Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
It's official , Eduardo Garcia withdrew from the presidential race which mean Florentino Perez is officially the new president of Real Madrid for the next 4 years and will be sworn next monday (if no one presented his endorsement from now till Sunday which is very very unlikely ).
Perez has presented his board of directors to the press and now all we have to do is wait .. if Perez can make Real strong again it will be a great liga season

Beast

The Observer
most notably is Tapia who was running for the post vs Ramon 3 years ago.. the rest are business men /economical guys..etc.. people who facilitate the job but you don't see them or hear about them

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
One thing I was able to understand from the horrible translation was that Perez majorly concerned with the economics of the club. We are somehow still number one but it seems to me that the books are not the way he likes them.

Nándor

florentino pérez gave his first interview. he said he'd calculate with five or six signings. the players will be the best in the world and from spain. he talked specifically abput kaka', villa and c. ronaldo. by the way he talked, he'll go after all of them.

i just hope going after CR doesn't exclude ribéry!!! i'd be happy with CR, just as long as ribéry is the winger on the other side and not robben!!! c'mon zidane, do what ever you can!!!

have to admid though, that i had expected more signings tbh. 5 or 6 strikes me a bit short. i awaited a much bigger clear out and overhaul than this from pérez. i mean, just the defence would be like 3+ signings. garay, a replacement for cannavaro and/or heinze plus a replacement for dudek.

Beast

The Observer
Nando 5 or 6 are half the team man !!!.. you are not buying some 4-5 million price tag player..
there is something called a budget you know..

Nándor

it depends...5 or 6 starters, yes, that's half, but just half of a starting XI!!! and yes, that's a lot. but 5 or 6 as in a squad of 25 players, not that much anymore is it??? especially when you consider that most of these 25 are nothing more than just good, mediocre players, but not real madrid material.

take my example...a replacement for canna, heinze and dudek plus garay is already 4 players. add to that 1 out of negredo and granero that actually stays at madrid and you're already up to 5. only one player remaining!!! without any of those 5 meantioned players being kaka', villa, CR, xabi alonso, ribéry etc...
i know there's something called a budget, but my point is, that you can sign 5 or 6 players faster than you think without having made a big effort. at least not the big effort pérez is looking for and that's needed in order to catch up with the current barca.

if you look at it, you MIGHT wonder wether pérez will do anything with regards to the defence despite the recall of garay

Beast

The Observer
230 Eddy
Nando you are very unrealistic man , and i do mean very ... it's real world out there not FM

Nándor

care to tell me your 5 or 6 players that are realistic in your opinion and would make real catch up on level with barca beast???

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
You can't catch up us in the space of one summer, for once you should be planning over the next two-three seasons MINIMUM, overhauling your cantera policy and the squad philosophy and looking to the future not just at the short term. With the amount of players coming in and out next season looks to be a write-off for you anyway, Barça always retain the league and I don't expect that to change with the side we have plus the reinforcements to the squad that will be made over the summer.

Nándor

You can't catch up us in the space of one summer, for once you should be planning over the next two-three seasons MINIMUM, overhauling your cantera policy and the squad philosophy and looking to the future not just at the short term. With the amount of players coming in and out next season looks to be a write-off for you anyway, Barça always retain the league and I don't expect that to change with the side we have plus the reinforcements to the squad that will be made over the summer.

true, but then again...you basically caught up europe with your changes last summer. which got you this seasons tripple

but yes, it looks like a project for the future only is the most realistic option. however, much will depend on who will be the coach in the end

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
But the difference is that we actually had a settled spine of the team which wasn't in doubt, you don't. Which existing players are certain starters? Casillas, Ramos (?), M. Diarra....are there any others? Quite frankly there are doubts over so many futures that you really need a complete overhaul but that can't and won't happen overnight. The lack of a long term vision since Sanz was president has done a lot of damage to RMCF in my opinion, despite the league successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans