Quique Setien

xXKonan

Well Kluivert accomplished a lot during his time as a player and played over 257 games and amassed a total of 120+ goals during his time at Barcelona so I assume he would at least a lot more respect from the heavy weights in the Locker room.

But his coaching resume is so lackluster in comparison to the others that I have no idea how well he would fair.

Porque

I remember when Luis Van Gaal returned to Camp Nou that the Catalan press made a big thing when he tried to teach Kluivert how to shoot. Turns out Kluivert isn't the only player that Van Gaal saved the goalscoring career of. Wayne Rooney too.

We need to sign Van Gaal back (with Kluivert as assistant) to teach Messi how to shoot, and to make Barcelona great again! :cheers:

Messigician

Some perspective, many fans are calling out Pep for spending so much and yet playing slpw dreadful boring football that looks like it can be beaten by any team.

Sound familiar?

Barcilliant

I am so sick of these entitled assholes.
There are hundreds of millions of people poor, starving, hungry and unemployed in this world and these dickheads can't even be assed to treat Setien with a little respect.
How is this club supposed to progress if the players only think an ex great can coach them.
How about Naglesman, Ten Hag, Allegri? All three are competent. Problem is with the players. They want a cuck who gives them complete freedom. Fuck these amigos. Sick of them. Even if we get past Napoli I expect Bayern to manita us. I hope they do because I'm sick of these dicks.

khaled_a_d

Kluivert as manager? Are we trying to copy Real putting in charge club legend with limited experience? Didnt they invent a job at PSG to employ him and got fired anyways?

Kluivert is already in a position within the club as one of the directors of La Masia, he has played a role in many purchases and I think he is highly appreciated in the club.

He had a successful job as coach with Curacao, was LVG assistant in 2014 WC. Was in contention for coaching job for some African top NT too.

If there is an old/experienced assistant with him, I might get the idea behind it.

This season was fucked since Liverpool 0-4 loss last season. It was that big of a disaster. Should have sacked Valverde last season and appointed a better manager in the summer.

That is true. And I think many agree with that.
But you don't correct a mistake with another one.
Setien is at least a level below EV as a coach, we decided to fire EV because those who -rightfully- wanted him gone last summer could not wait to get rid of him and impose their decision on the club. They didn't have a plan in hand when they made the decision, choose a weird timing too (after an undeserving loss in meaningless competition while being top of league)

fergus90

Some perspective, many fans are calling out Pep for spending so much and yet playing slpw dreadful boring football that looks like it can be beaten by any team.

Sound familiar?

Most City fans still love him, the loyal ones anyway who remember when the club was in league one with Shaun Goater and Paul Dickov up front not so long ago. It's the entitled who've been on the bandwagon since Sheikh Mansour.

Last edited:

Messigician

Pretty telling when no one cared criticized Valverde except the people on here.

While Setien is criticized by everyone and their mother.

Hristo Stoichkov (Bar?a great): "What went wrong at Bar?a? The mentality of a coach who is mediocre and his assistant." [tudn via md] https://t.co/olwEbz5qJQ

Riordon

I like Xavi ideas about getting control over the whole sporting department. It is difficult since we are a political club. With that being said Xavi should try to make up a team of as many different kinds as possible IMO like Liverpool.

I dont want to see Xavi here until everybody he played with is gone and that might take another 2-3 years. There are a couple great young coaches who I prefer over Xavi: Nagelsmann, Ten Haag and Marco Rose.

The coach must have a say in transfers but not the only one. Koop always set up a team of 3-4 guys whom together decides who should be signed.

Valverde didnt get who we wanted at all and Lucho probably had too much to say after the treble which lead to guys like Aleix Vidal and Arda. 3-4 competent guys from different background should decide. Could be the coach, a statistician, and a scout.

malvolio

I am so sick of these entitled assholes.
There are hundreds of millions of people poor, starving, hungry and unemployed in this world and these dickheads can't even be assed to treat Setien with a little respect.
How is this club supposed to progress if the players only think an ex great can coach them.
How about Naglesman, Ten Hag, Allegri? All three are competent. Problem is with the players. They want a cuck who gives them complete freedom. Fuck these amigos. Sick of them. Even if we get past Napoli I expect Bayern to manita us. I hope they do because I'm sick of these dicks.

Then stop watching football altogether mate. 99% of footballers are overpaid idiots. I would even say nearly all sportsman are overpaid. Getting payed millions to kick/hit/throw/catch a ball?

Home of Barca Fans