Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DucdeOrléans

I am not saying Abidal is the new Walcott, he is not, but he certainly is not slow. And I have watched Ramos a lot, both for club and country and I don't think his pace is anything special. Above the normal but nothing extraordinary IMO.

Do you also think he is faster than Alves? (a player who is not much faster than Abidal btw)

Abidals fitness level and pace really has improved this season to the surprise of a lot of people.

But nevertheless I am not impressed by Ramos overall. He is too sloppy, lacks concentration and commits too many stupid fouls. His disciplinary record is really horrible. Not the most clever defender to say the least.

I have been more impressed by Arbeloa this season than Ramos and that says a lot. I understand why Jose insisted on buying Maicon.

Beast

The Observer
Where did i say he is slow ? i only said Ramos is faster
Alves is a lot faster than Abidal and faster than Ramos ..
anyhow it's not a subject to debate unless they decide to run the 100 M race

Sergio

Sergison
Kaka' won't come back to Milan now, no way would Perez be willing to bite the bullet and sell him at huge loss to the club he came from. That and Milan don't play the same system anymore, its's not like he would be coming back and take up his old position.

I actually quite like Ramos, but he's not for Serie A, he may have pace, but a brain is more important, and he consistently showed thats what he lacks.

X

xaviniesta

i think abidal will win alves in 100meters, but alves has a lot quicker first 10-20 meters

DucdeOrléans

Ok, you are right. I just never regarded Ramos as especially fast I must admit (no Di maria, Ronaldo, Higuain, Marcelo etc).

Like Ramos? What is to like? In the same league as Pepe and Carvalho when it comes to cuntiness. Marcelo just looks ridicules and from a long distance you can feel he is annoying (also shown examples of that during games)

Hierro, Salgado and Carlos were actually sympathic compared to them.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Ramos is an average RB but he's an excellent CB.

the box-to-box nature of playing fullback basically encourages him to play with his brain switched off, if you will. he just acts on instinct so makes plenty of rash mistakes. when he plays at CB, the fact that he has a responsibility and is the teams last line of defence, etc., really focuses his otherwise wayward attention and harnesses his outstanding athleticism and technique into what is, essentially, Puyol mark II.

all he needs is a manager to force him to play at CB and watch how amazing he will become. he should be replacing Puyol for the NT as well.

El Gato

Villarato!
Gonzalo stated in the interview that his favourite tune is 'The Climb' by Miley Cyrus :lol: He also sounded so melancholic when he was talking about it. Ha ha :D

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ramos is an average RB but he's an excellent CB.

the box-to-box nature of playing fullback basically encourages him to play with his brain switched off, if you will. he just acts on instinct so makes plenty of rash mistakes. when he plays at CB, the fact that he has a responsibility and is the teams last line of defence, etc., really focuses his otherwise wayward attention and harnesses his outstanding athleticism and technique into what is, essentially, Puyol mark II.

all he needs is a manager to force him to play at CB and watch how amazing he will become. he should be replacing Puyol for the NT as well.

Fully agree and thus why I hope if Madrid want Pato they offer Ramos in exchange!!!

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes he is. That interview is so funny at some points though :lol: An awesome fragment:

Apparently you are the subject of many anegdotes. How is it possible to lock down your agent in a car ?
We went to eat something and.. *laughs*. There was six or seven of us and it was hard to get it all together. I came out of the car first, then five of my friends after me. Without thinking I have shut the door and we went into the restaurant. We didn't hear Cachita screaming *laughs*. After a while we noticed that we're missing someone.. We went back down, I've opened the door and there was Cachita *laughs*. Also, there was a time when I left him by the Di Maria's door and left off.

:lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
AS reports that Higuain will be back with the team within a month just before the Barcelona clash. He has shortened his recovery time by doing some amazing rehabilitation work. He worked 8 hours every day since starting light training and since he upped the workout levels he can already do every exercise eg. changing sprint directions quickly and ball control without pain. Gonzalo will be available for games against Barca and potential CdR final and 1/4s of CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans