Raheem Sterling

Robbie

They want Wilshere next, which I think is a lot more likely than most Arsenal fans seem to realise.

No way is it happening. Wenger has an unshakeable trust in his youth players. He stuck by Diaby for god knows how long, and made sure Ramsey stayed in the first team even when everyone thought he was shit. Wilshere is our Steven Gerrard, been at the club since age 7 and our best academy product in decades. There's no way in hell Wenger would let him leave, and no way he would want to go. The only reason he was benched was because he was injured most of the season. Next year's a clean slate, and he has all preseason to show how he will fit into the squad. And we have no business competing for any silverware without a strong squad.

Jenks

No way is it happening. Wenger has an unshakeable trust in his youth players. He stuck by Diaby for god knows how long, and made sure Ramsey stayed in the first team even when everyone thought he was shit. Wilshere is our Steven Gerrard, been at the club since age 7 and our best academy product in decades. There's no way in hell Wenger would let him leave, and no way he would want to go. The only reason he was benched was because he was injured most of the season. Next year's a clean slate, and he has all preseason to show how he will fit into the squad. And we have no business competing for any silverware without a strong squad.

They've both made the sort of noises that players and managers make before they part ways. Wilshere saying he "wants to be wanted by Arsenal" should have been a red flag from the get go. Arsenal is a business, and if City offer silly money then I've no doubt the higher-ups would make Wenger sell.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Ugh £40m for Sterling. Stupid inflated Englishman prices. He really should cost no more than Hazard. Hopefully Liverpool won't accept.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Hazard would cost 165m euros in today's market.

Lille Hazard not Chlesea hazard. Chelsea bought him for 40M€. I think in this market he would fetch something similar to sterling. Difference is sterling is english and plays in EPL, so won't be surprised if hazard goes for something less than sterling even though he is far more talented than sterling.

S7_MUFC

Lille Hazard not Chlesea hazard. Chelsea bought him for 40M€. I think in this market he would fetch something similar to sterling. Difference is sterling is english and plays in EPL, so won't be surprised if hazard goes for something less than sterling even though he is far more talented than sterling.
The only complaint people had over Hazard was whether he could do it in the premier league? If he was a premiership player, his price would've been a lot higher..

Icarium

Lifestealer
The only complaint people had over Hazard was whether he could do it in the premier league? If he was a premiership player, his price would've been a lot higher..

If hazard was in sterling situation price would be lot higher. Yeah.

S7_MUFC

If hazard was in sterling situation price would be lot higher. Yeah.
I remember watching Hazard's youtube compilation and being absolutely amazed at how good he was...He probably would've joined us had chelsea lost the CL final...:(

Alik

I remember watching Hazard's youtube compilation and being absolutely amazed at how good he was...He probably would've joined us had chelsea lost the CL final...:(

Yeah, that CL win was really a game changer for Chelsea.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Nevermind how bad we were when winning it too. :lol: I'm surprised he joined after a performance like that. Just shows, "European Champion" is a draw for players regardless of how you win.

On and in reply to the valuation convo. My point is, he should cost as much as Lille Hazard including the fact that he's English and has Prem experience. That's how overrated I think he is.

Last edited:

Co0ter

Nevermind how bad we were when winning it too. :lol: I'm surprised he joined after a performance like that. Just shows, "European Champion" is a draw for players regardless of how you win.

On and in reply to the valuation convo. My point is, he should cost as much as Lille Hazard including the fact that he's English and has Prem experience. That's how overrated I think he is.

I think he is overrated too and I think if Liverpool spends those 60mil or so euros well they would have a very strong team. Even if they spend 45 mil of it bringing in a WC striker they can spend the rest bringing in a replacement or playing that other young kid in his position. For all the midfielders they've bought I don't think any of them are a solid DM, so they need to reinforce that too imo.

Robbie

They've both made the sort of noises that players and managers make before they part ways. Wilshere saying he "wants to be wanted by Arsenal" should have been a red flag from the get go. Arsenal is a business, and if City offer silly money then I've no doubt the higher-ups would make Wenger sell.

We don't need the money anymore. Our debt is almost paid off and the Puma deal added a lot of spending power to the club. Wenger stuck with Van Persie for almost 7 years of injury/bad form when everyone was saying we we desperately needed a fit striker. He stuck with Diaby for almost a decade, Rosicky for even longer (even after a 2 year injury), etc. Wilshere is his best academy product ever, and he's very proud of having an Arsenal player potentially being the star of the English NT. I just don't see how he would sell him to City, and I don't see how Wilshere would go

Home of Barca Fans