Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Talking about conforming with CR: He has now scored 2 goals in about 50 attempts from a free kick.

That makes him worse than the worst free kick taking team in the world that Barcelona is. Why is he even still allowed to take them? You have far better players to do it.

Where did you get that number? Shit son! I wonder if that is worse than Roberto Carlos.

Madrid always had amazing freekick scorers, Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Guti, and we still have Ozil, Xabi, Granero and Di Maria(?). They may not strike the ball into the net but their delivery is absolutely phenomenal.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Benzema's new nickname which seems to be gaining popularity is "The Cat." Anyone know how he got it? I know, just seeing if you guys can figure it out.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Benzema's new nickname which seems to be gaining popularity is "The Cat." Anyone know how he got it? I know, just seeing if you guys can figure it out.

Mourinho:

“Sometimes you need to go hunting and you don’t have your dog, but you do have a cat,” Mr. Mourinho said, turning zoological about Mr. Benzema’s role. “So you take your cat hunting. It’s better than hunting alone.”

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Mourinho:

“Sometimes you need to go hunting and you don’t have your dog, but you do have a cat,” Mr. Mourinho said, turning zoological about Mr. Benzema’s role. “So you take your cat hunting. It’s better than hunting alone.”

Ding ding ding!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
From Granero's interview on the Real Madrid website:

1. Mourinho says Granero is his hardest working player.
2. Marcelo and Ramos dictate the music in the dressing room, the former plays rap and hip hop while Ramos plays Flamenco.
3. Granero is majoring in Psychology (he just might turn a coach later in his career)
4. Granero cannot live without his music.
5. I want to shag that blond who interviewed him, I forgot her name.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
From Granero's interview on the Real Madrid website:

1. Mourinho says Granero is his hardest working player.
2. Marcelo and Ramos dictate the music in the dressing room, the former plays rap and hip hop while Ramos plays Flamenco.
3. Granero is majoring in Psychology (he just might turn a coach later in his career)
4. Granero cannot live without his music.
5. I want to shag that blond who interviewed him, I forgot her name.

I could care less about Granero (actually I rather like him, he seems cool and he has some talent) but I'm very interested in #5...pics?

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Kay Murray

mainrmtv1.jpg

kay.championsleague.intro.jpg

kay-murray-1709294141.jpg

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Higuain doesn't make the team click. you always play better football with Benzema.

Higgers scores more, however, and certainly scores more golazos. but Benzy makes things run smoother because he's a better all-around player. if Cristiano wasn't misfiring right now you'd be winning games comfortably off the back of Benzy's fantastic forward play. I have no idea where you get the idea that Higgers has better chemistry with Cristiano either. they compete against each other which drives them to keep scoring, but through chemistry with each other? nah. Benzy has much better chemistry with Cristiano because his style of play is just like Rooney's.

there's a reason Higgers was so apprehensive about getting the surgery and being out for ages. this is a kid with confidence to burn (how else has he made it at Madrid against all odds) who has forced Raul out of the side ffs. and he's scared of Benzema taking his place? gimme a break. he KNOWS Benzy and Adebayor are much more the type of strikers that Mourinho likes and Benzy is better for team chemistry. the only thing keeping him in the First XI was his goals tally, which dwarfed Benzema's. but anyone with a brain could see that, given games, Benzema was gonna come good and start scoring. and heyho, that's exactly what he's done. so now you haveta wonder exactly how Higgers is gonna get back in the side. the President doesn't like him and the others strikers are a better fit for the manager.

(and before anyone says anything, I love Higgers and have done since 2005. I'm not hatin' on him, that's just the way it is)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I agree, Benzema is the future. In fact if I was Madrid, I'd sell Higgy and make the team revolve around the Benz. And if you have to sell Higgy to Barcelona so be it, our loss.

gingerless

we'll see how benz is doing till the end of the season... even then i wouldn't be convinced of him.

also, lol @ madridistas pouncing on pep's comment :lol:, i guess you guys don't usually have much to work with so it's fair

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Did you just out rant me? No you didn't!!!

I will answer your question about Higuain being apprehensive. Basically, from the time he stepped a foot in Madrid, he has had to fight for his place at every stag for some odd reason. Every season he is dropped, only to regain his spot because he is a goal scorer and one hell of a machine. If it wasn't for the fans and his impeccable work he would have been destroyed and out of the club, but the kid as you said has confidence that can drown Benzema. But he surely is insecure about his position.

I didn't say Higuain has better chemistry with Ronaldo, I said Higuain had to conform to Ronaldo for them to get a long. Benzema is doing the same, laying the ball off to Ronaldo along with Ozil at every single turn. Ozil and Benzema are always looking out for Ronaldo, they just don't dare piss off the alpha dog in the team. Higuain on the other hand is his own entity yet he allowed Ronaldo enough space for them both to score tons of goals.

Benzema has two things over Higuain. His short passing is better (sick at one twos), and his dribbling in tight spaces (instant momentum). Higuain however, has often provided aerial crosses and low crosses to Ronaldo. In CL, Benzema > Higuain. Keep in mind, better players are not necessarily better performers. Also keep in mind that, we have played better football lately because Ronaldo decided to play better football. He was as selfish as they came, last 20 games he has been

I am still skeptical about Benzema, we have not faced a team that has required us to put tons of defensive effort from the front, which I will be really happy to see Benzema excel at while keeps on scoring.

Whether we play better football is subjective, with Higuain we don't take any prisoners, with Benzema we can play tiki taka. Plus I think you are getting a little carried away, you forgot that Higuain also plays intricate passing inside the box and you also forget that Higuain's one and only downfall was that he is so shit at holding the ball but he was improving before his injury. You also have to factor in Ozil becoming so freaking awesome it helps Benzema. I say it again, Ronaldo is playing more collectively.

I am on the phone, so I will end this here because I lost my train of thought.I will wait for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans