Rafinha Alcantara

JamDav1982

Considering his age and experience, he was good.

He is 22!

That is not even young for a player.

He has experience of a full season on La Liga.

I swear people see some good moments on the ball from him and are impressed yet miss how poor he is positionally and how little he provides as a basis for the team to play.

He is a completely inferior version of Cesc.

dakt

He is 22!

That is not even young for a player.

He has experience of a full season on La Liga.

I swear people see some good moments on the ball from him and are impressed yet miss how poor he is positionally and how little he provides as a basis for the team to play.

He is a completely inferior version of Cesc.

To me, he still looks like lacking confidence in a big team. Plus it's not very encouraging to play along side out of form and aging Iniesta. Never again we should see these two together on the pitch IMO.

JamDav1982

To me, he still looks like lacking confidence in a big team. Plus it's not very encouraging to play along side out of form and aging Iniesta. Never again we should see these two together on the pitch IMO.

It is far worse for Iniesta to play alongside a footballer that cannot play positionally and just chases ball about pitch.

Iniesta been far better than Rafinha this season and looked much better when paired with Rakitic.

If there is one of the Iniesta/Rafinha partnership that it is unfair on its not Rafinha.

dakt

It is far worse for Iniesta to play alongside a footballer that cannot play positionally and just chases ball about pitch.

Iniesta been far better than Rafinha this season and looked much better when paired with Rakitic.

If there is one of the Iniesta/Rafinha partnership that it is unfair on its not Rafinha.

With his experience, Iniesta should offer more, so Rafinha's performance is somewhat more justified than Andre's. I still believe in Rafinha.

JamDav1982

With his experience, Iniesta should offer more, so Rafinha's performance is somewhat more justified than Andre's. I still believe in Rafinha.

Iniestas performances have offered more, much more this season.

Iniesta struggles badly beside Rafinha not other players in the same way.

Rafinha is 22... this experience excuse is wearing thin.

dakt

Iniestas performances have offered more, much more this season.

Iniesta struggles badly beside Rafinha not other players in the same way.

Rafinha is 22... this experience excuse is wearing thin.

OK, I get your point, but I don't get how can you attack young player like him and justify not so young and much more experienced Suarez?

JamDav1982

OK, I get your point, but I don't get how can you attack young player like him and justify not so young and much more experienced Suarez?

Because Suarez has been levels above anything Rafinha has dont this season and improved the front three of the team.

Rafinha has contributed to a weaker midfield.

Again I dont see 22 as a young midfielder who had has a full season of La Liga behind him.

dakt

Because Suarez has been levels above anything Rafinha has dont this season and improved the front three of the team.

Rafinha has contributed to a weaker midfield.

Again I dont see 22 as a young midfielder who had has a full season of La Liga behind him.

And what did Suarez showed so far? His few goals? We are still waiting for that God given killer instinct to step up.

Zinedinho

He looks a little too self-conscious. He's the opposite of his brother, who was sometimes overconfident. He is working like a beast and is focused on not making mistakes. That's what I like about him compared to his brother, but sooner or later he will have to trust his talent and take more risks if he wants to succeed here. If he adds his talent to that mentality, he will become an impressive midfielder.

anguy

There aren't many great young midfielders though. Most of them become elite only after 25 or so. PLus he's being played out of position he'd be much better as AM/RW hybrid. Unfortunately that's Messi's position.

JamDav1982

There aren't many great young midfielders though. Most of them become elite only after 25 or so. PLus he's being played out of position he'd be much better as AM/RW hybrid. Unfortunately that's Messi's position.

All the best Barca midfielders in recent times were long established by 22. Not at their peak but established internationals and important first teams players to a much higher degree than Rafinha is.

Infact almost all the top CMs I can think of were.

Home of Barca Fans