Quique Setien

Porque

There is no chance in rebuilding anything until elections. Even if this board stay in power, they are not going to make long term signings this summer. They are going to sign one or two big attacking names to try and have one successful season to keep the electoral vote.

No smart signings to grow in the 11, no replacements of the aging generation, no risk of upsetting the boat and having the seniors sandbag the team like Messi last night before his friends come on.

That is the reality.

LMTR14

well I'm done watching this trash team til a clean break has been made. and that includes the lame duck garbage coach. in a way he's even worse than fucking valverde!

Raketa10

WTF is wrong wih this clown? He said that he need Ansu, Araujo and Fati for the last La Liga match. Is this irrelevant game more important than Barca B playoffs??? WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT!

El Gato

Villarato!
This forum have such a strange obsession with the likes of Allegri and Mourinho sometimes, two managers who will struggle to get hired by top teams. If you want Barca to reach a point of no return for more than half a decade you can hire them.

I do wonder what it is that Barto and co think that makes Ten Hag an unattractive option TBH. They worried Amigos won't like him? Lol.

I mean, Bayern have gone all in with Flick for the time being. United job is off the table. Spurs job probably as well to give Mourinho an entire season. Not too certain if PSG would take him. Borussia seat uncertain so he might go there, but who knows. For all intents and purposes, Ten Hag is there for the taking.

Andrew M

Nothing alarmist about the comparison. Very apt indeed. Aging legends all leave and the replacements are nowhere near as good. No plan, no money and we will be in the football wilderness for some time to come.
How we see ourselves is as a club that wins la liga on a regular basis and competes for CL every year. We are far below that atm.

You need to understand that Milan is a very different club. They depended on Berlusconi for 20 years. We don't depend on any rich individual.

On the pitch maybe, but business-wise Man UTD can still generate revenue that allows them to buy players without having to sell to 'balance the books' every 30th of June to save their asses.
Which, in turn, impacts what is going on on the pitch

But, in any case, I would not take Man UTD either as a desirable future..

Our revenues are way better than United's right now. Get a grip.

Messigician

Florentino P?rez (Real Madrid president): "Bartomeu is a great friend of mine. We're more united than separate. We have spoken many times recently, and not about VAR." [via movistar]

It's not even a secret anymore folks

ILCAML

Fuck that, it just prolongs the inevitable rebuild and it's far from a guarantee he will win anything given this squad is dead, as simple as that. He's a negative manager who made so many of his players look completely useless. Just look at what he did to Dybala. The man would probably sell Pedri and Frenkie to sign some bum ass Italian player.

Fuck Mourinho and Fuck Allegri. No more negative managers.
Mourinho and Allegri are worlds apart in any aspect of coaching. Allegri is not negative at all, his Juve played some pretty good stuff when he had actual midfielders. What did you expect him to do with Matuidi and Khedira as his midfielders? You can put CR, Messi and Maradona up front when there's no one to get them the ball.

He's not Pep but he's also not Mourinho or Simeone. His main strength is adapting to whatever he has and great man management. He's smart and flexible to find the best solution tactically for this team, but also has the reputation and accolades to demand respect in the locker room. Yes he likes to drop back sometimes, but it's not to park the bus like Mou or Simeone. He soaks up the pressure and hits on the counter. If I'd have to make a comparison I'd say him and Zidane are very, very similar coaches.

Allegri at Juventus: 1.93 goals per game
Mourinho at United: 1.74
Pochettino at Spurs: 1.90
SAF at United: 1.94 (Was he a defensive manager?)
Klopp at Liverpool/Dortmund: 2.13/1.99

What did he do to Dybala? Dybala acted like a spoiled brat, protesting substitutions, no effort at all, very lethargic. Bad season last year is as much on him and his behavior as it is on Allegri and failing to find a tactical solution for him and CR together. Sarri did it this year, but the team as a whole is worse.

Anyway, who was Dybala's coach for the first 3 years when he played great? Who gave Pogba the best season of his career? Who promoted Bentancur? Who got the best out of Morata? Allegri. At Milan he promoted De Sciglio and El Shaarawy, great talents at the time. He developed enough youngsters over the years. If they're good enough they'll play.

5zro96q.jpg

De Jong might actually play his position and be what he was at Ajax.

We need to stop with this idea that the next Pep is right around the corner. You can tell from Messi's words yesterday he's fed up. We need a top coach who will do the maximum possible with Messi's final years.

DJn8jt4VoAAPjex

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I remember Lucho's last season. He was getting slaughtered here on the forum. Reality was these players were finished back then and Lucho knew it.

BBZ8800

Barcelona has scored 49 goals in 19 league matched under EV this season.
We played a few matches without Messi.

And 33 goals in 18 matches under Setien.

Only 6 Months ago people used to say that a team will fly under a new coach.

And: "we can't possibly play worse than under EV."

You guys are so romantic and naive.

Tackle

Say what you what about Valverde and things were certainly spiralling downwards in his last few months at the club, but with him at the helm there was always a sense of control, stability and calm at the club. Even if you believe this aura was false, that is what it appeared like to most other fans looking in.

With Setien the lid has come off and the circus is on full display. Don't compare the two, they are not on the same level.

MTL_Barca

Say what you what about Valverde and things were certainly spiralling downwards in his last few months at the club, but with him at the helm there was always a sense of control, stability and calm at the club. Even if you believe this aura was false, that is what it appeared like to most other fans looking in.

With Setien the lid has come off and the circus is on full display. Don't compare the two, they are not on the same level.

Tbh i'd rather see the disaster unfold then. We wouldn't have won anything either way, team was already dead with Valverde still here. Maybe this at least gives a tiny tiny tiny chance that things will start to change. Just kidding, not with Barto and his goons of course but it should show the election candidates and all fans that major changes are needed instead of adjustments because it's simply too late for that.

The very last exit for a sort of smooth transition was summer 2019 in my opinion. Club seemingly had money and maybe still could've sold some players if they really tried for it but instead they kept Valverde, signed another 120M misfit in Griezmann and even tried to sign Neymar back on top of it. And the icing on the cake was wasting another 20M on fucking Braithwaite in a poor attempt to fix their shitty squad planning.

I actually think things didn't look THAT bad back then but they continued to do almost everything wrong and at this point basically half the squad is past it while the other half isn't ready for an important role. Honestly everyone besides MAtS, Lenglet, Frenkie, Puig, Fati and Messi could leave tomorrow and i couldn't care less :lol:

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
We need to stop with this idea that the next Pep is right around the corner. You can tell from Messi's words yesterday he's fed up. We need a top coach who will do the maximum possible with Messi's final years.

The orphaned children syndrome is gonna be so strong post-Messi with this kind of thinking lmao

Home of Barca Fans