Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

Well, Dembele was FA and could have signed for another club for months, and Manu didn't approach him. ETH wanted Antony and prefered him over Dembele
And Dembele who wasn't exactly considered a player of that caliber before Xavi, so it is something you have to give Xavi full credit for.

Tbqh, I think ETh is a good coach but he is overrated, just like many coaches who do well with smaller teams. Fans simply has soft spot for those.
True. His talent ID is bad. 100m on Antony was a big waste and he brought other guys like Malacia and Lisandro just based on his own knowledge of them.

If he had a sporting director to take the transfers out of his hands it might be better, because it's questionable if Antony even improved what is already there like Pellestri.

jamrock

Pogba never played for Ten Hag.
He left on a free transfer before this season started.

Martial has been injured almost every single game so far this season. That's why they've had to play Weghorst.
You're bringing up guys who are not even at the club or permanently injured to say he had some amazing squad.

Varane, Bruno and Rashford are great players, but comparing them to Araujo, De Jong, Dembele, Pedri, Mats etc doesn't really strengthen the argument. If anything just emphasises that they have a worse squad and in a harder league.

It's either you can't read or you fail to comprehend idk which.

Because If you look at those two squads at the point xavi took over & compare it to Man UTD team when ETH took over, which again was the original point and say with a straight face that you think, what xavi had when he got the job was worse than what ETH started with.

You're straight up a fuckin liar, and imma go ahead & ignore you.

Because idk wtf your talking re "Varane, Bruno and Rashford are great players, but comparing them to Araujo, De Jong, Dembele, Pedri, Mats etc"

That's not the freaking point that was being made ma guy, you gotta skip past the entire point to even try and make sense, which says it all.

Last edited:

jamrock

Ok I'll write it in a way that's simpler to understand.

You keep repeatedly stating that the amount of money spent dictates what objectives a team should be competing for, therefore you believe that money spent is the best indication of your squad quality and what it can achieve, and it is the best indication of how good your transfer market was. Is that correct?

Yet you flame De Jong and compare him to players such as Rabiot or De Paul whilst he cost 90m. So at the same time you acknowledge that price isn't the only representation of a player and it can sometimes be wrong. Is that correct?

This is the case with their summer transfers, in which 100m was spent on a winger who is bang average and not better than Raphinha.
The actual quality of the players signed and quality of the squad judged with your own eyes matters more than just quoting the amount of money spent (which by the way is not 300m).

Someone like Christensen who could be our best centre-back and may have been the best in LaLiga this season was a free transfer - he doesn't come up on your 'net spend comparison' metrics yet all the same was an amazing addition and transfer. Does he not factor into our transfer market? Was he not just as good of a signing as Lisandro despite one costing money?
Bro you said you study law, and this is just complete and utter crap no jokes.

Total shit

Because yet again you are missing the point.

The point is you don't spend all that money ETH spent, when starting with a better base that Xavi to finish 5th or 6th

Much in the same way, people constantly say xavi spent $200m euros, so to win the league and so well in Europe is the exceptions.

The quality of the players you got with that money is irreverent to the point being made

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? Or do you want me to go slower for you?.

Talking about if you spend X on a player doesn't mean they are that good, is irrelevant who gives a fuck, that's not the point being made..

If I could use that argument for every player Xavi signed that the forum doesn't like.

But again, that's NOT THE Original point!.

Fuck it's like talkng to a child.

ajnotkeith

It's either you can't read or you fail to comprehend idk which.

Because If you look at those two squads at the point xavi took over & compare it to Man UTD team when ETH took over, which again was the original point and say with a straight face that you think, what xavi had when he got the job was worse than what ETH started with.

You're straight up a fuckin liar, and imma go ahead & ignore you.

Because idk wtf your talking re "Varane, Bruno and Rashford are great players, but comparing them to Araujo, De Jong, Dembele, Pedri, Mats etc"

That's not the freaking point that was being made ma guy, you gotta skip past the entire point to even try and make sense, which says it all.
Here's your post that I quoted :

'Couple of players in Man utd team 2021/2022.

Varane
Pogba
Fernandez
Rashford
Sancho
Martial

This is what ma dude has to start with, could sell and trade and buy freely to make it is own
😂'

Compared that to this [Barcelona squad, including all the players I named] and this is after the January signings 🤣🤣🤣😂

The points I made in response to your list of United players Ten Hag has :

- Pogba did not play for United under Ten Hag and they did not make any money from his transfer. Therefore, is it understandable that his inclusion in that list lacks relevance at best, when making a point about the squad Ten Hag started with? He didn't play with him on the field nor make any money from him.

Then including a player in Martial who has been injured almost the entire time since Ten Hag has been manager makes no sense either, he hasn't been benefitting from him on the field.

I took Varane Bruno and Rashford because those are the 3 players I consider valuable in the list you posted, and compared that to some of the players which Xavi started with.

It was a pretty in depth response to your post.

jamrock

Here's your post that I quoted :

'Couple of players in Man utd team 2021/2022.

Varane
Pogba
Fernandez
Rashford
Sancho
Martial

This is what ma dude has to start with, could sell and trade and buy freely to make it is own
😂'

Compared that to this (Barcelona squad, including all the players I named) and this is after the January signings 🤣🤣🤣😂

The points I made in response to your list of United players Ten Hag has :

- Pogba did not play for United under Ten Hag and they did not make any money from his transfer. Therefore, is it understandable that his inclusion in that list lacks relevance at best, when making a point about the squad Ten Hag started with? He didn't play with him on the field nor make any money from him.

Then including a player in Martial who has been injured almost the entire time since Ten Hag has been manager makes no sense either, he hasn't been benefitting from him on the field.

I took Varane Bruno and Rashford because those are the 3 players I consider valuable in the list you posted, and compared that to some of the players which Xavi started with.

It was a pretty in depth response to your post.
It was a pretty shitty response.

I literally posted a link to both squads, Barcelona squad was after the January signings and asked the simple question.

At the time Xavi took over given that team, which wasn't even the actual team he started with and what ETH started with.

Which team had the better building blocks at the time, to which your answer was to ramble on about something totally irrelevant to the point.

Why? Because having looking at the squad ETH came into in the summer, compared to what xavi started with, their is no same person on this forum or planet earth that will say Barcelona had the better team in 2021 compared to man utd squad in 2022.

So again you're just talking around the point.

It's like trying to defend your client for rape when he's accused of murder.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Bro you said you study law, and this is just complete and utter crap no jokes.

Total shit

Because yet again you are missing the point.

The point is you don't spend all that money ETH spent, when starting with a better base that Xavi to finish 5th or 6th

Much in the same way, people constantly say xavi spent $200m euros, so to win the league and so well in Europe is the exceptions.

The quality of the players you got with that money is irreverent to the point being made

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? Or do you want me to go slower for you?.

Talking about if you spend X on a player doesn't mean they are that good, is irrelevant who gives a fuck, that's not the point being made..

If I could use that argument for every player Xavi signed that the forum doesn't like.

But again, that's NOT THE Original point!.

Fuck it's like talkng to a child.

I'm not really trying to get into a posting war or strawman what you're saying, so sorry if you think that, I think my point about money spent not equalling a great squad and pre determined objectives makes sense though.

Saying because they spent 250m means they must challenge for X is a narrow view without looking at the quality of the players signed with that money, and what is already there before that money was spent.

For example Nottingham Forest also spent 200m in their summer market but nobody expects them to get top4 because their pre existing squad is very poor. United's squad was of course better, but nowhere near the objectives of top4 or title challenging at the time, so you have to take that into account.

I don't agree that Xavi must win the league because he spent 200m. I think Xavi must win the league because the quality of players in the squad is sufficient to do so, something I don't think about Ten Hag and his United squad.

You can spend as much as you want but if it is spent on average players and your existing squad is bad it doesn't mean you are going to win anything.

jamrock

I'm not really trying to get into a posting war or strawman what you're saying, so sorry if you think that, I think my point about money spent not equalling a great squad and pre determined objectives makes sense though.

Saying because they spent 250m means they must challenge for X is a narrow view without looking at the quality of the players signed with that money, and what is already there before that money was spent.

For example Nottingham Forest also spent 200m in their summer market but nobody expects them to get top4 because their pre existing squad is very poor. United's squad was of course better, but nowhere near the objectives of top4 or title challenging at the time, so you have to take that into account.

I don't agree that Xavi must win the league because he spent 200m. I think Xavi must win the league because the quality of players in the squad is sufficient to do so, something I don't think about Ten Hag and his United squad.

