Quique Setien

FinBarcelonafan

In 6 Setien's matches, this is already a 3rd time that we didn't score (Valencia 2:0, Bilbao 1:0, Granada 0:0 with 11 vs 11 men).
And again, we are yet to play very hard matches in the 2nd part of a season.

We had plenty of chances. Btw we played much better game than Valverde played vs Bilbao. Same result but better game.

BBZ8800

This season away games vs Athletic

With EV: We lost 1-0

Athletic had 11 shots, 5 on the target. Barca 11 shots 2 on the target

With QS: We lost 1-0

Athletic had 8 shots, 2 on the target. Barca 11 shots 5 on the target

So, basically, we played better with Setien with a depleted squad.

We played without Messi against Bilbao in August under EV.

Since Messi is like 80% of our team, in which universe Setien had a worse team today compared to EV?

We had plenty of chances. Btw we played much better game than Valverde played vs Bilbao. Same result but better game.

Again, we played without Messi under EV.

serghei

The trolls jumped the gun, proving they're not even good trolls. Instead of waiting for a crap game and a deserved loss to tear up Setien, they couldn't help themselves and decided to do it after a game we dominated from start to finished and should've won by a couple of goals margin.

serghei

I personally am proud of the team tonight. They ran, dominated the game against a serious team on a tough stadium. It wasn't to be. Players who usually score great goals tonight missed two easy chances and the opponent scored from a half-decent cross and a wonderstrike of a header.

If we improve a bit more I think we might surprise a few people away vs Napoli.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I personally am proud of the team tonight. They ran, dominated the game against a serious team on a tough stadium. It wasn't to be. Players who usually score great goals tonight missed two easy chances and the opponent scored from a half-decent cross and a wonderstrike of a header.

Quoted for truth!

malvolio

Should we change the forum name to arsenalforum? Losing is losing in the end. And there is no time for losers at this club.

JamDav1982

We played without Messi against Bilbao in August under EV.

Since Messi is like 80% of our team, in which universe Setien had a worse team today compared to EV?

Again, we played without Messi under EV.

What would it take for you to agree sacking EV for Setien was the correct decision?

Not that I expect you to stick to it but out of interest?

FinBarcelonafan

Another lost key away match though. At what point this is not just bad luck? We keep losing these year after year

Yes they gave good effort but mentally couldn't finish it AGAin

serghei

Should we change the forum name to arsenalforum? Losing is losing in the end. And there is no time for losers at this club.

If we demand playing well on top of winning, we must excuse losing while playing well in return. It goes both ways. In a game of football when you miss chances in these close games, you always expose yourself to a goal like that at the end.

Devils

Watching this moron BBZ scamper to save his reputation after 2.5 years of backing Valverde and failing miserably to get his big break is amusing to say the least.

Altomonte

Today was a tough match in a difficult stadium against a very aggressive team. We had two great chances but the Bilbao GK saved both shots (Griezmann and Messi). We tried hard and played ok. Maybe it was a good thing to be out of the CDR, we have won it so many times that we can afford to lose this year.
The really important games are coming now, in La Liga and CL.
There is still a good chance that Barça will have a decent season, despite the injuries and the distraction caused by our recent management change. Biggest worry now is our lack of depth - we cannot afford more injuries.

BBZ8800

Would have won nothing with EV so dont worry too much.

You weren't here for a few Months.

The story was:
1. ANYONE would be better than EV
2. our dear Barca will be back
3. EV didn't win Ligas, it was all about Messi. Anyone can win a league with Messi
4. our players are still the best in the world, it is just EV ruining them and not a single player improved under him

Then a new coach came:
1. Messi is worse than under EV. Frenkie is horrible, way worse than under EV, Arthur is worse than under EV. Griezz is quite lost.
2. what about: anyone would be better than EV?
3. plus, suddenly: trophies don't matter and a poor guy Setien can't fix this mess.
Yet, when EV lost Supercup to Atletico: it was: sack this cancer.

Double standards and a change in narrative from users here, isn't it?
Yet, they are first to jump to accuse some of us for changing of a narrative when it suits us.

Double standards: level 20 000, world class.

Raketa10

What's the matter with you? You usually make sense.

We had 2 near sitters with Messi and Griezmann having free shots at their keeper. That on average is two goals considering we're talking two world class players here. How can you say we could've played another 90 mins and we wouldn't have scored? This is an absolute stupid thing to say and it's a blatant lie.

Because I honestly can't see anything good in Setien's football right now. We have possession and that's it. Messi depedencia is at the same level as under Valverde but unfortunately now situation is even worse since Suarez is injured and he can't do everything by himself. Our midfield is still useless as fuck. Our defense is still shit. People see too much similarities between this type of football and the real tiki-taka but side and back passing for the sake of passing and ball possession with 2 or 3 shoots toward goal is bellow the level of this club. Sorry mate but I don't like what I am seeing. I know things would have been much easier with Suarez and Dembele here but reality is they are not and I can't see how the fuck shall we score in this way against better teams.

I soooo much wish I am wrong and I will be the first one to admit it since I have no problem with my ego but we don't look dangerous at all to me right now. Maybe that's because Messi and Griezmann can't score shit but I don't think our opponents have any problem defending against us at all.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans