Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

:lol:

Funny guy, I give you that.

No just fact.

Absolute nonsense to say anyone who thinks Barca fav has an agenda.. when they are bookies favs to progress.

Peak Serghie drivel.

Just shitting yourself and getting in excuses early if there is another early European exit under your dear Xavi.

fergus90

I would fancy United to beat Barca. In terms of talent, it's fairly even but they are just coached better.

This club are an absolute shambles in Europe now.

JamDav1982

I would fancy United to beat Barca. In terms of talent, it's fairly even but they are just coached better.

It will be close but as you said ETH and how much he has got the players at Man Utd improved gives them a real chance.

Rory

Haha why would Aruajo 'being injured for a while' be relevant when comparing the two teams?

FDJ is far better than Eriksen. Not even close.

Eriksen has been good for them but not on level of FDJ.

ETH would have FDJ over him every day of week.

It's relevant because he more than likely won't be at his best level for the games. At his best then he's as good as any centre back between the two teams. This isn't me downplaying our squad like you probably think it is.

ETH would have frenkie over Eriksen more than aware of that. But Eriksen has been a very good midfielder for nearly a decade, one of the top scoring/asssiting midfielders in the prem during stint at spurs. Then a relatively bad spell at inter, good spell at Brentford and yet again showing class at united. Frenkie may be better and have a much higher ceiling, doesn't mean he plays far better than Eriksen.

ajnotkeith

Just depends how much research they do/how much they care about the game.

If they study our EL and CL eliminations under Xavi and try and set up to hit us on the break I doubt we win. We have a much higher chance if they try and play an open game and press high up the pitch.

JamDav1982

Just depends how much research they do/how much they care about the game.

If they study our EL and CL eliminations under Xavi and try and set up to hit us on the break I doubt we win. We have a much higher chance if they try and play an open game and press high up the pitch.

You are verging on Serghie level with excuses before happens there...

If Man Utd are not up for it or play wrong tactics that is on ETH and the team and Xavi as beaten them on that side of it.

snowy

FDJ no doubt

Pedri's also > Bruno / Fred

he only lags in offensive output which is weird cuz he's got all the tools to be a top creator. WC long and short passing, work rate and vision

just plays wayyyyyy too safe atm

have him take more shots at goal and add some a bit of risk to his game and he's there at the very top!

Balde also could start at United

Horatio

You're welcome
Nah you are full of it and bookies dont base odds on 'agendas.

All just shiting yourself to get excuses ready if Barca face another early exit.

Raphinha was better in prem last season than Anthony has been this and gets picked for Brazil... while Dembele has been better than him this season by far.

Stop spouting garbage.

At CB... would most teams take Martinez ahead of Araujo even if has some way to go? I doubt it. Would most teams start Dalot at RB ahead of Kounde?

MATS been better than DDG this season also and both were poor last season.

Who is that?

JamDav1982

It's relevant because he more than likely won't be at his best level for the games. At his best then he's as good as any centre back between the two teams. This isn't me downplaying our squad like you probably think it is.

ETH would have frenkie over Eriksen more than aware of that. But Eriksen has been a very good midfielder for nearly a decade, one of the top scoring/asssiting midfielders in the prem during stint at spurs. Then a relatively bad spell at inter, good spell at Brentford and yet again showing class at united. Frenkie may be better and have a much higher ceiling, doesn't mean he plays far better than Eriksen.

No it is not at all relevan when games are five weeks away and Araujo will start tonight. There is no reason at all to ignore Araujo and he is a starter.

FDJ is better and ETH knows it. To make out Erkisen is better is deluded even if having decent season.

FDJ has been at far higher level than Erkisen in last 5 or so years.. Eriksen struggled at Inter and was at Brenford last season where he was good but nothing amazing.

Some horrendous calls there.

ajnotkeith

You are verging on Serghie level with excuses before happens there...

If Man Utd are not up for it or play wrong tactics that is on ETH and the team and Xavi as beaten them on that side of it.

Of course it will be Ten Hag's fault if he doesn't play the right tactics. Nevertheless, I think what I said is true.

If they opt for a more defensive tactic they have a very good chance of going through, whilst we could win rather easily if they press high and leave space behind for Dembele/Raphinha/Lewandowski.

By all indications though Ten Hag is pragmatic and has no problem sitting back if he thinks it can get a result...

Last edited:

Rory

No it is not at all relevan when games are five weeks away and Araujo will start tonight. There is no reason at all to ignore Araujo and he is a starter.

FDJ is better and ETH knows it. To make out Erkisen is better is deluded even if having decent season.

FDJ has been at far higher level than Erkisen in last 5 or so years.. Eriksen struggled at Inter and was at Brenford last season where he was good but nothing amazing.

Some horrendous calls there.

So you believe Araujo is the best centre back between all at both clubs? Just say that then. I would rate him in the middle of them all if fully fit and having had a good uninterrupted run of games. Can't promise that'll happen for him though. Frenkie is better and has a higher ceiling. Eriksen is a class act and is a very good midfielder and has been for united too. This season he is playing as better than or equal to Frenkie. Again doesn't mean he is a better player just that he is playing like one. Meanwhile Frenkie is underutilised by Xavi.

JamDav1982

So you believe Araujo is the best centre back between all at both clubs? Just say that then. I would rate him in the middle of them all if fully fit and having had a good uninterrupted run of games. Can't promise that'll happen for him though. Frenkie is better and has a higher ceiling. Eriksen is a class act and is a very good midfielder and has been for united too. This season he is playing as better than or equal to Frenkie. Again doesn't mean he is a better player just that he is playing like one. Meanwhile Frenkie is underutilised by Xavi.

Haha who said Araujo is 'best CB at either club'?

Stop making shit up.

FDJ has been better in recent years and is better now than Eriksen. Simple as that.

Has been better since got back into Barcas line up and was best player on pitch at weekend again as was game before.

ETH knows it.

Rory

Haha who said Araujo is 'best CB at either club'?

Stop making shit up.

FDJ has been better in recent years and is better now than Eriksen. Simple as that.

Has been better since got back into Barcas line up and was best player on pitch at weekend again as was game before.

ETH knows it.

No one said that. I suggested that Christensen and Kounde are ahead of Araujo in pecking order and are better centre backs (at the moment). You came in saying it's a load of rubbish and Araujo would start (implying he's better). Which would then suggest you're saying that so to further push the idea barca have better players at their disposal, i.e. that you think Araujo is better than what united have to offer. Where do you rate Araujo in terms of all centre back's in the clubs then?

Frenkie is better and has been great for us more recently. simply check Frenkie thread for my views on him. Hasn't been playing far better than Eriksen though. Disservice to Eriksen to say otherwise.

Home of Barca Fans