Rafinha Alcantara

dakt

Yeah...maybe its too early to say, but he should start in every match from now on...see how it goes. Team just gets more creativity.
Should pump his confidence as much as possible.

DinhoR10

I wish we could win the Man city game by 5-0 or something like that so maybe he could start the second leg. But idk if he's there yet.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I wish we could win the Man city game by 5-0 or something like that so maybe he could start the second leg. But idk if he's there yet.

5-0? We are good but not that good. I hope the players feel different and give their all to win the tie. Complacency is our only enemy right now.

DinhoR10

5-0? We are good but not that good. I hope the players feel different and give their all to win the tie. Complacency is our only enemy right now.

Considering we beat Atletico 3 times in a row and Man city havent won in like a month 5-0 isnt impossible. And were at home.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Complacency is not the Barca way. We play the best football we can and hopefully kick some ass. City right now should be really worried and we should be well prepared for a though game - still think though we will destroy them. Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Raki, Masch, Pique and even Alves and Busi are all finding their top form. We need Iniesta to find his form, Xavi his speed and the new tactics and Alba a little cool and we're on our way to something really beautiful right now.

doublehh03

Considering we beat Atletico 3 times in a row and Man city havent won in like a month 5-0 isnt impossible. And were at home.

We're better than Man City. But you don't go in matches thinking it's an easy win. Nothing ever is. Man City is a quality team. They will be at home. Barca just needs to continue to attack and play tighter defensively then we will win. But it will be a very tough game. Any away game is.

PhilS

Rafa looks like the future. He is best suited for the new, go-go Barca style of play. Push the ball to the trident, hit them on the fly, when they are unstoppable.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
We're better than Man City. But you don't go in matches thinking it's an easy win. Nothing ever is. Man City is a quality team. They will be at home. Barca just needs to continue to attack and play tighter defensively then we will win. But it will be a very tough game. Any away game is.
I agree that we need to.stay away from cockiness. The winning streak and form.is a wondeful thing, but we should not forget to respect the opponent.

doublehh03

I think the only players than LE have chosen to be automatic in his starting 11 are: Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Pique, Alves, Busquets, and Alba. Rakitic and Iniesta will play in the big games.

LE is keen on Rafinha so I'm sure he'll get more playing time as the season progresses. We have some easier opponents coming up in Liga so hopefully he'll play more. But our focus now goes to the CL.

Zangash

Banned
Man City are playing abysmal football right now while we're playing our best. Iniesta is in very poor form and Rafinha is red-hot right now.

I'd start him in the first leg against City. I absolutely would. Would be a solid next step for his career.

doublehh03

Man City are playing abysmal football right now while we're playing our best. Iniesta is in very poor form and Rafinha is red-hot right now.

I'd start him in the first leg against City. I absolutely would. Would be a solid next step for his career.

I think LE will go for experience. Iniesta will definitely start in the CL.

CuleLife4Life

The fact that LE is very familiar with Rafinha is a good thing. Iniesta may get the big games but if he continues to put out the type of performances he has had, Lucho needs the balls to bench him in favor of Rafinha. No time for nostalgic feelings to take over.

BBZ8800

Yeah...maybe its too early to say, but he should start in every match from now on...see how it goes. Team just gets more creativity.
Should pump his confidence as much as possible.

So, again, the same as with Mats, to ruin the team's chemistry, morale and to ruin the first 11 who have 9 wins in a row, and who play the best football in the last 3-4-5 years?
In order to see how one youngster will develop?

Again, is the whole club more important, or a single player? :shakeshead:

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans