Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Valon

Well my best friend is a die-hard Galatasaray fan and he told me about this. Apparently they want Schuster as coach and their Rivals Fenerbahce are looking into the possibility of getting Guti and also Ramos to replace the now sacked Aragones. I hope the second team doesn't get Guti and Ramos as I'm a fan of them in Turkey and I hate Guti. :D

Beast

The Observer
He isn't, that's the funny thing.

Beast, can you tell me why, the candidates needs to come up with such a huge amount to be a candidate?
the constitution of the club state clearly that whoever is running for presidency must provide a bank guarantee equivalent to 15 % of the club total turnover ..
the problem is our turnover has jumped big time.. so from the last election 30 million Euro guarantee it's now 57 Million euro
the reason is to stop any money grabber from taking advantage of the a rich club like Real..

One thing eludes me. Except for being the richest man (only man) in competition... Why exactly is Perez a good candidate? And is having a sole man running a good thing for Real Madrid?
Not really , there is plenty of very rich members in Real Palacios,Sanz,Villar Mir,Sainz..etc
the problem is most of these names par Sanz (who can't run since he own Malaga - violation of FIFA rules to be in control of 2 clubs ) & Angel Sanchez (happy in Getafe ) .. the rest are Perez friends and at times business partners .. most of them has supported Perez bid..
well having an only man give us more time to prepare the squad and be ready (hopefully ) before Pre-season camp.. at the same time those who said they will run against perez has actually helped his bid a lot

my ex-best man for the Job ,Martinez Bravo (Platforma Blanca ) announced he will give the manager job to Michel (Crap manager-Getafe manager-Castilla relegated ..etc )
Eduardo said his coach will be Billic and his star player is Drogba
the third guy came up with the funniest presentation u could see in your life time (his VP said Obama support Real Madrid cause they were wearing black kit in 2000 CL final :wacko: , showed a picture of JFK with 6 fingers :wacko: ...) at the end the VP resigned the next day after the presentation and normally the banks (big Perez influence ) refused to guarantee him

so as much as i despise the guy .. he is no doubt the best one for the job at least if u believe what is said he won't be doing the same mistakes again .. but Valdano & Zidane are the 2 people in charge
He is the only one who wants it. They don't have a real reason apart from recreating the comical Galactico era. What was their record by the way....
starting with Figo ? 1 Cl , 2 ligas ,Interconti cup ..etc

have you heard about this Beast??

Van Nistelrooy to Galatasaray...

is it likely,is it balls or does it depend on the new president????

heard it but not surprised i've said several times it could be the time for Ruud to move on .. i don't think he will move to Turkey at all .. he is wanted by several clubs the man is a goal machine
Van Nistelrooy to Galatasary ! Would be surprising to say the least.

yes it would be

Warik

Balague reckons Pellegrini will be the coach. Perez is 'sure' Xabi Alonso and Kaka will move to Real...

Though it is Balague so take with pinch of salt tbh.

Zqa-

the constitution of the club state clearly that whoever is running for presidency must provide a bank guarantee equivalent to 15 % of the club total turnover ..
the problem is our turnover has jumped big time.. so from the last election 30 million Euro guarantee it's now 57 Million euro
the reason is to stop any money grabber from taking advantage of the a rich club like Real..

Okay. Well, thanks for the info. Had no idea about that. Somehow that seems fair enough.

B

beautifulgame

don't wanna take the thread off-topic but cesc is, like xavi, a volante. he's not an attacking midfielder despite what wenger is trying to do with him. he can move forward and be impactful but he's best when starting from deep.

and thiago is a different player to cesc. he IS an attacking midfielder and tbh they could form a partnership akin to xavi/deco.

anyway sorry madridista's, just hadda make that point coz fuckssakes that shit is annoying.

pellegrini is VERY intriguing. he's a great manager and he knows how to set his side out VERY defensively if need be (his performances against united with villarreal) but they're fully capable of a barrage of attacks and play football in the right way.

the issue is, how much control does he have? does that factor into his success? etc. couuld he replicate it at real madrid if given the chance?

I agree with you Meta but we can move the Cesc discussion to another topic.

As far as Real coach goes Pellegrini would be ideal; however I don't want him to leave Villareal. :wub: With that said if I was Perez I would look at names such as Blanc, Laudrup and Pellegrini.

Beast

The Observer
Three Candidates For Real Madrid Coach Next Season - Jorge Valdano

Valdano is set to return in an advisory role and has said there are three candidates for the coaching position at Madrid...

There are three options for the position of coach at Real Madrid next season, according to Jorge Valdano.

The former coach is set to be Florentino Perez's right-hand man at the Spanish club this summer and is predicted to take on the role of sporting director.

Speaking today, he said that they are "very clear" in their plans for the coaching position, but will not reveal who they are targeting.

"We have always been looking at three options but, what I will not say, is who the first one is, the second one, or the third one," Marca quote him as saying.

"They are coaches who work in a unique style, are consistent options and we will choose between them at the end. On Monday, when all the leagues finish, everything will be a lot clearer."

There have been plenty of names linked with the coaching role at Madrid, with Manuel Pellegrini and Michael Laudrup two of the favourites.

Jose Mourinho is thought to be out of the running after extending his contract with Inter Milan, whilst Arsene Wenger has committed his future to Arsenal recently.

Valdano did not reveal anything else about the potential coaches, except when he said "the people we are thinking of are coaching now and nothing is finalised".
=====================
that exclude Laudrup :(

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
It would certainly speed things up. Eduardo doesn't realistically stand any chance, no one does.

Lets just hope the clubs interests are protected by Zidane and Valdano. You cant fault where Perez's heart is at, it is in the right place but he got it so wrong last time, it be foolish to think it will be different.

When he says the word galactico, we know his intentions, but i dont think he's going down this road. He tried to change our image away from Galacticos in 2005 = 'Zidanes y pavones' by bringing in Sacchi, and using the new term 'we'll sign the best player in the world in every position'....yadayadayadaaa.... They signed Walter Samuel. I hope he doesnt do that either.

Beast

The Observer
the problem was not Walter Samuel .. he is a great defender and did a great job with Inter after us & Roma before us.. the problem was u can't have the best defenders in the world without a proper DM.. and that was his fault he kept trying avoid buying a DM to make a point clear that selling Makelele wasn't a mistake .. Gravesen then Pablo Garcia ..was the last attempt to fix things .. hell they even tried Baptista as a DM at times.. all failed..

in principle buying Samuel was a great move but lets not forget his partners were Pavon-Mejia and Helguera .. hardly the partnership he used to

Snyde what Shadows and Jatin pointed out.. Laudrup is out of job

Beast

The Observer
we had no depth in the squad i agree with that.. what he need to do is consider some of the current names as the depth and add players who are a step up to the current squad.. Xabi-kaka /AM - Silva and/or Ribery .. plus a defender and a full back and Striker(Negredo )

that's 7 players cost about 200 -240 Million some of them could be part exchange .. i heard the Valencia 4some would cost around 100 Mil , Xabi about 20 , Kaka 60 , ribery 20 + sneijder (totally don't like this rumor ) give or take an extra 40 .. i'm just gathering up the rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans