Rafinha Alcantara

Zangash

Banned
I actually quite like him and I thought he was pretty damn poor :lol:

He's played much better against teams way better than tiny Eibar. It was a bad game from him.

I thought he was solid. Had a lot of iffy moments, but none were shocking errors that could've cost FCB the game.

Gnidrologist

If by solid you mean invisible, then yes. Isn't he supposed to create things? His creativity is almost zero. Even Roberto had more good runs and passes than him. I think his problem is that he isn't very smart player like his brother even though technically he is close enough. A lot of times he just keeps running and doesn't see whom to pass.

SeloBarca

Horrible game, easily the worst on the field. Didnt contribute anything. Tried to dribble and lost the ball a gazillion times.

BerkeleyBernie

A lot of times he just keeps running and doesn't see whom to pass.

That's a good summary. He wasn't a liability in terms of losing the ball or poor passes, but it's always "okay, now what do I do with it?" By the time he sees something, no one is in an advantageous position to do anything.

Barcelonista

I dont know what you guys expected of him but I personally like his style and hard work. One so-so game doesnt change things.He has demonstrated to be a valuable addition to our squad and Im glad he's got Enrique's trust... He may need time but the potential is there to unlock...
He wasnt elected Bbva young player of the year for no reason...

Ursegor

World Champion
He's got the footwork and skills but lacks the vision and brain. I recommend everyone to (re)watch the CL final 2006 after Iniesta replaced Edmilson in the 2nd half and played as the deepest midfielder. He was about the same age as Rafinha is now. His throughballs and passes between the lines were ridiculous, completely changed the game, created Eto'o's goal as well. Night and day between young Iniesta and Rafinha.

He can become a decent player for sure but he lacks that special something to become a nailed on Barca starting midfielder IMO. He'll probably be in and out of the team for the next 2 seasons and then move on and have a decent career elsewhere like Motta after Barca buys someone like Pogba.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He's got the footwork and skills but lacks the vision and brain. I recommend everyone to (re)watch the CL final 2006 after Iniesta replaced Edmilson in the 2nd half and played as the deepest midfielder. He was about the same age as Rafinha is now. His throughballs and passes between the lines were ridiculous, completely changed the game, created Eto'o's goal as well. Night and day between young Iniesta and Rafinha.

He can become a decent player for sure but he lacks that special something to become a nailed on Barca starting midfielder IMO. He'll probably be in and out of the team for the next 2 seasons and then move on and have a decent career elsewhere like Motta after Barca buys someone like Pogba.

I don't want to agree with you, but you might me right.

LordLichtenstein

I agree.

khaled_a_d

1-You are comparing him to Iniesta ,but the think is Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/Puyol are probably the greatest player in their position in the history of the club not just La Masia
If we are gonna put those as our reference in judging La Masia prospects it will be decades till we promote someone
2-You are putting Motta as a comparison to the level of player he might end up too ,that is a one I actually like but not for your reason
Motta was never a star in the making for us but he was very solid squad player for years and he showed that the academy can give us squad players and that is very important
Motta could have been playing for us till now ,the main reason he didn't was the injuries he had .it plagued him for several years and the club was a bit fed of it .he moved to Atletico and situation didn't get better then with Genoa he was healthy again ,same with early years with Inter
There is a lot of what could have been if Motta was healthy .Rafinha can be a very good player for us for years to come ,not just couple of seasons .and he doesn't have to be Iniesta for that ,just a good 3 option in the CM/AM combo

Gnidrologist

Unless Suarez and/or Halilovic don't turn out to be better. Unless he doesn't improve his passing he doesn't seem good even for a squad player.

Home of Barca Fans