Quique Setien

xXKonan

EdPnfYQWoAEOPIN

:bartomeu:

Tackle

This season was fucked since Liverpool 0-4 loss last season. It was that big of a disaster. Should have sacked Valverde last season and appointed a better manager in the summer.

That 2nd leg at Anfield was not some disastrous tactical performance from Valverde. It was our mentally damaged squad gifting stupid goals. Something they had made a habit of in the CL long before Valverde's arrival.

ayjGt4I.png

No Allegri or Ten Hag was going to solve this problem. PSG have been through half a dozen coaches, but they keep falling in the CL the same way every year. Some problems are bigger than managers.

This season was fucked when we decided to sack a manager the players really liked mid-season, while we were sitting atop of La Liga and still in both major cup competitions. The arrogance. :lol:

Senior lot only wanted a coaching change at that point in the season only if it meant Xavi was coming in. Instead we bring in some amateur cow herder, the players' heads drop and the rest is history.

It is what it is.

serghei

This season was fucked when we decided to sack a manager the players really liked mid-season, while we were sitting atop of La Liga and still in both major cup competitions. The arrogance. :lol:

Dude, we were getting outplayed by likes of Levante and Granada. Worst half a season in more than a decade. But I agree, he should have been sacked after Liverpool - ideal case, or after this season. Sacking him mid-season was useless.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It doesn't matter who our manager next season is if there's no changes to the squad. At best we might win the Copa.

Best case scenario: Bartomeu and this board fucks off this autumn so it gives the next mandate some time to plan for the 2021 summer.

KingLeo10

I like Kluivert.

Way more than Pimienta.
He was not a pushover as a player.

He would get pushed over by the Amigos, no doubt.

I can't believe I'm getting as pessimistic/realistic as you but there's literally 1% hope of any titles with this squad.

serghei

He would get pushed over by the Amigos, no doubt.

I can't believe I'm getting as pessimistic/realistic as you but there's literally 1% hope of any titles with this squad.

Let's see how Madrid show up next season first. Would be just like them to drop from 90 points this season to 70 next season. This season their veterans beat ours. Next season, it's not out of the question that the reverse could happen.

Tackle

Dude, we were getting outplayed by likes of Levante and Granada. Worst half a season in more than a decade. But I agree, he should have been sacked after Liverpool - ideal case, or after this season. Sacking him mid-season was useless.

Sign a new manager after last season and then what?

Would this board have given him any say in the transfers or the sporting project?

Would this group of players have run any more?

Bench an amigo and would the locker room have stuck with him through it?

Would he have got Leo to play a defined role instead of meandering about the pitch as he pleases?

They are doomed from from the start.

Considering all that, I believe Valverde did a good job overall.

No guarantee of the next board being any good.

Also, Busi 2023 and Alba 2024. :lol:

PhilS

Wow, RM is so much better than Barca since the restart, I certainly expect Barca to finish behind them next season. I don't expect Barca to finish in La Liga top 4 next season. It's rebuilding time, becoming a top team again is not likely during the next few seasons.

Horatio

You're welcome
Kluivert as manager? Are we trying to copy Real putting in charge club legend with limited experience? Didnt they invent a job at PSG to employ him and got fired anyways?

soul24rage

Wow, RM is so much better than Barca since the restart, I certainly expect Barca to finish behind them next season. I don't expect Barca to finish in La Liga top 4 next season. It's rebuilding time, becoming a top team again is not likely during the next few seasons.

c'mon mate..

Birdy

Kluivert :lol:

If one reads the next line it becomes even better:
"Bar?a's dressing room value ​​the Dutchman as a good solution for the managerial role [md]"
So, it's actually Messi and Amigos who want Kluivert.
What could the reason be for that? :thinking:
Maybe they think he is the right guy to make them work more? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
The Amigos have identified their new Ernie

Real wasn't really that good at all.
There was a good chance that he would improve in 2nd half just as RM.
No, there was not.
Logic of development under EV says so.
The best he delivered was the first months and from then on it was downhill all the more, gradually, step by step: Spring '18 was worse than Fall '17, Fall '18 worse than Spring '18, Spring '19' worse than Fall '18, and so on and so forth.

This Valverde revisionism that is being cultivated atm is kind of sickening.
I defended EV at the begging of his tenure, but it had been clear as daylight that the issue was not only the bad football, it was results also (getting worse with every passing month), and humiliations which were hard to swallow...

Setien improved the team substantially, underlying numbers prove that. Unfortunately that is not enough.
Now the fact that the Amigos do not want to play for him, but were happy with EV letting them do whatever they want and not train, is a different question.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Jordi Cruyff who was the manager of Ecuador used his Barca-related exit clause. If he doesn't join Barca in some capacity within 30 days he'll have to pay them €900k.

He's btw heavily reported as Xavi's preferred choice as Sporting Director so will be interesting to see if he's already joining in that role now, or perhaps as a one year manager until Xavi arrives next year and then switch to SD?

Or maybe not at all, but seem like an unecessary move to terminate his contract and pay that much for nothing :shrug:

https://twitter.com/CarlosVerareal/status/1284663818824683521

Needless to say that the Ecuadorians are mad right lol now since he was hired just before the COVID crisis and didn't even lead a training session.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans