Quique Setien

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Dont think it would have mattered whoever was the coach. Whether it was Mr. "It is what is" or This cow herder. They both were bound to drop points While Zidane's Real Madrid went on a winstreak of 10 games in a row and will most likely close out the La liga with 89 points.

BBZ8800

Setien is fine, this league loss is due to Madrids performance not really Barcas. Valverdes record in the league when he was sacked: 12-4-3. Setien since then in the league: 12-3-3.

Madrids record in the first 19 games: 11-7-1 and Madrids record since then: 15-1-2.

Again, when you lose El Classico, that is a 6-point match to some extent.
Instead of getting a +3 point lead, you go to -3 points behind them.

Plus, you are giving them a huge motivational boost for the upcoming weeks.

Maybe EV killed their morale with constant El Classico wins?

Vilarrubi

Again, when you lose El Classico, that is a 6-point match to some extent.
Instead of getting a +3 point lead, you go to -3 points behind them.

Plus, you are giving them a huge motivational boost for the upcoming weeks.

Maybe EV killed their morale with constant El Classico wins?

Huh? Clasico this season with Valverde was 0-0. Terrible display at Camp Nou.

Tackle

I have no idea why is that on Valverde.

Messi is 33 and he will ran like 3 km per match soon.
Regardless who is a coach.
Arthur was dying after 6 minutes of running.
Suarez is done.
Busi was never an athlete.
Rakitic is 32 and played too many matches. His body can't handle it anymore.

Yes, I know, EV didn't rely too much on a physical training.

But: 90% of Barca coaches also sucked in that area.
And today we have the oldest team in a history.

Setien tried to make them run, they were dead tired and angry after 2 matches.
Not because of EV, lol, but because of nature.
They can't run.
The only thing you can do with them is playing Eernieball.

[youtube]ztZI0Klm7V4[/youtube]

Remember, EV also tried all sorts of different things when he first arrived.

But he realized very quickly that this group of players could not handle high intensity football and some players were bigger than the manager and could not be controlled by him.

After that he moved to a pragmatic system to maximize what he could out of this dead squad and did very well do win back-to-back Ligas.

In the Matchday documentary at HT at Anfield he was able to identify all the same problems this forum did. He was not a dumb coach, he just accepted the reality of the situation years before us fans did.

Setien wouldn't bottle a 2nd leg because he would lose the first leg as well.

BBZ8800

Dont think it would have mattered whoever was the coach. Whether it was Mr. "It is what is" or This cow herder. They both were bound to drop points While Zidane's Real Madrid went on a winstreak of 10 games in a row and will most likely close out the La liga with 89 points.

In this season, maybe EV would suck too in the end.

But everyone wanted a change and here we are now.
We are way worse than 6 or 12 months ago.

Not only that, whoever will be a coach next season, we won't have a summer break.
Granny Messi and granny amigos will be dead tired by the 10th league round.
Real will win La Liga again.
We will have internal battles between fans, players, a coach and the board.

Then fans will start to make pressure on Barto.
Then we will have a dirty electional year.

If Barto or his men will win, we will sink even more.
If someone new will come, as always there is like 20% chance that a new guy will be the real deal and 80% that he is clueless or a clown.

If Barto's men will win, they will buy wrong players.
If Font will win, who knows what kind of weird coaches and directors he will hire (Xavi, lol).

All in all, I don't see any short-term hope.
I seriously believe that we will come close to Gaspart's era in the next 2-3 years.

No direction, no ideas, tons of sacked coaches and horrible panic buys.

We have two decent young players in a semi-misfit Frenkie and a Gk Mats.

Puig is meh for me.
Ansu is insanely overhyped by desperate fans.

There is really not too much to look forward to.
With or without EVs&Setiens.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
BBZ8800 said:
In this season, maybe EV would suck too in the end.

But everyone wanted a change and here we are now.
We are way worse than 6 or 12 months ago.

The change should have happened earlier and Setien clearly wasn't the solution. He just a midtable manager that watched a few highlight video's of Pep's Barca and thought he could replicate that (He got the possession aspect of it on lock :coffee:).

BBZ8800 said:
Not only that, whoever will be a coach next season, we won't have a summer break.
Granny Messi and granny amigos will be dead tired by the 10th league round.
Real will win La Liga again.
We will have internal battles between fans, players, a coach and the board.

They will have a month of rest after they get slapped by Napoli or Bayern.

BBZ8800 said:
If someone new will come, as always there is like 20% chance that a new guy will be the real deal and 80% that he is clueless or a clown.

If Barto's men will win, they will buy wrong players.
If Font will win, who knows what kind of weird coaches and directors he will hire (Xavi, lol).

I actually agree with you on this. Everyone can talk how they want to rebuild Barca and go back to the good times. Quique " I promise good football" Setien is a good example of that.

BBZ8800 said:
All in all, I don't see any short-term hope.
I seriously believe that we will come close to Gaspart's era in the next 2-3 years.

No direction, no ideas, tons of sacked coaches and horrible panic buys.

We have two decent young players in a semi-misfit Frenkie and a Gk Mats.

Puig is meh for me.
Ansu is insanely overhyped by desperate fans.

I dont see any short-term hope either. I'll be honest after the 18/19 season, I thought we were couple of signings away of still being a CL contender + new manager. But some players attitude outside the pitch and Barto + Abidal GOAT team planning really ruined the team.

Dont have alot of hope for Puig either unless he starts bulking. As for Ansu , I think he is solid for now but time is massively in his favour though.

Barcilliant

😃 😃
People complaining that Allegri doesn't play attacking football. Yes, he doesn't play brainless football he plays BALANCED football.
How the hell are we going to play "attacking" football with this bunch of players?! People here think that the right coach comes here and we are going to magically play good football. It's been said before Pep and Klopp couldn't make this team play better.
We need a pragmatic manager because we need results. The conditions football, economic and administrattive wise are not good.
Lmao at playing attacking football with these grandpas.

Andrew M

�� ��
People complaining that Allegri doesn't play attacking football. Yes, he doesn't play brainless football he plays BALANCED football.
How the hell are we going to play "attacking" football with this bunch of players?! People here think that the right coach comes here and we are going to magically play good football. It's been said before Pep and Klopp couldn't make this team play better.
We need a pragmatic manager because we need results. The conditions football, economic and administrattive wise are not good.
Lmao at playing attacking football with these grandpas.

This could also read as advocacy for Valverde, though.

Andrew M

People want Allegri to come to squeeze out one more league title which with this group I'm not sure is very likely. A year older and slower.

That's what EV had been doing, though, and people hated him. They are cut from the same cloth

Barcilliant

This could also read as advocacy for Valverde, though.

Shitverde didn't have the mentality or personality of a big manager. I agreed with some of his tactical tweeks like the switch to the 442 but the defense was still weak, fitness was bad and he was a door mat for the amigos.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It looks like Setien might go. Would Garcia Pimienta really make that much of a difference especially in cl?!

We have no chance with any manager in the CL. Might as well let Setien finish. Even if they get past Napoli they'd probably have to play Bayern and then most likely Man City just to get to the final.

Not happening.

Gonna be interesting to see that Frenkie, Rakitic, Roberto MF vs. Napoli given Vidal and Busquets are suspended.

Home of Barca Fans