Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moe1981

that's quite funny. but that dogged determination kept this title race alive way, way, way longer than it should have been. it's a very commendable spirit they showed in the face of true adversity.

let's try and be gracious winners though, eh?

:)

I can show you things you never thought existed! There is this merengue in another forum who believes there is still a mathematical possibility that real madrid can win this title back because " points can be deducted"

here i'll copy his post for a good laugh

"I can't wait until you guys are deducted points and this becomes true.

I would open up my very own lets all laugh at Barca thread."

and

"Well, lets see. You guys were writing about us winning the league like it is mathamatically impossible.

I was just pointing out that there are circumstances which would allow for it to happen, however minute they may be."

This gives me a headache, live long and you'll see amazing things, lol

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Zidane says if Perez is elected president, he will work at Madrid as he sees a lot of work to be done.

As much as I hate him, I would seriously consider bringing back Mata. considering the huge bucks we will be spending, so he would be my alternative to David Silva. But if we are getting Ribery, Silva might be a better choice because of his more cautious and patient approach to the game as opposed to Mata who seems to me who always has a go. Either way, it isn't a really big deal to me as long as I see two of these three players at Madrid. They are incredible players.

So far the following is what seems the most concrete:

Sniejder, VDV and Drenthe are to be sold or exchanged.

Ribery, and Silva brought in. Negredo and Grenaro are recalled.

I am waiting for a surprise coach and I think the decision will be influenced by Zidane. If Juande remains then the above names are even more probable.

A

AndyBoix

Villareal's manager Pellegrini is the best option for next Madrid manager imo. He has La Liga experience, did well in Europe and most of his transfers were successful. I hope he fails if joins Madrid though :D

Real Madrid are pathetic. Sorry, but I just can't stand that club.

Seems like after the 2-6, their overrated players finally gave up. 4 losses in a row, and just yesterday, I thought they made Mallorca look like Man Utd. They certainly made Cléber Santana look like Diego Maradona. Great goal, BTW.

As for Cesc, I'm one Culé who could care less about him. He goes to Real, he stays at Arsenal, who cares. He comes back to Barça, he's just going to play 2nd fiddle for Xavi and Iniesta, like he does for Spain. I wouldn't cry if he went to Real Madrid. After all, that's where the sell-outs go.

Idem ditto with both of you :beer2:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Are Real Madrid and Osasuna on good terms? Osasuna needs a win to stay in La Liga, considering Gijon plays Numancia, who are already relegated.

Beast

The Observer
Are Real Madrid and Osasuna on good terms? Osasuna needs a win to stay in La Liga, considering Gijon plays Numancia, who are already relegated.

As teams not on good terms at all.. they are part of the Basque after all.. but they are coached by ex-Madrid legend ( and famous sweaty arm pit ) Camacho.. so expect some gifts..neither are our players taking anything seriously hell even Guti-call missed last
game due to his daughter communion .. so go figure.. Osasuna winning is good odds in my book

Beast

The Observer
Breaking news

Eduardo Garica withdrew the law suit last night and strong indications coming out that he will withdraw from the elections( due to failure in finding banks giving him the required guarantee) next week leaving Florentino Perez the only legitimate candidate and therefor there will be no elections this summer but a declaration that Florentino Perez is the new president on the 1st of June , two weeks earlier then expected

i guess good news overall it will give us a month in advance to prepare for the summer season

Zqa-

As I think about it, it was a huge advantage for Perez, that the elections is due so early. None other than him can come up with the money so "fast". Well. Fair enough.

So he's the new pres. What do you think about that Beast?

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
I'm waiting for the targets.. starting with the coach.. if it's Pellegrini (Then Valdano is calling the shot ) Blanc (Zidane ) Laudrup (both of them ) .. then the targets (Ribery not CR then Zidane ..etc )

it's too early and Perez was smart enough to shut up and let the press drive everyone crazy.. as officially Perez said nothing but promising a great project and officially denying he contacted Mourinho (on his personal website ) which seems the ex-special one was using to get a better deal out of Moratti

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Thank you. I'm gonna go a step further and say I hope he never steps foot onto a pitch with a Barca jersey on. Aside from being a prick he's vastly overrated; he's not even the best attacking midfielder in his own team (Arshavin and Nasri shit on him) much less the the top in the world. Better attacking midfielders off the top of my head: Arshavin, Nasri, Gourcuff, Diego, Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard, etc.

Furthermore Thaigo is 10x as gifted as Cesc and with the right guidance will shit on him in the near future.

don't wanna take the thread off-topic but cesc is, like xavi, a volante. he's not an attacking midfielder despite what wenger is trying to do with him. he can move forward and be impactful but he's best when starting from deep.

and thiago is a different player to cesc. he IS an attacking midfielder and tbh they could form a partnership akin to xavi/deco.

anyway sorry madridista's, just hadda make that point coz fuckssakes that shit is annoying.

pellegrini is VERY intriguing. he's a great manager and he knows how to set his side out VERY defensively if need be (his performances against united with villarreal) but they're fully capable of a barrage of attacks and play football in the right way.

the issue is, how much control does he have? does that factor into his success? etc. couuld he replicate it at real madrid if given the chance?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One thing eludes me. Except for being the richest man (only man) in competition... Why exactly is Perez a good candidate? And is having a sole man running a good thing for Real Madrid?

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
He is the only one who wants it. They don't have a real reason apart from recreating the comical Galactico era. What was their record by the way....

Zqa-

He isn't, that's the funny thing.

Beast, can you tell me why, the candidates needs to come up with such a huge amount to be a candidate?

Heath Newton

have you heard about this Beast??

Van Nistelrooy could go to Galatasaray

is it likely,is it balls or does it depend on the new president????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans