Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Would LOVE to get the scoop from Valdano but we all know he's too classy to throw any parting shots...But oh it would be some great stuff, to be sure

El Gato

Villarato!
well the point of comparison is not valid at all,any manager(or a player)has the right to sign one year deal or whatever he wants,When Pep asks Rosell to kick Zubi then I will agree with you or even asks the club not to sign players without his approval ala KR9 and Henrique then yes
what I am saying is that Mourinho is changing the culture of Real Madrid,remmember your friend Gio being surprised of the fans singing Mourinho songs because of the "Madrid Cultures" and then kicking the Sporting director then thats what I say
Mourinho is gaining more power and changing a lot at Madrid,whether you admit it or not is another issue

(...)

Who knows?what about the Ujvalusi comments today?
Florentino went public in most of the big transfers he made recently,it could be another strategy,you dont need el Kun anyway

Yh, but you don't see my point. Through his deals Pep keeps the club alert and lets them know that if anything gets out of his hand, that includes the situation with the team or the club, he has the ability to leave. It's the way he likes it to go for himself, it's how he is comfortable in the club.

Also, Mourinho didn't ask Perez to kick Valdano, he wouldn't do that bec Perez still somewhat values business. Valdano wasn't the right man for Mourinho's style of managing the team, bec he stuck his nose in the doorway too often than Mourinho would want him to so he asked for bigger autonomy and the only way he would get it is by getting a different man for that job so Perez went with it. Even Perez said he didn't want to do this as Valdano is his friend and he had a good connection with the team the last time he was there. It's what was better for the sake of the success of this team.

Changing cultures ? Oh well, it was bound to happen cuz Madrid didn't have that type of coach yet and Mourinho knows how to connect with the supporters and how to gain their trust, therefore putting pressure on the board to make the decisions to keep him.

I didn't say he isn't gaining more power, because obviously he is. He changed the club due to hunger of trophies. When he gets those I expect it to go back to normal since there isn't a coach of his type in the world.

As for Aguero and Ujfalusi's words, if I remember right Ujfalusi said that Aguero would like/wants to come to Madrid, not that Madrid made an offer for him. Perez will cooperate with Mourinho on that one. I think nothing's going to happen. That's just my opinion. I never know what Mourinho might pull.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
We're dipping our toes in the water. I very much doubt we'll stick to a structure like this for the long haul, Raed is right, one day Valdano will likely return, or someone similar in the same capacity. So what we see now is the club unleashing the full potential of Mourinho. I just cant wait for the whiney Barcelona fans warming up their extra annoying whingey tone on this. Afterall it is their favourite subject - Mourinho that is. I agreed with Gio when he said the most shocking thing about all this is how Mournho has won over the Madrid core faithful because we have seen past coaches fall for less. But he is a popular figure and Florentino will win massive credibility for making this call with the voting socios.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
They surely won't crumble when Mou goes . They have a young squad and are still the richest club in the World.
This. Inter had limited amount of attacking talent andwhen they bruoght in a manager that wanted to change the ultra defensive inter tactic into a free flowing football form, they failed. + with "world class" players that were looking good because of the system. (Maicon, Milito(to some extent))

Real won't. Just look @ the player names.

Last edited:

Xavi_78

This. Inter had limited amount of attacking talent andwhen they bruoght in a manager that wanted to change the ultra defensive inter tactic into a free flowing football form, they failed. + with "world class" players that were looking good because of the system. (Maicon, Milito(to some extent))

Real won't. Just look @ the player names.

The same players they already have this year, so what. It is not that their mulitmillion dollar squad steamrolled everybody

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I just cant wait for the whiney Barcelona fans warming up their extra annoying whingey tone on this. Afterall it is their favourite subject - Mourinho that is. I agreed with Gio when he said the most shocking thing about all this is how Mournho has won over the Madrid core faithful because we have seen past coaches fall for less. But he is a popular figure and Florentino will win massive credibility for making this call with the voting socios.

Barca fans dislike him for the obvious reasons. Since his Chelski days onward. So I wouldn't say Madrid had much to do with our dislike. But if you saw Mou's interviews this season you'd see that Mou is actually obsessed with Barca more than an usual Barca fan is obsessed with him.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
So it was true...

The fact that he is leaving definitely means that the club will lose a historical figure to the club. However I don't agree with cules saying now Madrid will go into disarray, I actually believe the contrary. Its quite obvious now that Jose has total control, and Perez is willing to bow down to any of his demands after letting Valdano go. This will probably mean we will see a more negative, a more Mourinho-oriented team, which will make them probably more 'hateble' but also very efficient...

It will have Jose DNA, the bad and the good part of it...

M

mitkoa7x

So it was true...

The fact that he is leaving definitely means that the club will lose a historical figure to the club. However I don't agree with cules saying now Madrid will go into disarray, I actually believe the contrary. Its quite obvious now that Jose has total control, and Perez is willing to bow down to any of his demands after letting Valdano go. This will probably mean we will see a more negative, a more Mourinho-oriented team, which will make them probably more 'hateble' but also very efficient...

It will have Jose DNA, the bad and the good part of it...

I agree. I was hoping Perez will sack Mou, but instead he became his loyal servant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans