Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panna

I wish CR will score more as 41 goals next season and RM will not get any price again,
Lets see if they will be happy again and celebrate CR pichichi with a parade.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
OFFICIAL - Callejon to Madrid

I don't see where will Callejon fit, lol.

Attack:Benz, CR7, Higuain, Di(ver) Maria, Morata, maybe even Oezil or Kaka

He's following the footsteps of Pedro Leon and Canales as the token Spaniard on the bench because they are afraid the Seleccion is looking too much like Barcelona.

What really confuses me is the alleged deal for Fábio Coentrão. Great player but is another left wingback really necessary after Marcelo's season? I guess both of them can play as wingers, but doesn't Madrid have a lot of those too?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I believe Mou's plan is to field 3 different sides of XI and increase his odds that at least one of them can get a result against Barca

It's nonsensical, both Callejon (What is it with cantera kids from there abusing themselves by returning??) & Coentrão...But, hey, when has the capital club been anything but a circus?

Aasim

Bumbleman
Coentrao arriving aswell. How much squad depth do you want?

I can't see him displacing Marcelo or Di Maria so he will just be covering the left side.

Sergio

Sergison
I think was always their intention to add a LB for next season, they tried to sign Taye Taiwo before he chose Milan instead.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He's following the footsteps of Pedro Leon and Canales as the token Spaniard on the bench because they are afraid the Seleccion is looking too much like Barcelona.

well I'm not surprised about Callejon. Mourinho wants a 4th winger and Pedro Leon apparently has attitude problems. so they'll send him out somewhere and barely use Callejon, instead!

What really confuses me is the alleged deal for Fábio Coentrão. Great player but is another left wingback really necessary after Marcelo's season? I guess both of them can play as wingers, but doesn't Madrid have a lot of those too?

Mourinho likes to squad stack.

Real Madrid like to squad stack.

put them together...

he wants to be 2 deep at every position, signing Coentrao means Arbeloa & Ramos can rotate the RB spot w/o Arby needing to worry about moving over to LB. people wanna know why he's successful? MONEY is why. he's spent phenomenal amounts and amassed super squads at Chelsea, Inter & now Real. Porto were similarly stacked by the overall quality level was lower, obviously.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
well I'm not surprised about Callejon. Mourinho wants a 4th winger and Pedro Leon apparently has attitude problems. so they'll send him out somewhere and barely use Callejon, instead!

Mourinho likes to squad stack.

Real Madrid like to squad stack.

put them together...

he wants to be 2 deep at every position, signing Coentrao means Arbeloa & Ramos can rotate the RB spot w/o Arby needing to worry about moving over to LB. people wanna know why he's successful? MONEY is why. he's spent phenomenal amounts and amassed super squads at Chelsea, Inter & now Real. Porto were similarly stacked by the overall quality level was lower, obviously.

It means maybe Ramos in the centre more often?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
.. and another smart/cheap buy and another player Madrid don't need.
They still spend less than us in wages tho so let's not laugh too much.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

This is true, but at Madrid he has a lot more temperamental personalities than he did at Inter and Chelsea. Not that the likes of Eto'o were always easy to control and I know he's a great man manager but Madrid has a lot more..delicate personalities and he has already given up on the likes of Gago and Pedro Leon.

Trequartista

The good
And there is still a chance that Real goes for Maicon again.

Thats actually one signing they may need,they need to move Ramos centrally and sign an attacking right back,last summer their transfer policy was good and signed Ozil and Di Maria for decent pries,this summer their strategy is horrible so far,istead of Sahin they should have gone for a classic destroyer and they should have used Granero more instead of signing altintop,we will see what happens next
doubt they will sign Coentrao but maybe they will go for someone like llorente/Aguero afterall

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well I expect Gago, Kaka, Benzema, Lass, Canales, Albiol and Garay all to leave probably. Adebayor has left the squad. Dudek has retired.

I also expect them to go for Maicon too, maybe using one of the defenders or Kaka (a replacement for Sneijder perhaps???) as part of the deal maybe.

I mean a Maicon-------Ramos-------Pepe-----Coentrao------ would be a magnificent defence. Plus with Sahin and Alonso as the 2 deep CM's just ahead of them, man what foundation that would be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans