Rafinha Alcantara

Egert

Estonian Culé
he played really well yesterday,i would also like to see him play in more matches
it seems to me that of all midfielders only rafinha and iniesta are capable of making dangerous forward runs with the ball and taking few players onto them and create space for others and we need more of that
i believe that rafinha has the potential to be our leading midfielder in the future

Exactly

Irish_Cules

He has to be tested in the bigger games. We can't get excited about him in a game that finished 8-1 and also had a starring performance from Sergi Roberto. He has had a couple of encouraging performances lately but he has to be trusted in the some of the big games instead of falling back on Xavi all of the time. It's the only way that we'll find out how good he is.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He has to be tested in the bigger games. We can't get excited about him in a game that finished 8-1 and also had a starring performance from Sergi Roberto. He has had a couple of encouraging performances lately but he has to be trusted in the some of the big games instead of falling back on Xavi all of the time. It's the only way that we'll find out how good he is.

+1

dakt

Well, I will allow myself to get excited since this guy has really nice style...he's closest to Xavi we got atm and it's only up from here. In two, three years, he will be quality midfielder and I totally didn't expect that from him when we signed him. Biggest surprise of the season.

DinhoR10

I mean he has the talent to become the best midfielder in the world,but i'd settle for being good enough to start for barca (Although up until a year or two ago starting for barca meant you were the best midfielder in your position in the world)

anguy

Well, I will allow myself to get excited since this guy has really nice style...he's closest to Xavi we got atm and it's only up from here.

He has absolutely nothing in common with Xavi you know... If you said left footed Iniesta you might have a case here, but Xavi?

DinhoR10

He has absolutely nothing in common with Xavi you know... If you said left footed Iniesta you might have a case here, but Xavi?

His long balls are xavi-esque but i think he means the fact that he has xavi's workrate and his best position is CM (Lucho's words last season).

Edit: Actually i'm watching some videos of prime Xavi and rafinha actually does look like him but Xavi is more reserved and Rafinha is on a completely different level dribbling wise.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans