadays.

Pep, Klopp and Lucho can bring that , along better CV and IMO, better coaching ability.

From a pure coaching skills though, doubt many would have Xavi breaking top 10 coaches.
And tbh, unless he achieve something good next year (which is possible) I doubt he will have many suitors in his career after Barca.

serghei

From a pure coaching skills though, doubt many would have Xavi breaking top 10 coaches.
And tbh, unless he achieve something good next year (which is possible) I doubt he will have many suitors in his career after Barca.

If anything, this season he has showed his pragmatism, and the fact that he can put up a top defensive unit. Plenty of teams can do with that.

Xavi is very similar to Lucho imo.
Something good? As in? Only winning CL or EPL counts as a bigger title. Sure, Xavi has a lot to prove compared to likes of Pep and Klopp, but not compared to likes of ETH anymore.

khaled_a_d

If anything, this season he has showed his pragmatism, and the fact that he can put up a top defensive unit. Plenty of teams can do with that.

I think Xavi is closer to EV than Lucho, but not an argument worth having lol

Yeah, his pragmatic approach well be valued elsewhere, but he won't come to any or team with same support he has here, unless he coaches Spain.

serghei

I think Xavi is closer to EV than Lucho, but not an argument worth having lol

Yeah, his pragmatic approach well be valued elsewhere, but he won't come to any or team with same support he has here, unless he coaches Spain.

Nah, EV had much superior team, can't be compared imo. EV team was top 3 in Europe.

JamDav1982

Has he?

Domestically a good record in a La Liga that does not have a wealth of attacking players and needed a ton of missed chances and MATS arguably being player of season for that.

Conceded 3 to Real in Bernabeu and worst home defeat to Real in 15 years also.

Then in Europe conceded 4 in 2 games to Inter, 5 in two games to Bayern, 4 in two games to United.. after last season conceded 5 in two games v Frankfurt etc.

No one is looking at Xavi and thinking there is man who knows how to sort a defence when have as many high profile defensively poor games as that despite the league record.

JamDav1982

Nah, EV had much superior team, can't be compared imo. EV team was top 3 in Europe.

Not really and you used to claim Messi and Suarez were making team worse for everyone else.

Barca defence is far better now as is the midfield.

Messi.. does level it up but to make out Barca had far better team under EV is not really accurate across the board.

ajnotkeith

Has he?

Domestically a good record in a La Liga that does not have a wealth of attacking players and needed a ton of missed chances and MATS arguably being player of season for that.

Conceded 3 to Real in Bernabeu and worst home defeat to Real in 15 years also.

Then in Europe conceded 4 in 2 games to Inter, 5 in two games to Bayern, 4 in two games to United.. after last season conceded 5 in two games v Frankfurt etc.

No one is looking at Xavi and thinking there is man who knows how to sort a defence when have as many high profile defensively poor games as that despite the league record.
But at the same time, 11 goals in 33 games is truly extraordinary. It could set a record that might never be broken.

Is that just incredible luck? Can it be so? It's so good.

I hope not, because then we are in for a rude awakening next season.

JamDav1982

But at the same time, 11 goals in 33 games is truly extraordinary. It could set a record that might never be broken.

Is that just incredible luck? Can it be so? It's so good.

I hope not, because then we are in for a rude awakening next season.

It is but it is also not tranlating v better teams and that is ultimately where top coaches will be judged on.

The defence has not been organised to the extent of that record at all.

Same at other end... missed a lot of chances so would be fair really to claim Xavi cant coach a team going forward when for a while was worst attack in 20 odd years.

Home of Barca Fans