Raheem Sterling

Morten

Overpaying just because he's English

I have many times been on that board, but lets see what Sterling can accomplish, just because he is english doesnt mean he cant become a great player. That said, he is overpriced as of now, but its not like City will miss the money...
I dont get my hopes up for him, but i hope can england can produce a class forward, not since Rooney have England had a proper great forward, and Rooney is fading.

Last edited:

Jenks

As much as he's been overpriced, ultimately Liverpool still come out of this deal worse off. The money is an irrelevance to City, while if Liverpool's track record is anything to go by, they won't be able to replace Sterling. And if they don't make progress this season, then what? Will Coutinho stick around? He'll probably be next out the door...

Adversus

To be fair the torres money bought suarez

It also bought Jordan Henderson who has gone on to be a decent buy. Carrol was just unlucky. If he stayed fit and there was no injury problems before Liverpool signed him he could have gone on to be one of the top centre forwards in the premiership.

And this from an Everton fan.

Professor Chaos

Last English football wonder kid was Owen. Then he made stupid move to RM and soon got finished by injuries. Sterling isn't even 10% good as Michael used to be back in the days.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Yeah, english talent is pretty rare nowadays. The biggest talents atm are like Sterling and Kane?

Jenks

Probably, and Stones. Although I honestly think Berahino has a higher ceiling than Kane and will prove it if he gets a move, and I think Wilshere went from overrated to underrated quite quickly. He's a better midfielder than Ramsey, who only overshadows him due to his goal threat, which Wilshere is improving on.

Oh and I still hope (probably unwisely) that now Morrison is away from his mates he can do well with Lazio. In terms of pure footballing talent he's better than the lot of them (and anyone else England have), but his attitude will probably always hold him back. Would be great to see him play against Pogba this season.

Last edited:

Adversus

Last English football wonder kid was Owen. Then he made stupid move to RM and soon got finished by injuries. Sterling isn't even 10% good as Michael used to be back in the days.

Rooney? He might not have lived up to the hype but for the first couple of seasons he was the one people were talking about at Utd instead of Ronaldo.

EdmondDantes

What happened to this lad? He looks lost. It's a shame as I thought playing/training with these world class players would help him improve.

Home of Barca Fans