Rafinha Alcantara

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Happy Birthday Rafa. Turns 22 today.

10978620_862984637081015_9132808286887800728_n.jpg

Hahahaha, are the two ducks supposed to be a number 22?

L

linetty

Just for discussion but when do you guys see him stepping up as a starter at Barca full-time against big teams included?
I'd say next season. He's already got most of the qualities needed/required but I think he lacks tactical awareness and has to work on positioning. With high pressure he gets exposed on the counter and leaves huge gaps around him and it's easy for the opponent to exploit that space.

khaled_a_d

Just for discussion but when do you guys see him stepping up as a starter at Barca full-time against big teams included?

Potential is there and the ban will help his chances .he started the season 4th in midfield rotation and now he is moving toward being 3rd over Xavi .if he ends the season on a high note he will have a chance becoming a starter next season

anguy

If he manages to convert his game to CM, he might have a future here. If he stays AM, like he's playing currently he'll always remain a backup.

BBZ8800

If you want him as a starter, Iniesta has to go out.
Iniesta and Rafinha can't play together as starters. (Two AMCs)

So, he won't be a starter yet in the next Season.

When Iniesta will decline a lot, if Rafinha will be our best Amc in those days, then he will be a starter (who knows, maybe some other youngster will improve, or we will buy a new player before Iniesta declines, so maybe he will never be a starter.

He has the potential, but he has to keep on working and improving)

Last edited:

DinhoR10

Am I the only one who considers Rakitic an AM? He does alot of defending but so do Rafinha and Iniesta, only real difference between those two and Raki is height and ability to dribble. The only one who can control tempo out of the three is Iniesta and aside from this last game he was playing as the CM in the team.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Am I the only one who considers Rakitic an AM? He does alot of defending but so do Rafinha and Iniesta, only real difference between those two and Raki is height and ability to dribble. The only one who can control tempo out of the three is Iniesta and aside from this last game he was playing as the CM in the team.

He plays like a box to box midfielder. So yeah, I'd tend to agree.

Home of Barca Fans