You can spend as much as you want but if it is spent on average players and your existing squad is bad it doesn't mean you are going to win anything.

Okay

JamDav1982

Xavi started off with a better base of players no doubt.

Jamrock as usual has no idea and adding names like Pogba who was terrible and long on his way out before ETH arrived.

Keep repeating the lie that Man Uts 'spent 300m,' as well.

Varane, Bruno and Rashford good players woefully out of form and he gets credit for getting best out of them again as Xavi can with MATS and Dembele.

JamDav1982

True. His talent ID is bad. 100m on Antony was a big waste and he brought other guys like Malacia and Lisandro just based on his own knowledge of them.

If he had a sporting director to take the transfers out of his hands it might be better, because it's questionable if Antony even improved what is already there like Pellestri.

Antony is far better than Pellestri even if for now it looks as if they paid far too much for him.

Casimero they paid too much for also even if he has helped get to top four.

The biggest success of ETH season is taking on Roanldo and getting him out and also how he has transformed Rashford.

Would imagine this season they will sell off a lot of their players.

JamDav1982

Fake news.

Already proven wrong on todays Jamrock igorance of 'pundits claiming Utd would be top 4'.

Jamrock parroting JamDavs 'Brains Trust' comment. Love to see it.

Man Utd spent 234m and were double digits behind...

Spurs who spent 215m this season.
Arsenal who spent 190m odd.
Liverpool who were 20+ points ahead and spent 135m
Chelsea who were double digits ahead and spent 600m+ this season.
West Ham were couple points back and spent 190m this season.

For Man Utd to get a top four, win a cup and get to another final would be huge progress and with a squad that still massively lacks quality in comparison to Liverpool etc.

To make out 'they spent 300m' and were tipped by pundits to make top four is a lie as per usual.

Folk act like Lewa was just 50m when in fact is same cost on books as a 100m player on 10m a year.. adjust that to 80m for 14m a year.

Act as if Christensen and Kessie were free when they are getting 10m a year each and that together is equivilant of 50m player on 10m a seaosn etc.

In reality Barca spent money on the books for a lot more than 200m.

jamrock

Fake news.

Already proven wrong on todays Jamrock igorance of 'pundits claiming Utd would be top 4'.

Jamrock parroting JamDavs 'Brains Trust' comment. Love to see it.

Man Utd spent 234m and were double digits behind...

Spurs who spent 215m this season.
Arsenal who spent 190m odd.
Liverpool who were 20+ points ahead and spent 135m
Chelsea who were double digits ahead and spent 600m+ this season.
West Ham were couple points back and spent 190m this season.

For Man Utd to get a top four, win a cup and get to another final would be huge progress and with a squad that still massively lacks quality in comparison to Liverpool etc.

To make out 'they spent 300m' and were tipped by pundits to make top four is a lie as per usual.

Folk act like Lewa was just 50m when in fact is same cost on books as a 100m player on 10m a year.. adjust that to 80m for 14m a year.

Act as if Christensen and Kessie were free when they are getting 10m a year each and that together is equivilant of 50m player on 10m a seaosn etc.

In reality Barca spent money on the books for a lot more than 200m.

Just rambling 🤣🤣.

Dude says to act like Christensen was free, no act he literally was a FREE transfers.

The spin king.

"Brains trust" yeaaaa okay

JamDav1982

Imagine listing a Man Utd squad of midfielders that ETH came into of.. Fred, McTominay, Fernandez and Van e Beek... and comparing that to Busi, FDJ, Pedri, Gavi etc,

Posting both squad and trying to make out United better squad with those names?

Sensational.

JamDav1982

Just rambling 🤣🤣.

Dude says to act like Christensen was free, no act he literally was a FREE transfers.

The spin king.

Nah as usual you level of understanding is poor.

The cost of Christensen is 10m a year on books. That is what matters not that he had no transfer fee.

What is relevant is how much Barca added per season on the books whether free or not.

Christensen and Kessie together for example are same cost as a 50m player on 10m a week... that is relevant part.

Usual.

jamrock

Imagine listing a Man Utd squad of midfielders that ETH came into of.. Fred, McTominay, Fernandez and Van e Beek... and comparing that to Busi, FDJ, Pedri, Gavi etc,

Posting both squad and trying to make out United better squad with those names?

Sensational.

Yep same Fred that has FDJ looking lost without his daddy in the EL, lol.

Home of Barca Fans