Radamel Falcao

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Yes, let's change Barca's entire system and tradition in order to fit a player we don't need and can't afford. While we're #1 in the league. Seems like a reasonable idea.

Our problem is not attacking, it's defending. Leave the Falcao idea alone already...

:worthy:

M

Malappapper

71 goals. No one else has scored so many goals this season. Neither last season : 190.
But if we have a good defense maybe we wouln´t suffer stupid goals against chelsea: 4 shots 3 goals....

Have we scored 71 goals this season?

The problem is how much can we score against the really top sides. That is my main worry.

Stric

Have we scored 71 goals this season?

The problem is how much can we score against the really top sides. That is my main worry.

We scored 6 goals in 3 games against RM this season. The problem is not that we didn't score more goals, it's that we conceded 6, as well.

Stric

If you can't keep your own net safe, more or better attacking won't help. If you can, then an attack like Barca's current one will be more than good enough.

M

Malappapper

We scored 6 goals in 3 games against RM this season. The problem is not that we didn't score more goals, it's that we conceded 6, as well.

I agree that in the 2 games against Madrid (2nd leg supercopa and Liga game) our defense was crap. But we also wasted good chances.

*One of those goals conceded was an epic brainfart from the likes of Victor.

But against Chelsea last season, I don' t think that it matters so much that we conceded one at the Bridge. The problem was that we could not convert any of our many chances, and we couldn't create any space whatsoever for Messi. Had we scored 2 in that game, then Drogba's fluky goal would have counted for shit.

Stric

Everyone wastes good chances. Not everyone concedes cheap goals. At least not as often as we do. And we hardly have a problem with wasting chances, as we have scored 50 goals this season, more than any other Liga club. Our number of conceded goals is alarming, though. As for the Chelsea games, with a number of wasted chances, several shots on the crossbar and posts, we still scored 2 goals in the second game. That's a fair amount of goals scored for a CL semi-final. Had our defense not conceded one incredibly cheap goal right after we scored, it would have been a whole different story.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

And also the kind of goals. Basic defensive errors. :(
Puyol is not fit for most games so a solid defender along Pique is needed. We had Abidal but we all know how he is , sadly.

Stric

That's my point exactly.

Compare our, Atletico's and Madrid's games against Deportivo this season.

Barca 5:4 Deportivo
Atletico 6:0 Deportivo
Madrid 5:1 Deportivo

It's pretty self-explanatory.

M

Malappapper

That's my point exactly.

Compare our, Atletico's and Madrid's games against Deportivo this season.

Barca 5:4 Deportivo
Atletico 6:0 Deportivo
Madrid 5:1 Deportivo

It's pretty self-explanatory.

Compare the rest of our games to to the rest of their games, and you will find a different picture. That Deportivo game was a one-off.

Take our far more important game against Chelsea though. We conceded one, and we scored zilch. A 3-2 for Chelsea would have been way, way better.

And also the kind of goals. Basic defensive errors. :(
Puyol is not fit for most games so a solid defender along Pique is needed. We had Abidal but we all know how he is , sadly.

No doubt we need a world-class defender, but I think that even then, we will still concede some stupid goals, due to the style of our play. The only thing that I'm saying is that we need a world-class forward as much as we need a world-class defender. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Stric

What different picture? Are you saying that we usually don't concede terrible goals? And RM do? Check the table.

1. Barcelona 15 14 1 0 50-17 +33 43
2. At. Madrid 15 12 1 2 35-13 +22 37
3. Real Madrid 15 10 2 3 37-12 +25 32

Once again, we have no problems in our attack. Sure, it'd be nice to have another world class forward, but if Messi can't bury a chance, nobody can. We have the greatest goalscorer in the history of football scoring ridiculous amounts of goals every season, yet there's still people who think we have problems scoring goals. Incredible. Sure, if Messi was out injured, we'd be in trouble. But solving our current defensive problems is way ahead on the priority list than solving a non-existent potential situation.

Last edited:
M

Malappapper

What different picture? Are you saying that we usually don't concede terrible goals? And RM do? Check the table.

1. Barcelona 15 14 1 0 50-17 +33 43
2. At. Madrid 15 12 1 2 35-13 +22 37
3. Real Madrid 15 10 2 3 37-12 +25 32

Once again, we have no problems in our attack. Sure, it'd be nice to have another world class forward, but if Messi can't bury a chance, nobody can.

Well, discounting for that fluky Depor game, we are exactly the same in terms of defense.

Stric

Well, discounting for that fluky Depor game, we are exactly the same in terms of defense.

Yet we are #1, leading with 14 wins, FIFTY GOALS, out of which 27 were not scored by Messi. Our non-Messi goalcount is just 8-10 goals short of AM's and RM's entire goalcount. How does that support your argument?

Comparing to AM and RM, with 4-5 more goals conceded, we have 2-4 more wins. That's an indicator of how well our attack is doing despite our shaky defense.

Last edited:
M

Malappapper

Yet we are #1, leading with FIFTY GOALS, with 29 not scored by Messi. How does that support your argument?

OK, I see your point.

Well, I have no doubts that we can score against Levante (especially when they had played in Hollands a couple of days before) and Celta and Getafe. My main worry, is when we face Juve, Madrid, Munich or United. Hell, those games against Celtic were a nightmare. Maybe our players did not take them very seriously, but who knows?

And it's 26 goals not scored by Messi. Messi has 23 up to now in the league, and one own goal against Granada that was created by a solo effort by Messi.

Home of Barca Fans