Quique Setien

Batistuta9

tbf Allegri is perfect for this "team" as he is the kind of coach who can win us the league with couple of changes, he is a rich man EV.
But he isn't what the "club" need tbh, as we need more rebuilding and youth approach

Only problem is language barrier, I know you hate to bring this point but coaches nowadays have to know how to handle and win the players before being tactically sound. Communication is essential with players.

True. Allegri would get the best out of the aging players, I'm pretty sure he was the last manager to win serie A with Milan when they were in a similar position to us. I don't want us to go down that route though, we need a different approach and need to start thinking long term

vegitot

What do you want?????

Frankie shit in the Busquets position in the 4-3-3 system.

Ajax had a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 scheme.

We do not play this scheme.

You should not blame Setien, but the management of the club who bought a player who does not fit 3 - 4 - 3, 4 - 3 - 3.

And these are our main schemes.

Somehow FDJ played better under Valverde.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
tbf Allegri is perfect for this "team" as he is the kind of coach who can win us the league with couple of changes, he is a rich man EV.
But he isn't what the "club" need tbh, as we need more rebuilding and youth approach

Only problem is language barrier, I know you hate to bring this point but coaches nowadays have to know how to handle and win the players before being tactically sound. Communication is essential with players.

Fuck that, it just prolongs the inevitable rebuild and it's far from a guarantee he will win anything given this squad is dead, as simple as that. He's a negative manager who made so many of his players look completely useless. Just look at what he did to Dybala. The man would probably sell Pedri and Frenkie to sign some bum ass Italian player.

Fuck Mourinho and Fuck Allegri. No more negative managers.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I highly respect what Allegri has done with Juve and even Milan but he's a pure defensive manager that favors established Veterans over what we actually need and Mou is bascially washed up anyway.

This team is in badly need of rebuild, we don't need anymore managers who cater towards the already aging core. Sad part is we will probably have to wait awhile for this to happen.

soul24rage

It's just best for Setien to leave now and bring in someone like Pimienta till the rest of 2020/2021.

Expectations for this Barca team has been the lowest since probably 2014.

Andrew M

I remember Setien saying that Madrid would definitely drop points. Idiot. Clearly out of his depth.

Having said that, I don't see the sense in appointing another random nonentity, so might as well keep him on. But I think the players clearly don't like him so expect he'll be gone

Birdy

Rebuilt will NEVER happen under this board. Why is it so hard to see it? These clowns have spent close to 400m for Coutinho, Dembele, Griezman only. You need other proof to realize that they are a) incompetent in, and b) indifferent towards rebuilding?
So, until 2021, the best we can hope is:
1) someone who will break the Amigo culture. How likely is this to happen under this board? VERY unlikely.
The next best thing we can hope is:
2) someone to just manage an aging team and find a formation that can have a minimal chance of competing for the league, or at least get a Copa.
Even for that I am doubtful it will happen under this board.

But, hope only comes in 2021. The biggest chance that Barca has not to end up like AC Milan is the upcoming elections.
And it's pretty clear to me at least, that only one candidate can turn it around: Font.

Laporta represents the past. Maybe the 'good' past - contrary to Bertomeu,Rossel who represent the 'bad' past - but still the past. His methods and ideas are becoming all the more obsolette.
We are in 2020, we have seen what Liverpool have managed in the last 5 years by revolutionizing their management at every different level.
The only candidate that points to the future is Victor Font. I just listened to his interview here.
He just makes sense. Common sense. Hard to find these days..

Andrew M

Rebuilt will NEVER happen under this board. Why is it so hard to see it? These clowns have spent close to 400m for Coutinho, Dembele, Griezman only. You need other proof to realize that they are a) incompetent in, and b) indifferent towards rebuilding?
So, until 2021, the best we can hope is:
1) someone who will break the Amigo culture. How likely is this to happen under this board? VERY unlikely.
The next best thing we can hope is:
2) someone to just manage an aging team and find a formation that can have a minimal chance of competing for the league, or at least get a Copa.
Even for that I am doubtful it will happen under this board.

But, hope only comes in 2021. The biggest chance that Barca has not to end up like AC Milan is the upcoming elections.
And it's pretty clear to me at least, that only one candidate can turn it around: Font.

Laporta represents the past. Maybe the 'good' past - contrary to Bertomeu,Rossel who represent the 'bad' past - but still the past. His methods and ideas are becoming all the more obsolette.
We are in 2020, we have seen what Liverpool have managed in the last 5 years by revolutionizing their management at every different level.
The only candidate that points to the future is Victor Font. I just listened to his interview here.
He just makes sense. Common sense. Hard to find these days..

I wouldn't say i'm especially optimistic over our short to medium term future, but I find the comparisons to AC Milan excessively alarmist. I think in the worst case scenario it would be like Man U

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I wouldn't say i'm especially optimistic over our short to medium term future, but I find the comparisons to AC Milan excessively alarmist. I think in the worst case scenario it would be like Man U

This.

The pull of big players and the ability to spend are still there , It's just that Barca are spending it on the wrong players like United.

khaled_a_d

This.

The pull of big players and the ability to spend are still there , It's just that Barca are spending it on the wrong players like United.

Yup, said it before. Milan actually made retooling from old generation and won Calcio and competed for another year under Allegri, then suddenly sold best 2 players and stopped spending anything on the team.

Birdy

On the pitch maybe, but business-wise Man UTD can still generate revenue that allows them to buy players without having to sell to 'balance the books' every 30th of June to save their asses.
Which, in turn, impacts what is going on on the pitch

But, in any case, I would not take Man UTD either as a desirable future..

HanDW

Realistically speaking, is there any positive thing left to hold on to for the next season ?.

In 2014 at least we had a younger core + the best young prospect in the world. What do we have now?. A squad full old dudes with big contracts that we can't sell and barely any money to try to make the necessary changes.

Barcilliant

Fuck that, it just prolongs the inevitable rebuild and it's far from a guarantee he will win anything given this squad is dead, as simple as that. He's a negative manager who made so many of his players look completely useless. Just look at what he did to Dybala. The man would probably sell Pedri and Frenkie to sign some bum ass Italian player.

Fuck Mourinho and Fuck Allegri. No more negative managers.

How many new players can we get in at the same time?

Whether you like it or not we are stuck with Pique, Alba, Busquets and Suarez for the next season.
Rakitic and Vidal will probably be moved on.
Where are the players to replace the amigos?
Even if Xavi comes as manager in 2021 there will be Messi and Pique at the very least.
I don't want Allegri as a long term solution just a stop gap replacement.

Barcilliant

Nothing alarmist about the comparison. Very apt indeed. Aging legends all leave and the replacements are nowhere near as good. No plan, no money and we will be in the football wilderness for some time to come.
How we see ourselves is as a club that wins la liga on a regular basis and competes for CL every year. We are far below that atm.

khaled_a_d

On the pitch maybe, but business-wise Man UTD can still generate revenue that allows them to buy players without having to sell to 'balance the books' every 30th of June to save their asses.

We generated more money than Manu many years before, we are still wealthy club.
The 30th of June thing is due to rules unique to few Spanish club (us,RM,Bilbao & Osasona) which will make board accountable for loses done in consecutive years.

OTOH Manchester is privately owned
We spent more money than them for years, and likely next board will spend more than any Spanish club not named RM.

But, in any case, I would not take Man UTD either as a desirable future..

It is worst case, but it isn't most likely either.
Manu had other wealthy clubs competing with them, In Spain non other than RM can do so here. It is different times than Gaspart era.

Very good chance that we will be like Bayern and in couple of years will have decent rebuild, at least on domestic level.

Home of Barca Fans