Raheem Sterling

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
sounds a bit like Drogba, actually. He was not a proven star when Chelsea bought him, and already in his mid 20s. But you can never know how far someone will reach i guess.

Sounds a bit like Henry too (even if that comparison has already been done to death)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Sounds a bit like Henry too (even if that comparison has already been done to death)
Henry even though was not a star per se, he definitely was well-known and considered to be destined for greatness.... He was a WC winner for crying out loud!!

Morten

Arbeloa has achieved quite a lot and managed to make CR7 cry by scoring a single goal when it takes the likes of Messi to score 100s in order to achieve the same!

Arbeloa has won everything there is to win as a european football player, and he was quite good a few years back, but he was never world class or one of the very best. Yet he won everything. And you have far worse players than him who has a world cup, on the other side there is players like brazilian Ronaldo, who never won a champions league. Some put too much emphasis on trophies won when they judge players, that was just my point. That Henry was a world cup winner didnt neccessarily mean anything.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
There is a difference between being player no. 20 and never playing in a trophy winning team and being an important part of a squad. And Henry was important in 98.

Morten

It's getting tight upfront in City. Mayhaps we can snatch up Aguero or even Dżeko for a good offer.

Dzeko, maybe, and i dont see why we would need him. Aguero, absolutely not, Sterling isnt close to being a replacement for Aguero, and probably never will.

fcbdna

Banned
Man "Oil money has to go somewhere" Shitty and Raheem "Overhyped even by EPL Standards" Sterling deserve each other :VdB:

Sterling is anything but hype material. . . When he is ON, he is ON that's a fact. I know the price tag is a little on the high side, but sterling offers A lot! Hard working, attack minded, helps in the defense. . . A general team player if you ask me.

El Gato

Villarato!
Unless they're getting rid of Bony who's done nothing of note. I'd have Dżeko for 10-15 mln, why not. He's not a Benitez type striker and interferes with CR moving further towards the CF position, but Benz does need a non ball-dominant alternative. He's a great technician who fits very well with BBC, but backup is needed after Chicha has gone off (and who's likely joining Kaka in Orlando BTW).

Morten

Unless they're getting rid of Bony who's done nothing of note. I'd have Dżeko for 10-15 mln, why not. He's not a Benitez type striker and interferes with CR moving further towards the CF position, but Benz does need a non ball-dominant alternative. He's a great technician who fits very well with BBC, but backup is needed after Chicha has gone off (and who's likely joining Kaka in Orlando BTW).

Dont understand why we didnt keep Chicha, he would have been a great backup. I understand he has flaws as a football-player, but how much can you expect from a backup?

Cule4life

The Culest
fcbdna said:
[quote name="Cule4life" post=1505813]Man "Oil money has to go somewhere" Shitty and Raheem "Overhyped even by EPL Standards" Sterling deserve each other :VdB:

Sterling is anything but hype material. . . When he is ON, he is ON that's a fact. I know the price tag is a little on the high side, but sterling offers A lot! Hard working, attack minded, helps in the defense. . . A general team player if you ask me.[/quote]

Poor attempt at trolling. Step up your game if you aspire for a place in the Barcaforum hall of trolling fame

Home of Barca Fans