Raheem Sterling

Jair Ventura

I have a feeling Sterling may leave the EPL altogether, probably for Bayern.

Edit: I stand corrected. Apparently he's close to signing for Man City.

Last edited:

Co0ter

yeah that's exactly what Arsenal need, more people that can run really fast but can't finish worth shit.

Robbie

Wenger wants a DM and an experienced striker. Looks like we're after Schneiderlin and Jackson Martinez this summer. Going after Sterling would mean spending a lot of money on a player we don't need, at the expense of Chamberlain and Ramsey. Better to strengthen our weaker areas

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
That's a pretty good price if true, considering his goals record, 92 in 132 for Porto. Normally Porto would wring a bigger price out of a player who scores that much. I mean, he's no Falcao in his prime but still good, I thought it'd be something like £30m.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That's a pretty good price if true, considering his goals record, 92 in 132 for Porto. Normally Porto would wring a bigger price out of a player who scores that much. I mean, he's no Falcao in his prime but still good, I thought it'd be something like £30m.

It's his release clause. Most of it upfront and the rest as bonuses.

Co0ter

32 million euros for him will be a good deal. They need someone like him upfront...Giroud as the lone striker is dreadful. Wenger needs to man up and play two strikers and four mids...a diamond midfield imo would make the best use of his massive amount of midfielders, a new proper DM and two strikers.

Jair Ventura

He's 28. Meanwhile Depay went for £25M, Anderson's listed at £30M, and Monaco just picked up 21 year old Carlos Mane for £8m(21 goals, 6 assist this season) from the same league. Perhaps I'm missing something. Mind you, the former two aren't strikers, just saying.

edit: Makes more sense if its his release clause.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He's 28. Meanwhile Depay went for £25M, Anderson's listed at £30M, and Monaco just picked up 21 year old Carlos Mane for £8m(21 goals, 6 assist this season) from the same league. Perhaps I'm missing something.
They, Arsenal, are paying Martinez's release clause, essentially.

Co0ter

Jackson-Giroud
Ozil
sanchez-chamberlain
DM
monreal-kos-mert-Bellerin

Of course it's tough to sit Ramsey, but Cazorla is the expendable one imo.

28 years old is fine. Arsenal don't need to gamble on another young player who might pan out..they need someone upfront who can make an impact right away.

Last edited:

spark

He's 28. Meanwhile Depay went for £25M, Anderson's listed at £30M, and Monaco just picked up 21 year old Carlos Mane for £8m(21 goals, 6 assist this season) from the same league. Perhaps I'm missing something. Mind you, the former two aren't strikers, just saying.

edit: Makes more sense if its his release clause.

I much doubt Carlos Mane even has 21 goals in his career so far. You sure that isn't 21 appearances?

Home of Barca Fans