Quique Setien

Raketa10

But this is not the game to make this statement. We had possession and created chances and not only through Messi (one of the 1 vs 1 chances was Messi wasting it actually, not creating it, which is almost unheard of this season), big ones even which usually end up in multiple goals.

I see your point but Bilbao is 9th in Primera, it's not like we played against Real or ATM. I don't know, honestly I lost my hopes for this season after Demebele got injured once again and I am 99% sure we won't be able to create anything with this type of football against stronger opponents.

And please think about one more thing, with Suarez out Messi now works more than before, couple of times today he went deep in our own half to get the ball. This might be one of the reasons he is missing chances since he works more than under Valverde and that might cause hime to lose concentration in front of goal. My point is our midfield is still shit and Messi still has to do everything by himself so what's different in the end?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

but all the amigos on here told us that Suarez was some donkey that ruined our attacks and only started because of favoritism from Valverde. Now Setien's excuse is not having Suarez available like he was when EV was in charge

you couldn't make it up
:lol:

Suarez is done but he is not so poor that Barca are better with no no.9 as an option.

mc_lovin

but all the amigos on here told us that Suarez was some donkey that ruined our attacks and only started because of favoritism from Valverde. Now Setien's excuse is not having Suarez available like he was when EV was in charge

you couldn't make it up

You know, not all "amigos" are the same. Suarez has been fucking vital to us. If you always look for the worst on both camps you wont have a nuanced discussion. But heck, I have no idea why I even bother.

Devils

you couldn't make it up

Well Suarez was the best attacker we had before his injury. Scoring or assisting in every match.

No idea who said he was ruining our attack. He was literally our most efficient attacker before his surgery.

He may be past it but...having a 9 >>>>>>>>>> Not having a 9

It's that simple really.

serghei

Ev had depleted squad against Bilbao tbf
No Messi, no Suarez after 30 minutes, Busquets wasn't fully fit.

Well made point. Was also done by a wonder-strike similar to Inaki's. Stil rate tonight's game as considerably better than what we showed with Valverde even when he had the full squad.

Tackle

From the pro Valverde camp there are 2-3 users capable of giving you that more complex view. Neither of them is Tackle.

Aye. Love to see this sort of passive aggressiveness. :lol:

Keep posting about how we need to get a manager like Klopp and make smart buys on the transfer market like everybody and their mothers aren't aware of that.

"Let's get a top manager, rebuild and play attacking football."

That pretty much sums up most of your contributions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We played good, solid football today, despite the disappointing result. Considering the resources Setien has, I think he did OK. We are improving, albeit slowly.

Don't know what those who are complaining about him want.

malvolio

Aye. Love to see this sort of passive aggressiveness. :lol:

Keep posting about how we need to get a manager like Klopp and make smart buys on the transfer market like everybody and their mothers aren't aware of that.

"Let's get a top manager, rebuild and play attacking football."

That pretty much sums up most of your contributions.

How many years did Klopp get at Liverpool before winning something? He wouldn't even dream of something like that here :lol:
And I really like him as a manager.

serghei

We played good, solid football today, despite the disappointing result. Considering the resources Setien has, I think he did OK. We are improving, albeit slowly.

Don't know what those who are complaining about him want.

I call it the premature ejaculation of trolling.

JamDav1982

How many years did Klopp get at Liverpool before winning something? He wouldn't even dream of something like that here :lol:
And I really like him as a manager.

Complaining about time given to managers when make out Setien praising his team in a loss is 'losers mentality' after only a few weeks.

Klopp also praises his team in defeat often... must be a 'loser' as well.

Home of Barca Fans