Rafinha Alcantara

xXKonan

Barcelona will offer Rafinha (22), whose contract expires in 2016, to renew before end of year. Earlier plan was offer for 4+1 years. [md]

Jombi

Barcelona will offer Rafinha (22), whose contract expires in 2016, to renew before end of year. Earlier plan was offer for 4+1 years. [md]

I hope the buyout clause is set properly as well. This seems to be just as important for us as renewing our players these days. I dont know any other rich club that has this problem of losing players they want to keep because of buyout clauses.

God Serena

I hope the buyout clause is set properly as well. This seems to be just as important for us as renewing our players these days. I dont know any other rich club that has this problem of losing players they want to keep because of buyout clauses.

We don't have that problem, either. Thiago was intentionally benched to make his buyout drop, as it'd have been easy to keep it up with how far ahead we were in the league during Tito's season in charge. Pedro is probably leaving but we actually dropped his release clause just so he could. The last time we lost a player due to their release clause that I can remember is Sanabria, and even then he practically counted as a youth player, since he hadn't been actually promoted to the B team yet as far as I know. If the club wants him to stay his buyout clause will most likely be something completely outlandish.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
8/10 perfomance from him, played quite well on unfavored position (LW). Unlucky with that crossbar hit, shouldn't have been subbed off. He should start vs Athletic as well.

Barcelonista

Great game from him! Could have scored another and did more than Mathieu in defense. Hope this shuts some of his haters for a bit. I believe he is only gonna improve with time and minutes on the pitch. Still do not understand the amount of criticism he gets. Thank god Enrique is his mentor because if it was up to some of you here we would be deprived of the talents of Xavi and Iniesta lonf time ago!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was good tonight, and got better after the goal... If he can keep this level I won't feel so sad if Pedro leaves...

Darko

Did well, but he really shouldn't play as a left winger since cutting inside is arguably his strongest attribute on the wings.

Horatio

You're welcome
I still wish I saw what you guys did. I thought he was just average, at best.

The thing with Rafinha is however is that you can see process in his growth. I didn't think he was all too impressive last season. Over the course of a couple of games you can see he can stand his own better among the star players and sometimes he'll do something that makes you go like 'whoa, nice'.

He is starting to feel more confident and it shows.

Great game, first big match he's started in for barca and got on the scoresheet from a real striker's run into the box. Seemed uncomfortable at times on the left though, I don't want to see him there unless theres an absolute need.

dakt

What I like about him is that he has guts to try and when it works it looks really good. Yeah, he's growing but I hope he won't hit ceiling anytime soon.

bongo128

I think this position suits him better than midfield. He is fast has some nice close distance technique and eye for the goal. In midfield he lacks physique and the passing creativity imo. I think if Pedro is sold Rafinha can play very successfully in that position if Neymar is out.

Home of Barca Fans