Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
So it was true...

The fact that he is leaving definitely means that the club will lose a historical figure to the club. However I don't agree with cules saying now Madrid will go into disarray, I actually believe the contrary. Its quite obvious now that Jose has total control, and Perez is willing to bow down to any of his demands after letting Valdano go. This will probably mean we will see a more negative, a more Mourinho-oriented team, which will make them probably more 'hateble' but also very efficient...

It will have Jose DNA, the bad and the good part of it...

Yup, looks like Perez is abandoning all superficial commitment to attacking football.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I was going to say this will bring Zidane closer to the club and today I am reading reports that he will be the new Sporting Director. Though it is easy for the media to come up with that to sell news but I still question, what is Zidane going to do now? Will he be moved closer to the managerial staff?

El Gato

Villarato!
Zidane isn't confirmed yet anywhere except Marca. Either way, this would further strengthen Jose's position in the club.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Zidane isn't confirmed yet anywhere except Marca. Either way, this would further strengthen Jose's position in the club.

:lol: Apart from Perez (Who is effectively Dead Man Walking), who else can weaken Jose's position??

Per usual, Mou does his winning off the pitch rather than on it

Xavi_78

I just can not believe that a club of the prestige, stature and history like Real Madrid are bending over like this to satisfy every whimp of a single man who may not even last 3 year at this club

El Gato

Villarato!
Wow you are overreacting so badly. Besides that's what Madrid needed, a lot more autonomy and rights given to the coach instead of people looking over coach's shoulders on every single occasion. You're just moaning, because it's Mourinho, had it been Pellegrini u wouldn't say a damn thing.

BTW
Benzema took part in a photoshoot of Real's new home kits so it's almost sure he is not the striker to leave. Now confirmation about Higuain is needed.

Xavi_78

Wow you are overreacting so badly. Besides that's what Madrid needed, a lot more autonomy and rights given to the coach instead of people looking over coach's shoulders on every single occasion. You're just moaning, because it's Mourinho, had it been Pellegrini u wouldn't say a damn thing.

BTW
Benzema took part in a photoshoot of Real's new home kits so it's almost sure he is not the striker to leave. Now confirmation about Higuain is needed.

I never made it a secret that I deeply dislike Mou, but that has nothing to do with it, it is more the way people who served the club well are disrespected in public,, but after what happened to VdB nobody should be surprised. Like Sid Lowe said: Valdano always showed loyalty but was not shown any

El Gato

Villarato!
Disrespected ? Valdano himself says he doesn't feel disrespected at all, because of the club finally putting the coach over the management when it comes to making crucial team decisions. Loyalty is such a broad term that you can't just go out and say 'Oh, those bastards have no respect towards loyal people'. Valdano was loyal and associated himself with the club at every point of his career, but then where did his presence take RM ? What did RM win when he was the director and sticking his nose into the locker room causing distress and not enabling the coaches to do whatever it is they want to do with the team ? He may have not been a direct cause of RM's trophy drought in those years, but this type of structure certainly had an impact on it. His ways go together with the image of the club, but not with the purpose of it.

Xavi_78

Disrespected ? Valdano himself says he doesn't feel disrespected at all, because of the club finally putting the coach over the management when it comes to making crucial team decisions. Loyalty is such a broad term that you can't just go out and say 'Oh, those bastards have no respect towards loyal people'. Valdano was loyal and associated himself with the club at every point of his career, but then where did his presence take RM ? What did RM win when he was the director and sticking his nose into the locker room causing distress and not enabling the coaches to do whatever it is they want to do with the team ? He may have not been a direct cause of RM's trophy drought in those years, but this type of structure certainly had an impact on it. His ways go together with the image of the club, but not with the purpose of it.

