Quique Setien

Vilarrubi

There might be a dozen coaches who are better tactically than Xavi, but none of them will command the respect Xavi will receive from the squad. None of them will be the winner Xavi was as a player.

If he comes along with the plan of making major changes, which it is reported he is, and a good sporting director instead of the retarded clown in charge right now, then it can work really well.

My thoughts exactly. If it fails it fails. It’s worth a try, because the alternative is probably another mid table manager or someone who played a few games in the 80s for us so has some Barca “DNA”

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My thoughts exactly. If it fails it fails. It’s worth a try, because the alternative is probably another mid table manager or someone who played a few games in the 80s for us so has some Barca “DNA”

I hate the Barca DNA shtick, but if you're gonna get someone like that then it should be club legends and most importantly someone who won big and performed in big games such as players like Xavi, Lucho, Koeman and not the likes of Ernie.

If you're gonna get an outsider I'd rather roll the dice on the likes of Nagelsmann, ten Hag, possibly Marco Rose in the future than mid-table La Liga managers just because they know the language.

Speaking Spanish is important, but players coming through the academies in Spain are learning English at school now and a manager can always work on it while he's working. Bielsa just led Leeds to the Premier League with a translator ffs.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Also, Messi needs to start accepting lesser wages as he is declining, as him hogging up 100 M in non-conducive to us signing quality young players.

CR7 is guilty of the same at Juventus with his 70 M salary when he offers nothing beyond a penalty box presence these days at 35+ years of age.

No wonder these clubs are marred by old, deadwood legs. If you look at their forums, they're moaning about a shit midfield all the time and how CR7 has no support.

Last edited:

Tackle

The short term manager will be Pimienta so Messi and Suarez could manage him. I don't see us signing anyone serious with these guys around. I hope Setien and Sarabia will spill the beans after they are gone.

I don't know. I have a weird feeling we are going to shithouse our way to the CL in this shortened campaign. Feel strongly about this. Setien won't leave after that.

DonAK

I don't know. I have a weird feeling we are going to shithouse our way to the CL in this shortened campaign. Feel strongly about this. Setien won't leave after that.

He'll leave with a new board anyway when he can hopefully start rebuilding. I cannot see Barca getting past the teams they have to face, not with that defence.

KingLeo10

I would accept 2 more years of mediocrity with these seniors if they manage a CL win, even while shithousing.

Unfortunately, there is 0 chance.

Vilarrubi

I hate the Barca DNA shtick, but if you're gonna get someone like that then it should be club legends and most importantly someone who won big and performed in big games such as players like Xavi, Lucho, Koeman and not the likes of Ernie.

Yeah agree. The thing is too, CL has been won by Pep, Lucho and Zidane in the last 10 years or so and none of them had great managerial experience, even Di Matteo :lol: so getting a big name or experienced manager like Poch or Allegri definitely doesn’t guarantee success.

KingLeo10

Yeah agree. The thing is too, CL has been won by Pep, Lucho and Zidane in the last 10 years or so and none of them had great managerial experience, even Di Matteo :lol: so getting a big name or experienced manager like Poch or Allegri definitely doesn’t guarantee success.

But all of Pep, Lucho, ZZ were either legends or captains at historical clubs.

Born leaders.

DonAK

Xavi was arguably the last leader this team had too. Apart from Lucho. I love Messi, but he's never exactly displayed great leadership. It doesn't make him a lesser player, not every great player was a leader.

Tackle

I would accept 2 more years of mediocrity with these seniors if they manage a CL win, even while shithousing.

Unfortunately, there is 0 chance.

This is the best chance we will have for the next 5 seasons. This side is finished in intense two legged knockout ties.

No away matches for us this time around and the quality of football should be at the lowest it's been in CL for ages. The teams competing are either exhausted or not match fit. Groggy, neutral venue matches in empty stadiums during humid summer weather.

We will still struggle in every match, even against Napoli, but these conditions favour us more than it does other clubs. Drag everyone else to our level, lull them to sleep, win 4 matches 1-0 and we're lifting the trophy in 2 weeks time.

I think we'll do it to be honest.

Vilarrubi

This is the best chance we will have for the next 5 seasons. This side is finished in intense two legged knockout ties.

No away matches for us this time around and the quality of football should be at the lowest it's been in CL for ages. The teams competing are either exhausted or not match fit. Groggy, neutral venue matches in empty stadiums during humid summer weather.

We will still struggle in every match, even against Napoli, but these conditions favour us more than it does other clubs. Drag everyone else to our level, lull them to sleep, win 4 matches 1-0 and we're lifting the trophy in 2 weeks time.

I think we'll do it to be honest.

:lol: :lol: lull them to sleep. Why did that pic of Valverde with his eyes closed on the bench spring to mind. Wish I had your optimism. Vamos!

messi2140

6racies Xavi
If Barca was in the other bracket , then there would have been a decent chance that Barca would shithouse their way to a CL. I just don't see it happening in this bracket though. There is literally no midfield when the opponent has a counter-attack , 2/3 midfielders are joggers.

:lol: :lol: lull them to sleep. Why did that pic of Valverde with his eyes closed on the bench spring to mind. Wish I had your optimism. Vamos!

KE63kUM.jpg

Home of Barca Fans