Rafael Márquez

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I think it all depends on the role he's willing to take. If he's perfectly fine being a bench utility player then why not, because his salary basically pays for itself in the Mexican market.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I think it all depends on the role he's willing to take. If he's perfectly fine being a bench utility player then why not, because his salary basically pays for itself in the Mexican market.

in principle I agree, but the problem is he needs to play to pick up his rhythm and be imperious. as you know, he's fairly useless coming off any sort of extended period without a game.

this defeats his role as a squad player.

but like I've said before, it wouldn't be the worst thing to keep him around because you can't coach someone to switch off and make fucktarded errors. and if you take that out of rafa's game he's pretty much the perfect CB apart from his lack of pace and height (but again, nothing that can be coached).

so his presence as an experienced international and professional would be great for the younger CB's we have, like fontás and muniesa, to learn from.

if we're serious about signing cesc he'll need to change his number, though! :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well that's why I like him as a squad player even if he doesn't play, if he wasn't injury prone and add-prone he'd be one of the greatest defenders in club history, and if any of his good can be taught to our younger defenders it's worth keeping him around for.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Well, during the break ... hence, before his entrance on the pitch.

I don't get Pep on the other hand. Chygrynskiy was clearly fatigued after the sixtieth minute since he started losing concentration and Marquez gets thrown in.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
facepalm.jpg

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
came on, zara broke soon after 2 on 2, instead of staying with his man he came over to the dude who was ahead of xavi, leaving his man wide open for the pass and easy finish.

not his biggest fuckup, but he should have stayed closer to his man, leaving the guy with the ball to be dealt with by xavi and valdés. if he had to come he should have done it better so as not to leave the goalscorer wide open.

but he's a fucking idiot, so I'm not surprised.

Home of Barca Fans