Rafinha Alcantara

khaled_a_d

Dont think hes a proven player. Playing at Celta and Barcelona are completly different things.
He can become good, but expectations shouldnt be to high.

At Barca level?sure very few players are and many of our signings wasn't proven at level like Barca .but at senior level in general?he is

Kerrybai

B8yoBuhCYAAAIIi.jpg:large

The guy was everywhere.

DinhoR10

No way man. Thiago was man of the match or top 3 in hand full of matches. Rafinha played a great game 8 out of 10 but by no means perfect like some of Thiago.

Thiago would NEVER be man of the match this season, NEVER, not with the way Messi is playing he's scoring at the 2012 rate but is assisting at a never before seen rate as well, he's shooting with his right as if it was his left and defending in the box like a rb.

And in the eyes of most Rafinha was arguably top 3 in this last match.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Thiago would NEVER be man of the match this season, NEVER, not with the way Messi is playing he's scoring at the 2012 rate but is assisting at a never before seen rate as well, he's shooting with his right as if it was his left and defending in the box like a rb

BS speculation is BS.

DinhoR10

BS speculation is BS.

When was the last time Thiago scored 9 goals and gave 5 assists in 8 appearances in a calendar year? There is simply no measure in which thiago or rafinha or anyone else except for Ronaldo can compare to Messi so expecting Rafinha to win MoM over Messi with his crazy stats is asinine and a strawman argument that holds absolutely no weight.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Typical of many to minimize the talent that Thiago was here at Barcelona - blame this shit board for his departure, plain & simple

Anyone notice the exchange between Messi & Rafinha just after Neymar slotted in the tying goal right before the half?...Cameras cut away but Leo turned to Rafinha and was pretty demonstratively motioning to Rafinha, wasn't sure if he was pushing him to be more aggressive like he was or whether he was telling him he should've layed it off for him instead of shooting...I could see they kept talking as they walked off at the half

Thought it was a great team goal either way that required Rafinha's well timed run, touch & shot

mssarm

Typical of many to minimize the talent that Thiago was here at Barcelona - blame this shit board for his departure, plain & simple

Anyone notice the exchange between Messi & Rafinha just after Neymar slotted in the tying goal right before the half?...Cameras cut away but Leo turned to Rafinha and was pretty demonstratively motioning to Rafinha, wasn't sure if he was pushing him to be more aggressive like he was or whether he was telling him he should've layed it off for him instead of shooting...I could see they kept talking as they walked off at the half

Thought it was a great team goal either way that required Rafinha's well timed run, touch & shot

I don't minimize the talent Thiago has, but his departure is his decision, plain and simple. Either you are committed to your club or you are looking for excuses to get out. He already wanted out when Barca bought Fabregas, it was Pep who somehow convinced him to stay, but it was obvious back then that he was thinking about the move. After move he made a nasty statement that he owes nothing to Barca, which is pretty much insult to the people who worked with him, trained him to become a good player. I mean I can understand if he had problems with Rosell for example , but why make a dismissive comments about the club in general. I don't want to compare Rafinha to Thiago simply because we don't have player named Thiago. Just remember couple of months ago when MU wanted to lure Pique, who is much more accomplished player and was warming the bench at the time for weeks. His answer was- I'm not interested in offers, I will stay at the club.

Kerrybai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EV6EHikttQ&feature=player_embedded

You mean at 2:45? I thought he was just celebrating with him... thats how it looks to me anyway.

JamDav1982

Thiago would NEVER be man of the match this season, NEVER, not with the way Messi is playing he's scoring at the 2012 rate but is assisting at a never before seen rate as well, he's shooting with his right as if it was his left and defending in the box like a rb.

And in the eyes of most Rafinha was arguably top 3 in this last match.

Rafinha wasnt even MOTM.

If anyone really thought he was better than Messi in that game then they dont have a clue.

Home of Barca Fans