Like VdB he shows a last time that he will take the clubs interest about his own feelings, both of them never talked bad about the way they were treated and that for me is loyalty. And it is not that with Mou suddenly the CL and La Liga title are here, I just can not understand that you give a man 100% control who compared to the assets he had at his disposal (the most expensive and best squad in the wordl) did quite underachieve

El Gato

Villarato!
Xavi_78 said:
And it is not that with Mou suddenly the CL and La Liga title are here, I just can not understand that you give a man 100% control who compared to the assets he had at his disposal (the most expensive and best squad in the wordl) did quite underachieve

Last time I checked Madrid was a mediocre team to Cules, what changed ?

Underachieved ? Please expand, although there is so many ways to prove that statement wrong that I don't think you should even bother.

And doesn't Guardiola have 100% control over the team issues and matters ? When was the last time Zubi intervened in the team's business like Valdano used to do ? It doesn't seem that Guardiola is having any troubles with the management sticking their nose where it shouldn't be, no ?

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Valdano stepping down/being dismissed is nothing but the world best un-kept secret .
many of you remember i said that much during December that Valdano wanted to step down instead of adding internal conflicts..
for all i know it's been agreed this way to allow payment for Valdano instead of getting nothing due to resigning .

There is no surprise there , Jose was a success in first season with Real (whether u like or not it doesn't matter cause Cule's have their own unique position on Jose long before he took over)
regarding the culture change it's a wrong analysis as Real was always about the winning culture so there is no change in that but part of the reason why Jose gained popularity is the same reason why Jose's topic is bigger than Pep's on the forum , he tick all the right spots in provoking u and u'r easily provoked .
A Manager who won a trophy (again ) in his first year and over archrivals and the best team and player in the world, came second with 100 + goals in the league and vs the best Barca team and could've been playing the final if the draw didn't put Barca & Real vs each other in the semi's . overall Jose was a success so was most of his transfers .
if he was looking for the defensive side u' would have seen more Diarra's and less Sahin's .. it's only right to give him the chance to do his thing after the first year which he made the biggest progress since Del Bosque days in the CL .
People here know i love Valdano and he will always remain a club man but the role of the manager is important and it's better to allow Jose to have the atmosphere so we can also criticize him if he deserve later next season ..
a more cooperative duet of Zidane and Jose (as seen with Benzema case ) is better for the club.. the decision (as sad as it is for me cause it's freaking valdano ) remains the best for the club .

Xavi_78

Valdano stepping down/being dismissed is nothing but the world best un-kept secret .
many of you remember i said that much during December that Valdano wanted to step down instead of adding internal conflicts..
for all i know it's been agreed this way to allow payment for Valdano instead of getting nothing due to resigning .

There is no surprise there , Jose was a success in first season with Real (whether u like or not it doesn't matter cause Cule's have their own unique position on Jose long before he took over)
regarding the culture change it's a wrong analysis as Real was always about the winning culture so there is no change in that but part of the reason why Jose gained popularity is the same reason why Jose's topic is bigger than Pep's on the forum , he tick all the right spots in provoking u and u'r easily provoked .
A Manager who won a trophy (again ) in his first year and over archrivals and the best team and player in the world, came second with 100 + goals in the league and vs the best Barca team and could've been playing the final if the draw didn't put Barca & Real vs each other in the semi's . overall Jose was a success so was most of his transfers .
if he was looking for the defensive side u' would have seen more Diarra's and less Sahin's .. it's only right to give him the chance to do his thing after the first year which he made the biggest progress since Del Bosque days in the CL .
People here know i love Valdano and he will always remain a club man but the role of the manager is important and it's better to allow Jose to have the atmosphere so we can also criticize him if he deserve later next season ..
a more cooperative duet of Zidane and Jose (as seen with Benzema case ) is better for the club.. the decision (as sad as it is for me cause it's freaking valdano ) remains the best for the club .

Come on we know that it is not easy. The only reason you say that Barca are the best is to paint the mediocre achievments of Mou in a better light. We can not compete with your team, you have 2 of the most expensive players in the world, your squad is three times as expensive and good as ours. With this squad you should be out of sight and so that you are 2nd in the league is of course underachievment.

It is a success that Mou won 1 cup in his first seaosn? Sorry but Pep did won six in his first year, but is nevertheless belitteld by the media and Mou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans