Radamel Falcao

Meitux

Still better than Alexis. Suarez football trickery and skills is on another level compared to Sanchez.
i dont disagree but i would like to see suarez to score many goals in the leauge and generally again, in 2009/2010 season he scored 35 in the leauge and 49 in all competitions hes not even close to that in liverpool

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Atletico wouldn't sell him to another la liga club anyway.

And rightly so, Ed.

After all, why would they? Digging a hole for themselves isn't necessarily what they're planning to do, especially with the likes of Falcao. Unless, of course, Falcao will show desire to join another La Liga club out of his own initiative, which will put Atletico in a tough spot. But... be it as it may, I still am incredibly suspicious of Atletico selling him any time soon.

Last edited:
M

Messi+Eto

i dont disagree but i would like to see suarez to score many goals in the leauge and generally again, in 2009/2010 season he scored 35 in the leauge and 49 in all competitions hes not even close to that in liverpool

Remember, the quality of midfielders at his disposal play a vital role too. English style football (long balls and wing play) seems to favour much taller/bigger strikers. He however is more suited for "ball on the ground" football.

M

Messi+Eto

And rightly so, Ed.

After all, why would they? Digging a hole for themselves isn't necessarily what they're planning to do, especially with the likes of Falcao. Unless, of course, Falcao will show desire to join another La Liga club out of his own initiative, which will put Atletico in a tough spot. But... be it as it may, I still am incredibly suspicious of Atletico selling him any time soon.

FCB or RM comes calling with a bigger pay. . . . . Who in the world would turn that down?

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
FCB or RM comes calling with a bigger pay. . . . . Who in the world would turn that down?

That's one big assumption right there.

What makes you think either RM or us would want Falcao in the first place?

Besides, his buy-out clause is around 60mill.

M

Messi+Eto

That's one big assumption right there.

What makes you think either RM or us would want Falcao in the first place?

Besides, his buy-out clause is around 60mill.

FCB? Maybe not.
Real Madrid? Definitely want!
His buy out clause? An agreement can be reach. . . .

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
FCB? Maybe not.
Real Madrid? Definitely want!
His buy out clause? An agreement can be reach. . . .

To question your statement further:

WHY would Real want Falcao and where would he fit in RM's plans with their frontline consisting of Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria and Higuain? Second, WHY would Atletico sell to their fiercest rivals? There are certain things in La Liga that have barely happened due to extreme antagonism between Real and Barça and Real and Atleti. These certain things are valued higher than any monetary compensation can provide you with.

I simply do not see Atleti selling their most valuable asset to Real. But let's for the sake of argument say they would sell Falcao to Madrid for, say, 50mill. Who would they buy in the current market to replace their leading striker? Who has similar attributes to Falcao's and is relatively young so as to provide Atleti with a long-term solution that could maintain their competitiveness?

E

estranged

Atleti could be convinced to sell if Real offer a ridiculous sum for him, plus he may have bigger ambitions and would probably want to compete at a serious club, so I do see him moving on in the future given his age (still pretty young) but hopefully not RM. I can see him fit in RM though, I mean whose to say Higuain is a more complete footballer than him? Benz maybe, but Falcaos a better finisher than Benz. Don't be fooled by his crazy goal scoring ability, he drops back and helps the team a lot, definitely more than a #9.

M

Messi+Eto

To question your statement further:

WHY would Real want Falcao and where would he fit in RM's plans with their frontline consisting of Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria and Higuain? Second, WHY would Atletico sell to their fiercest rivals? There are certain things in La Liga that have barely happened due to extreme antagonism between Real and Barça and Real and Atleti. These certain things are valued higher than any monetary compensation can provide you with.

I simply do not see Atleti selling their most valuable asset to Real. But let's for the sake of argument say they would sell Falcao to Madrid for, say, 50mill. Who would they buy in the current market to replace their leading striker? Who has similar attributes to Falcao's and is relatively young so as to provide Atleti with a long-term solution that could maintain their competitiveness?

Lets answer your questions the best way possible:

Figo to Madrid from Barca, happen or not?

Michael Laudrup from Barca to Madrid, happen or not?

Luis Enrique Martínez García Real Madrid to Barcelona yes or no?

Falcao better than Higuain and Benzema yes or no?

With all mentioned above its clear to see that:

1,Money make things happen.

2,There are no permanent enemies or friends, only permanent interests.

M

Messi+Eto

Atleti could be convinced to sell if Real offer a ridiculous sum for him, plus he may have bigger ambitions and would probably want to compete at a serious club, so I do see him moving on in the future given his age (still pretty young) but hopefully not RM. I can see him fit in RM though, I mean whose to say Higuain is a more complete footballer than him? Benz maybe, but Falcaos a better finisher than Benz. Don't be fooled by his crazy goal scoring ability, he drops back and helps the team a lot, definitely more than a #9.

+999. Could have been 1000 if you didn't have Alexis as your avatar.

Maria

So, I heard a rumor that as soon as a player starts to perform incredibly well for his club, our 'fans' are queuing en masse to sign him.

Spoiled much?

I heard the same rumor and I wanted to see if it's true..

SO Atletico paid €40 million for Falcao. The Russian wanna pay €60-€68 million to get him. Should Atletico sell him and make the quick profit? or should they keep him and wait? I think his value is far more than €60-€68. Hope he never makes it to RM.

Atletico wouldn't sell him to another la liga club anyway.

Don't you know? Every player in the world wants to play for RM and Barca and they would play for peanuts just to see their dream come true.

Atleti could be convinced to sell if Real offer a ridiculous sum for him, plus he may have bigger ambitions and would probably want to compete at a serious club, so I do see him moving on in the future given his age (still pretty young) but hopefully not RM.

I think Chelsea and Juventus are the best fit for him, but only one of them can afford him. So I expect to see him in blue very soon.

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

I think Chelsea and Juventus are the best fit for him, but only one of them can afford him. So I expect to see him in blue very soon.

i don't think his style suits only to counter attacking football. his movements are incredible up front for creating space and his heading ability is basicly second to none. i would say he is a complete striker and could play everywhere basicly. (exept barca :p)

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Lets answer your questions the best way possible:

Figo to Madrid from Barca, happen or not?

Michael Laudrup from Barca to Madrid, happen or not?

Luis Enrique Martínez García Real Madrid to Barcelona yes or no?

Falcao better than Higuain and Benzema yes or no?

With all mentioned above its clear to see that:

1,Money make things happen.

2,There are no permanent enemies or friends, only permanent interests.

Did you read half of what I actually wrote in the question previously addressed to you?

I admitted that there have been instances where players have transferred from one team to another, BUT those instances have been RARE. All this was quite evident from the two blocks of text above. The fact that it has happened, does not mean it would necessarily happen any time soon. I once again reiterate that I don't see Atleti selling their most prized asset to their direct competitors, no matter what the money tabled.

Besides, you assume that if RM would bid for Falcao, no other team would - which is frankly put pure fiction. I can definitely see a bidding war for Falcao with teams such as Chelsea, Juventus, City and say, Anzhi, taking as much part in it as RM. I highly doubt Atleti would choose RM's offer out of the all possible suitors for his services.

And as much as Falcao is better than Benz or Higgy, I have to concur with Maria here that he is far more suited for the likes of Chelsea or Juve than RM.

Oh, and what comes to your statement on permanent interests - well, Atleti has an interest of not selling their best player to their rivals simply for the sake of suffering a massive disadvantage in terms of competitiveness both in the League and European competitions. I would say that a negative blow to ones competitiveness is exactly what can be seen as damaging ones interests.

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

laudrup definately didn't move ro real madrid because of money. he just wanted a new challenge after winning everything at barca. still doesn't change the fact its wrong though.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans