Not open for further replies.

Yugi

selling Higuain and Benzema would be a dream come true
and if they will buy Tevez I will jizz my pants
Perez FTW

El Gato

Villarato!
Like Carvalho then?

Whether it makes sense or not does not determine whether Madrid will sign him or not. Especially as Mourinho is getting more free reign with signings. Lampard and Kaka' swap is gonna happen as well.

Yes, like Carvalho but then he has 1, maybe 2 more seasons left in him so there is no rush for a partner for Pepe or a RB and getting Maicon now would be stupid since Ramos would be pushed over and Carvalho would go the the bench, unless Mou would want Pepe at DM permanently. And the difference between signing Carvalho and Maicon is that we needed a quality player like him, he wouldn't cause squad pressure, he didn't cost shitloads etc.

And signing Maicon would need large sums of money (bout 30-40 I would say) so again, it contradicts with your previous theory of RM going bankrupt ;)

Lampard for Kaka? I'd take that, but Chelsea aren't stupid enough, neither is Lampard.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yes, like Carvalho but then he has 1, maybe 2 more seasons left in him so there is no rush for a partner for Pepe or a RB and getting Maicon now would be stupid since Ramos would be pushed over and Carvalho would go the the bench, unless Mou would want Pepe at DM permanently. And the difference between signing Carvalho and Maicon is that we needed a quality player like him, he wouldn't cause squad pressure, he didn't cost shitloads etc.

And signing Maicon would need large sums of money (bout 30-40 I would say) so again, it contradicts with your previous theory of RM going bankrupt ;)

Lampard for Kaka? I'd take that, but Chelsea aren't stupid enough, neither is Lampard.

If you use players in an exchange deal then it would not be a large sum of money. Ramos is a monster at CB and Maicon, is 30 this year? which means he has a good 3-4 years at the top level.

Carvalho is excellent back up, and for me that is what he would be. Not a starter.

Bergkamp10

Not young enough for Arsenal.

ndvhao.jpg

El Gato

Villarato!
You should look at it realistically. What is the likelihood of RM selling both current CBs (Garay + Albiol), acquiring Maicon for millions and millions, moving Carvalho to the bench and then inserting him back in against Barca for Pepe to play in midfield to leave no CB on the bench (because that's what would have to happen if Maicon was to come, both Albiol and Garay would have to be sold) ?

I honestly believe that Callejon transfer was the last acquisition made by Madrid (excluding Adebayor buyout). The crazy transfer talk will continue, but I think now it is only a matter of who leaves. I think it's only going to be Pedro Leon and Gago for sure who are going to leave (if of course Gago will not suddenly act like Mahamadou Diarra), Canales will go on loan and the situation is weird with Lass and Garay since it's pretty much up to them whether they want to leave or not.

As for Adebayor, in my opinion it would be better to let him go, allow Benzema and Higuain to share their position and use Morata/Joselu as a bench striker when one of them gets hurt which will still allow them to fulfill their duties with Castilla (since Morata extended his contract). But it's a doubtful scenario even if it seems the best.

Alex,
You should have chosen a better pic. Benziza is more bulky than that :)

Last edited:

Bergkamp10

Poor Atleti, no Aguero, no De gae and possibly no Forlan(although they might like that) for next season. Gutted. I guess Aguero is going to be really hated by their fans now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans